Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

11 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

It's never been anywhere near this bad.

It's telling that nearly every update to the arena system has made it considerably less enjoyable. IS struck gold with FEH's mechanics but can't make an enjoyable game mode for their lives. For all the arena butchering they've committed, they could've just implemented theme weeks: "infantry units get faster cooldown", "Awakening units only", etc. Instead the restrictions come from blessings and an increasingly punishing bonus unit system.

I agree with you.

Ever since they made 3 of your units useless its basically been that mode for me, with that said I gave this week a try since I have a legendary eirika, but my other infantary merges (one is +9 and one is +10, the other is my +3 ayra) just aren't enough to make it to this.

so fuck the mode lol.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:18 PM, Destiny Hero said:

It's never been anywhere near this bad.

It's telling that nearly every update to the arena system has made it considerably less enjoyable. IS struck gold with FEH's mechanics but can't make an enjoyable game mode for their lives. For all the arena butchering they've committed, they could've just implemented theme weeks: "infantry units get faster cooldown", "Awakening units only", etc. Instead the restrictions come from blessings and an increasingly punishing bonus unit system.

I think the theme idea is great and I've actually thought of it myself. In addition to all of arena's other stupid problem the fact that the bonus units are so few sucks. The older the game gets the worse it gets since they've never increased the number of bonus units while the pool has grown bigger and bigger. And that doesn't even touch on the fact that seasonals get two weeks as bonus units ever then never again sucks. Making the bonus based on a theme instead of specific units would make arena at least a bit more enjoyable. 

23 minutes ago, Igneous42 said:

I think the theme idea is great and I've actually thought of it myself. In addition to all of arena's other stupid problem the fact that the bonus units are so few sucks. The older the game gets the worse it gets since they've never increased the number of bonus units while the pool has grown bigger and bigger. And that doesn't even touch on the fact that seasonals get two weeks as bonus units ever then never again sucks. Making the bonus based on a theme instead of specific units would make arena at least a bit more enjoyable. 

I hadn't considered the bonus pool deflation before--in hindsight, that's totally one of the reasons why I've been having more trouble with the arena lately. Unfortunately even with theme weeks they'd have to account for some other type of scoring system, and it would have to involve BST because IS has committed to those stupid Duel skills.

As someone who joined the game rather late (for all intents and purposes, june 2018 is when I started the game), I find arena bonuses mostly being luck of the draw. Like, I'm very quickly pivoting to developing the Askr trio since they're at least reliable and just accept I'll be at tier 17.5 and get 3-4 orbs and 1700-2000 feathers per week.

But arena in general has always been one of my least favorite modes in the game. So, *shrugs*.

11 minutes ago, Arvis said:

I'm confused... what's even here that I'd like? y;

I already have my S!Innes and although he's kinda a shitty IV (+hp -spd), I'm too orb deprived from vantage and steady stance 4 fodder banner to snipe for S!Innes.

Weren't you talking about not being sure what to do if Hrid was the new Legendary?

13 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Weren't you talking about not being sure what to do if Hrid was the new Legendary?

If I did, it was the assumption I'd need to sac him to give red duel infantry for my Arvis (assuming he was infantry sword and had the skill, both of which were baseless but not completely left field). I don't actually care about Hrid y;

Edit: If i did get Hrid, I hope he likes being fed to Ares for that distant counter. I'm actually only one Ares summon and a shit-ton of feathers away from a +10 Ares so exciting.

Edited by Arvis

You know Hrid is a male character because his base kit is hot steaming garbage.

Freezing Seal lowers speed, even though Hrid's weapon makes speed completely irrelevant. Attack Smoke is an easy 4* skill on a legendary unit, and debuffs attack, which is already covered by the Freezing Seal, making the Freezing Seal even more useless. And to top it off, of course he ships with Moonbow, the most boring skill possible.

