Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Heroic Grails are great conceptually but I'm not a fan of the fact that they aren't really a permanent solution in the long term. There's a limit imposed on how many you can summon and once you hit that you would have to rely on future events for any more (which is probably the point, but still). But at least you can +10 anyone you wish at your own pace now.

2 hours ago, Chrom said:

Heroic Grails are great conceptually but I'm not a fan of the fact that they aren't really a permanent solution in the long term. There's a limit imposed on how many you can summon and once you hit that you would have to rely on future events for any more (which is probably the point, but still). But at least you can +10 anyone you wish at your own pace now.

I feel like that's what it's supposed to be for, as well as accounting for whatever skill inheritance you want to mess with down the line. The 20-hero limit is kind of dumb, but I don't see myself needing even that many Lyons. I take more of an issue with IS adding more resources to grind for in general. It's a manipulative way to elongate a game that is best enjoyed in short bursts. It's not even like these characters are locked behind a paywall since they're impossible to summon normally, so I don't know why they don't just run another series of Grand Hero Battles with those characters.

Just an idea, but I'd be more okay with the 20 summon limit through Heroic Grails if they actually refreshed it once a year or something. I think that would make it much more tolerable. I just don't like the thought that if I use the feature long enough, I won't be able to summon who I want anymore.

Yeah, I've taken one look at the Heroic Grails system and thought... well, it's still limited. I can now have 25 Saises, but I still can't fodder any for Speed Ploy because I need to save all of these potions for any potential secret final bosses... Gah, this mindset is unbreakable. But like @Chrom says, there's nothing preventing IS from resetting or increasing the quota, as they've done with Hero Merit.

My second thought is that my ultra-optimal debuff tank Leon is now inferior to NY-Corrin, which is upsetting. But at least Corrin would take much longer to build, and I prefer Leon as a character. I'm learning to put more value on fun. I made a reroll account that got bad summons, but it got an excellent Owain and Kliff, so I kept them.

I lied to all of you and spent money to get the new Camilla. Of course she's -atk/+def which may be about the worst combo you can get, but I'm still glad I got her. Fortunetly she has good enough Attack that even with a bane it's not gonna hurt her too much. Even with -Atk she actually still has more Atk than a neutral Summer Camilla. When you add the +3 from the tome and flier buffs she'll be able to manage just fine. Gonna stick with a pretty vanilla build with her for now. Of course, like @Carl321 said, if it does feel like she's struggling I can just throw a bladetome on her. 

It is amusing though, with Adrift Camilla I realized 4 of the 5 variants had -Atk for my first pull of them. The only one that didn't was Spring Camilla. So I guess that's just my life lol.

Video will be tomorrow. Video is roughly 26 hours (give or take an hour, I forget the exact number) before the banner launches (except in rare cases).

To be a little more specific, daylight savings time started recently so whereas banners used to start at 12am PDT on day x, they now start at 11pm on day x-1. So even though the banner starts at the 20th at 11pm, if daylight savings time would simply not happen, the banner would have started on the 21st at 12am. In either case, the 26 hours before the banner is tomorrow evening, on the 19th.

tl;dr: daylight savings time was a mistake.