Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

14 minutes ago, Arvis said:

Honestly, I'm glad Quick Riposte is in the game. I've been using my Quan since I summoned him but I don't know if he could do half what he does without QR3. 

And, yeah, bold fighter is perhaps too good a skill, but armors are often too inflexible a class that they really *really* needed some support. Was bold fighter and armor march too much? Maybe, but I'm also imagining tackling ingame armor quests without those skills :S

That said, I'd rather IS not default to armors just because they're good, especially when a big reason armors are good is because their BST works well in the very very broken arena. 

Armors are good because of their min/maxed stat spreads and Fighter skills. Both are overpowered on their own, and together they're even worse. Take those away and armors are balanced. But IS actively plays into this min/max BS when you see units like Kagero having 23 speed or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Ephraim said:

QR is a 100% fine skill on its own lol

It should never have been a seal though... and Fighter skills certainly should never ever have existed either, they are absurd.

I've talked about this earlier. Quick Riposte needed to be a seal because if it wasn't, then there would be almost no demand for any other B-skill the developers could possibly create.

But Quick Riposte existing at all started the trend of units that could totally dump out their speed stat, yet still double and ORKO anyway. It's become a much bigger problem as stat spreads in general become more extreme. Sweepers who could normally leave a big dent, survive one hit, and then finish off their opponents on the next turn suddenly have literally no playstyle other than "initiate and ORKO, or die in any other scenario".

And that has been very toxic and restrictive in terms of gameplay and development.

6 hours ago, Surge135 said:

Oh maaaan... was sniping colorless for Halloween Mia and got a circle without any colorless, so I pulled the red and got 'pitybroken' at 3.25%...

...by a +Res/-Atk Halloween Myrrh

Same here. Except it was Siegbert. I don't even like Siegbert. :( Probably not getting Mia now. 

Edited by Laclipsey

Holy shit, I have zero luck in this banner. Aiming for Mia, Kagero, or Myrrh. 100-110 orbs later, nothing. Got pitybroken with Nanna (+HP/-RES) along the way, and currently sitting at 4% pity rate. Like I've joked about my luck temporarily running out in a past banner given how well I'd usually do, but this takes the cake for me, because this is the first time I've experienced this drought in this game. (I did get four SSRs in Fate Grand Order in a span of a month, which is a feat in itself, so...)

Maybe I should have concentrated on green only since I wanted Kagero the most. (kinda for Mia for her weird battle cry, and Myrrh for hearing she's suppose to be quite strong.) Time to go through a number of story missions and quests to get those orbs now. At least this is a 30-day banner, right. -awkward laugh-

Edited by avalonknight

I'm forcing myself to use Judgral Emblem for these abyssal maps and, yeah, those ninjas. 

I either need some DC fodder or a defensive Jamke, but I'll probably try my luck with a defensive Jamke build; I have most fodder (except Silas) for the latter but I need like 46k feathers so it'll be a month probably. 

Edited by Arvis

.Whald/dolphined a bit but finally managed to get Halloween Kagero. +Atk/-res which I'm perfectly content with. Even with the - she's still sitting at 30 resistance. Opted to refine her weapon with res to make up for it too and it leaves her with a 32/33 defense spread. With +atk she has a base 41 Atk for a pretty damn good mixed phase unit.

Halloween Kagero also finally gave me something to use that free Takumi on so now she has close counter as well. Only thing I'm unsure of is what I want to do for a special and C skill. Even Atk wave is great but only applies every other turn and Ibplan on using her with an armor team for the most part so may gonwith an armor buff. She good enough bulk that I could see Ignis or similar working well. 

Edited by Igneous42

I just finished the last of the Lunatic Chain Challenges from the main story. I also have just the last paralogue to complete. I have Brave Veronica and my +10 Legendary Ike with Special Spiral for most of this, though my Flier/Horse/Armor teams helped out immensely when my main team was knocked out.

1 hour ago, Arvis said:

A small touch to Tap Battle I appreciate is how Quan had both Ethlyn and Finn as allies, but when Leif shows up as the true boss, only Finn shows up as an ally. 

I also have been using Ethlyn a lot because I guess I just like her.

I wanna build her up because she's super cute, but I don't really have the fodder to go all in with her.

1 hour ago, Alice Phantasma said:

I wanna build her up because she's super cute, but I don't really have the fodder to go all in with her.

I find Ethlyn's defense to be a selling point, along with her default A skill. I'm running her alongside Arden, Saias, and Lewyn in arena (note a great team for Ponta because low BST)  and if I'm not careful with Saias or Lewyn she can be an emergency wall. That said, I'll drop her next weak when she's not a bonus unit. 

Otherwise, I'm doing dazzling pain+ and savage blow 6 wombo combo along with default skills. It works well. 

Wow, this banner hates me. Sniping green for Maid Kagero...got pitybroken by...vanilla Myrrth. The banner isn't over yet, so I'm not dumping money yet...unless Gamestop has some deals on FEH Orbs with Google Play or those Google Play card deals at like Best Buy or a drug store. Still got a number of orb missions and story missions to clear.

Edited by avalonknight