Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Still, all that considered FEH still treats its (very spoiled) fans quite well compared to the rest of the genre. My other experiences are Duel Links (horrendous UI, moneygrabbing powercreep galore) and Battle Cats (MEGA grind to eternity and back, pull like once a month).

FEH's made a business model off abusing whales, but for everyone else at least it lets us play the game mostly the way we want it. I've got some 80 golds untouched because of bad banes, characters I personally dislike, or skills that are too valuable to confidently inherit, but I've still got upwards of 50 units that are really enjoyable to clear every bit of content with.

Generic freakishly muscular brute with surgically removed nipples. Yawn. He does have Sturdy Stance, though--L-Ephraim's Atk/Def booster.

The only scandal here is Halloween Niles's spread. The armored version of Niles has 29 resistance--that's significantly lower than the infantry. Seriously? And then they jack his defense up. And of course all the other armored units are min/maxed. I'm way too bothered by this. This character isn't Niles--it's just a bad clone of Valentine's Lyn with Niles's face slapped on.

1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

Still, all that considered FEH still treats its (very spoiled) fans quite well compared to the rest of the genre. My other experiences are Duel Links (horrendous UI, moneygrabbing powercreep galore) and Battle Cats (MEGA grind to eternity and back, pull like once a month).

FEH's made a business model off abusing whales, but for everyone else at least it lets us play the game mostly the way we want it. I've got some 80 golds untouched because of bad banes, characters I personally dislike, or skills that are too valuable to confidently inherit, but I've still got upwards of 50 units that are really enjoyable to clear every bit of content with.

Haven't run into that many issues with Duel Links yet. I mainly just play for the shits and giggles though. Re-learning how to play Yu-Gi-Oh.

As for FEH... holy crap... been running into so many pity draws lately that it's not funny, along with a lot of crap. Still haven't drawn who I've been trying to draw for yet. So it's definitely aimed at whales. That said, I appreciate that it lets us play the game for the most part like we want to.

I lucked out and got all three Muspell generals dirt cheap. But the sword sisters are both +res/-def which gives the flier no niche and the infantry almost none. Helbindi, then, is of course -atk/+spd but he's for inheritance anyway.

So now I'm wondering if Axura is totally worth the arena pick over Inigo. He can poke at range and help counter Lyn & Rein, and her +3 buffs aren't as relevant when other buff skills are making such a comeback. And my Inigo has two merges. Bleh. Even with Duel, my Axura isn't cresting 700 without an active blessing.

Here's a question for everyone

Since the debut of certain child characters from Awakening and Fates have 'official' (questionable since it's not exactly Intelligent System's artists) artwork for Heroes signaling certain pairings based on hair color, have you considered these pairing to be canon or would you think these more of the artists' preference?

9 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

Here's a question for everyone

Since the debut of certain child characters from Awakening and Fates have 'official' (questionable since it's not exactly Intelligent System's artists) artwork for Heroes signaling certain pairings based on hair color, have you considered these pairing to be canon or would you think these more of the artists' preference?

I know that for Awakening, anyway, the hair colors match the ones that they're depicted with in the official Knights of Ylisse artbook.

Sometimes I lay awake at night thinking about how much healthier this game would be if Quick Riposte had never been created.

We've been stuck in the armor meta for almost a full year now. We keep getting more min/maxed tanks guaranteed to attack twice no matter who initiates, and even though other units' aggressive potentials have shot through the roof they still aren't enough. And the source of all of this is Quick Riposte's precedent of eliminating the speed check.

I mean, I use Quick Riposte seal on my LIke, but with a +4 Spd buff from Hone Spd on BIke or the spectrum buff from BVeronica he hits 40 Spd. Therefore I don't necessarily need QR3 but it's nice to have especially with the emergence of Special Fighter, Guard showing up a bit more, and these new Halloween weapons that slow the special charge so I can still get my Radiant Aether off in key matchups.

Honestly, I'm glad Quick Riposte is in the game. I've been using my Quan since I summoned him but I don't know if he could do half what he does without QR3. 

And, yeah, bold fighter is perhaps too good a skill, but armors are often too inflexible a class that they really *really* needed some support. Was bold fighter and armor march too much? Maybe, but I'm also imagining tackling ingame armor quests without those skills :S

That said, I'd rather IS not default to armors just because they're good, especially when a big reason armors are good is because their BST works well in the very very broken arena.