Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

It's not DST that's messed up*--it's the way they publish the event schedules.

The west coast gets their reset at 11 PM now, and for some stupid reason the event schedule's times are based on that region. So the majority of the playerbase is told the wrong date so that a few people who stay up late won't sometimes think they have to wait an extra hour if they don't check the game.

*in this very specific context

Edited by Destiny Hero

My interest in the arena modes has declined exponentially. I didn't touch either until the final hour this week.

Standard arena, unless I have some amazing bonus units, I couldn't care less about. The bonus kills update was the final nail. It's a luck-based grind. It has no redeeming qualities. There is nothing fun about this. I'm dropping to tier 17 and I don't even care.

Arena Assault just gets worse over time. I did the first battle with a random team, lost the second, and that's it for me this week. Again, can't give a fuck.

Aether Raids might be a decent replacement once IS goes full Yugioh and outright bans Reinhardt and Veronica. Because that's all this mode is. It's the Reinhardt and Veronica mode. When your entire game revolves around just 2 of your 320 characters, one being a launch unit, you've got a problem you're not gonna solve through skillcreep.

They won't ban them. They'll try to nerf but I doubt they'll ever ban them. I'm expecting eventually a whole horse army once people unlock the 5th and 6th characters.

BTW Reinhardt isn't even that bad, he's hilariously easy to bait with a green counter unit. Lyn and veronica though..

Edited by Alice Phantasma
1 hour ago, Alice Phantasma said:

They won't ban them. They'll try to nerf but I doubt they'll ever ban them. I'm expecting eventually a whole horse army once people unlock the 5th and 6th characters.

BTW Reinhardt isn't even that bad, he's hilariously easy to bait with a green counter unit. Lyn and veronica though..

Exempting the first month, this game's entire history has been dominated by and built around Reinhardt, and then also Brave Lyn, and now mainly Veronica. Everything gravitates around just a couple of stupid design mistakes the developers made and refuse to ever directly address. With one compromise after another, IS has failed again and again to make a truly enjoyable game mode out of an otherwise fantastically designed game.

Hyperoffensive ranged cavalry units are a cancer, but there's no other way to build that archetype, because there is almost no such thing as a reliable defensive ranged unit, because of dragonbreath's adaptive damage. Then we've got Wings of Mercy dancers and Fighter skills demanding that every engagement results in a ORKO.

hmmm? https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/eve006/

very interesting image from here:

USen_EV006_002_01.png

Two things to note:

- there's a four star halloween henry here

- the source is the FEH website (the Sharena tutorial), so it's probably not photoshopped.

What y'all make of this? can we get easily summonable year one seasonals? will chrom make an army of +10 spring chroms?

Edited by Arvis