We're also getting our second legendary sword cav in a row, after so many other swords, so that's neat. It's like they gave him Distant Counter and decided he doesn't need to have anything else decent. And don't even think about pairing him with Gunnthra if you don't already have her, or you're getting Kana and Summer Innes with no good skills to fodder. Not that I'll get Hrid anyway--I'm expecting a real thrilling pile of Laevateins and Ryomas.

PS: Really gotta wonder WTF is going on with the developers when they've left F-Grima recurring as the one and only gray legendary every month for almost an entire year. Right up with having only two Radiant Dawn events by the game's second anniversary, and waiting two entire years for Binding Blade. They don't know what they're doing. They're not even trying to make the fans happy--just piss the fans off and then give them a few pairs of waifu buttcheeks, rinse and repeat.

edit: Something else I just realized is that all of these Book II units would have been MUCH better suited for appearances two months ago, when Book II was ending. Appearing just before Book III drops makes it look like the developers just totally forgot that they were doing this, or decided at the last second. Instead of capitalizing on the hype, we're awkwardly looking back when we just want to look forward.

Edited by Destiny Hero

I agree there hasnt been much interesting in terms of units. The last banner Ifound interesting was Doorway to Destiny; I had to start pulling for units who I sort of wanted for the skills just to have an excuse to fish for common pool fodder and Lachesis.

Aether Raids was a cool addition but unless they add a new source of grails, it'll be 30 weeks until I can +10 Arvis. Ouch. But, I like the mode all things considered, and having a new meta that doesn't necessitate high BST for the sake of it will likely be good for the game longterm. That said, aether raid needs its own meta to balance, but I feel it's in a better position to do it.

But part of me thinks that IS didn't plan anything interesting during this time frame because book ii ended and book iii has yet to begin and want to only include banners that would get a paralogue regardless. Naga forbid they just create paralogues for normal New Heroes like they did with Genealogy last year. Especially when we start including banners like Adrift that... I don't think I've seen so much salt over a banner before.

Maybe I'm being naive, but once book iii starts the content will feel more consistently good than now. But I'm not gonna blame people for being salty about the game given its recent output.

Edited by Arvis
29 minutes ago, Arvis said:

I agree there hasnt been much interesting in terms of units. The last banner Ifound interesting was Doorway to Destiny; I had to start pulling for units who I sort of wanted for the skills just to have an excuse to fish for common pool fodder and Lachesis.

Aether Raids was a cool addition but unless they add a new source of grails, it'll be 30 weeks until I can +10 Arvis. Ouch. But, I like the mode all things considered, and having a new meta that doesn't necessitate high BST for the sake of it will likely be good for the game longterm. That said, aether raid needs its own meta to balance, but I feel it's in a better position to do it.

But part of me thinks that IS didn't plan anything interesting during this time frame because book ii ended and book iii has yet to begin and want to only include banners that would get a paralogue regardless. Naga forbid they just create paralogues for normal New Heroes like they did with Genealogy last year. Especially when we start including banners like Adrift that... I don't think I've seen so much salt over a banner before.

Maybe I'm being naive, but once book iii starts the content will feel more consistently good than now. But I'm not gonna blame people for being salty about the game given its recent output.

I'm okay with the way that things have slowed down. It's the laziness in planning that's getting to me--the glaring gaps like Radiant and Binding representation, and F-Grima. The way male characters are consistently screwed over while nearly every woman and little girl is fetishized. Though on that last point, I do understand that the fanbase shares blame. After Awakening, a gay man who dislikes hentai is far outside of Fire Emblem's target audience.

At this point, I have the same problem with this game as I do with Smash.

What was supposed to be a fun crossover title about the characters I love beating the shit out of each other has devolved into a Korean drama where everyone's always like "Oh, I have to learn how to use this character because everyone else is using that character. I can't just use my favorite character because they're low-tier."

Basically, fuck the metagame; I just want to be able to collect waifus in silly outfits. matty;