Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Every last bit of this datamine is utter insanity. There goes my productivity for today. I'm so overwhelmed by a billion things happening in my life all at once.

I had to burn three Light's Blessings to clear the last chapter with my Normal team (Laslow/Odin/Camilla/Maria). Blitzed it with Hard (Sigurd/L'arachel/Inigo/Sothe) and Lunatic (Alfonse/Fjorm/Anna/Veronica). Alfonse with double Brazen is incredible!

For anyone who didn't build dedicated teams for Normal/Hard story chapters, I HIGHLY recommend them for Book 3. It's so challenging and rewarding. Have fun with the game.

Bonus for anyone who thought Flora's text was ridiculous in ENGLISH: it's 9 full lines of text and 76 words. The longest English text is Tiki's Summer Breath at 6 lines. (The Spanish translations for Garon's weapon and the 170 BST arena skills are 8 lines long.)

Screenshot_20180914-110233.thumb.png.55433c0f7c87bb47c7bf4f91faba3595.png

Edited by Destiny Hero

I have a +HP/-Res Eldigan and I'm wondering how effective Dark Mystletainn and Aether work on him? Having an effective 2 aether charge sounds really good, on paper at least. 

But, I'm not ready to give up aether fodder. While it's not exactly a 5* exclusive skill, it's on the higher end of the f2p pool.

Edited by Arvis
3 hours ago, Arvis said:

I have a +HP/-Res Eldigan and I'm wondering how effective Dark Mystletainn and Aether work on him? Having an effective 2 aether charge sounds really good, on paper at least. 

But, I'm not ready to give up aether fodder. While it's not exactly a 5* exclusive skill, it's on the higher end of the f2p pool.

Eldigan is weaker and slower than his son, and only gets 1 defense for it. He's never been a good unit at any point in the game, especially when there are so many other interesting sword cavs.

(My personal favorite is Luke, who had by far the most synergistic kit of any unit at his time. Too bad Boosts are unplayable outside Arena and Brave weapons miss out on refinery HP, so now he's one of the most forgotten units ever.)

I mean, I get Eldigan is just worse Ares. This isn't helped by the fact I have a perfect IV Ares, with +Atk/-Res. 

But I really really want to develop my Judgral units and, except when not possible, take in ingame content using Judgral teams. And with that, my sword cavalries are Sigurd, Ares, and Eldigan. Sigurd and Ares are amazing units, and the trick is to find some niche that Eldigan can fuffill where he isn't strictly outclassed by one of them. SIgurd is a better tank, Ares is a better special nuker. The niche I was thinking of is making Eldigan a physical-oriented tank (unlike Sigurd who's mixed), but with reliable-ish healing by special. 

But really, I'm mostly at a crossroad with how to handle Eldigan since he seems so... useless. He's dead weight, and I don't want him to be. 

Edit: I forgot Swordhardt is yet another red sword cavalry, but he's among the (surprisingly small handful) of Judgral units I haven't pulled yet. 

Edit 2: I'll probably go with Fury 6 Eldigan because... it's what he does best. maybe I'll get Shanna for desperation someday. 

Edited by Arvis
3 hours ago, Arvis said:

Are you gonna support him with M!Corrin? Y/Y

He's currently supported with me, which would make him 45/42/42/22/42. Max level would make that 45/43/43/23/43.

Corrin is currently busy being shipped with my Close Counter tank Leon, who's stuck at 44 because I cannot for the life of me get +ATK/-RES and there's no Perfect Pretty Statline for him. Leon needs every stat boost he can get, and Niles... honestly doesn't need anything. what would a decent corrin set even look like

It's extra weird because once I got Leon I stopped ever using Niles, then I perfected Niles and never touched Leon. Then I perfected Leon and now I don't touch Niles. I'm gearing up for some mass upgrading and merges/sacrifices from the 60 untouched 5*s I've hoarded.

Edited by Destiny Hero

Well, it took some 60+ orbs and farming the Tempest Trials, but I pulled Ophelia! Now I can go back to stockpiling free orbs. 

That was an unexpectedly satisfying conclusion to Book II. Not that the story was anything on the level of any of the main series games, but it ended well. I wonder what kind of story they'll use next to continue to justify further updates? :P 

3 hours ago, Laclipsey said:

Well, it took some 60+ orbs and farming the Tempest Trials, but I pulled Ophelia! Now I can go back to stockpiling free orbs. 

That was an unexpectedly satisfying conclusion to Book II. Not that the story was anything on the level of any of the main series games, but it ended well. I wonder what kind of story they'll use next to continue to justify further updates? :P 

We have yet to see an Evil dragon who was manipulating everything the whole time, so the stories actually just getting started. 

His 1 moment was better than everything surtr did in book 2 put together.

Surtr was that bad of a character, and I even gave him a chance. Only character really worth the time to go through the chapters was Hellbendi. Hellbendi was actually really good. Laegjarn was alright, kind of too close to Surtr's awfulness but alright otherwise.

Edited by Alice Phantasma
15 hours ago, XLW said:

With Three Houses coming next year, they have to continue the story. They used characters from the other games, so... 

Haha. About that. The most recent Fire Emblem game is Shadows of Valentia, and it hasn't gotten ANY new Heroes since its debut a year and a half ago.

8 hours ago, Alice Phantasma said:

His 1 moment was better than everything surtr did in book 2 put together.

Surtr was that bad of a character, and I even gave him a chance. Only character really worth the time to go through the chapters was Hellbendi. Hellbendi was actually really good. Laegjarn was alright, kind of too close to Surtr's awfulness but alright otherwise.

Surtr wasn't really a human obstacle--he was more a force of nature. More an abstract concept than a person. Except the writing in Book II sucks ass butt and treated Surtr as if he was supposed to be a regular ol' character with emotions and motives.

And Fjorm is the most passive protagonist I've ever seen. Feel the tragedy as these people you've never met are killed, traumatizing Fjorm so much that she never mentions them again. Feel the suspense as everybody knows who's the traitor in the group, but nobody acts on that knowledge Because. Feel the action as you scurry from one random place you've never heard of to another random place you've never heard of, to complete yet another ancient and sacred ritual you just heard of 30 seconds ago and will never hear of again, which also doesn't end up doing anything at all. And then it's over bye.

Honest question: Was FEH's story written by the same dolts who wrote Fates?

Now to cry that I can't +10 my Arvis because GHB status kcry;

Although, Arvis has it much better than the average GHB unit since he can preform a role, however niche, that no one else can. I want to use Arvis in a Judgral-based team, and I'm currently running Arvis, Sigurd, Quan, and Lewyn; although I'd be happy to know what Judgral units have really good synergy with Arvis if y'all have any insight. 

Edited by Arvis