Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

2 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

NOT Fury. If you see GamePress, let them know that Fury is the single worst skill you could ever put on a defensive unit.

Unfortunately, for budget A-skills that just leaves Blows and Life and Death, so I'm at a loss with my Soren too. Atk/Res Bond is a good one if you have that and aren't afraid to spend it. I wish the developers would focus less on churning out new skills and more on making them available.

How exactly is Soren a defensive unit though?

17 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

How exactly is Soren a defensive unit though?

Both effects of the Wind's Brand reward defensive play, and as a ranged green he'll most likely be your team's Reinhardt check. He also has cheap access to Watersweep if you don't have a dragon check, but this hurts his aggressive plays.

Soren can still be a solid aggressive unit, but then a lot of his potential goes unused. He'd probably be outclassed by Blade tomes and NIno.

Well I use him as my debuffer with the built-in Chill Atk 3 in his tome and an inherited Chill Spd 3 in his B slot. I have Res Ploy 3 in his C slot, but his current IV spread of +Spd/-Res leaves him just shy of 30 Res making Ploy a bit difficult to run effectively. I plan on merging into a +Spd/-Def Soren to bump him up to 34 Res, but need another 19k feathers to do so

I mainly use him for my Greil Mercenaries team of L!Ike/Titania/Oscar/Soren. Titania has Atk/Def/Res Tactics, Soren has Atk/Spd/Res debuffs and Harsh Command, and L!Ike has Panic Ploy. Oscar is the oddball out as I don't have much for him outside of being a Firesweep Lance/Life or Death 3 nuke, so he is more of a placeholder until The Great Gatrie becomes available and I can run him there as my red baiter (assuming he is a blue lance armored unit).

Edited by Surge135
10 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

NOT Fury. If you see GamePress, let them know that Fury is the single worst skill you could ever put on a defensive unit.

Unfortunately, for budget A-skills that just leaves Blows and Life and Death, so I'm at a loss with my Soren too. Atk/Res Bond is a good one if you have that and aren't afraid to spend it. I wish the developers would focus less on churning out new skills and more on making them available.

Agreed, one of my biggest frustrations with the game right now is it's become very stingy with skills. Like I get some of the really strong ones like special spiral and steady/warding breath being a bit rare, but things like the bond and wave skills really shouldn't be as rare as they are. 

21 minutes ago, Igneous42 said:

Agreed, one of my biggest frustrations with the game right now is it's become very stingy with skills. Like I get some of the really strong ones like special spiral and steady/warding breath being a bit rare, but things like the bond and wave skills really shouldn't be as rare as they are. 

Atk/Def Bond is only on Fjorm and the new Summer Tiki; neither are units anyone should be sacrificing.

Atk/Res is on 4 seasonal units; at least 2 don't have any competitors, and 3 have other very rare skills.

Atk/Spd is on 2 seasonals (1 with no competitors, 1 with another exclusive skill), a legend, and a 5*.

... And the other 2 bond skills are each on 1 seasonal. No Stance skill is available outside of 5* exclusives, and nearly all are limited to a single seasonal unit. So even if you do have a few of these skills to spare, they're probably on units too rare and valuable to give up. I have so many unfinished units because of this A-skill shortage. Everything's too rare.

I've been summoning for Brave Veronica and Celica equally, which is why I have summoned Veronica 1 time and Celica 6 times.

Fire Emblem Fates. As predicted, Flora is a red dagger with a Zora-sized text description that amounts to 'fuck distant counter users.' 

Edit: Silas is obvious demote, so let us rejoice that reposition is entering the blue 4* pool and Even Speed 3 is entering the 4* pool. He true MVP of this banner. 

Edited by Arvis

Opheliaflower;! She was who I S ranked in Revalations and one of my favorites from Fates! Definitely going all in for her, glad I saved some orbs. She seems like she'll be pretty good too, sucks that she shares with Silas though, gonna be a bit frustrating to pull for her I'm sure. Gonna have to figure out a team for her, her weapon makes her want to be with other magic users so gonna have to find out how to get the most of that. 

Garon as a GHB is interesting too, I'm assuming he'll be an Armor which means this could be the first F2P armor we've gotten in a while. 

Pretty sure that was his Fates voice actor as well no? 

If I'm understanding Ophelia's tome right I think she will be a pretty awesome AEO attacker. She can have an AOE special charged on turn one, give her savage blow C skill and seal and she's doing a pretty hefty amount of damage right at the start. May not be great for GHB but could be pretty awesome in Arenea/TT. 

This newest batch of heroes has it all!!! More women than men, a gen 1 unit who's about to get 100% powercrept (justified by the new unit being harder to pull?), the obvious one demotion is the only male, AND we have a new powercreeping A-skill superior to nearly every other A-skill ever released!

At least the incoming demotion has valuable skills. Now I just need a reason to pull blue for the first time in 3000 years.

edit: Okay, I'm gonna be in a good mood for a while now. On the last day of the Brave Heroes focus I managed to pull Celica #6 and Veronicas #3 and 4, along with a bonus Hector. I didn't get Ephraim, but does anyone really want yet another green armor? FEH is apologizing to me for the Maribelle debacle in which I summoned Mist with 400 orbs.

Edited by Destiny Hero

I was totally expecting an Axe Armor, but hey a free Red Dragon is cool. Also, his breath is pretty awesome. It doesn't have distant counter but neutralizing "effective against dragons effects" is actually pretty damn good. On top of that, he's looking at 33/32 for defensive stats. Give him distant counter and Quick Riposte seal and he's actually kind of a monster. Probably one of the best GHB we've gotten IMO.