Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

Almost forgot about the Feh Channel tonight.

I'm so excited that Maribelle is finally joining the roster. Less excited to see it's a batch of three women and one man who looks like a woman. The otaku pandering gets more obvious by the day. And Maribelle's staff is just... what? You give up all of those amazing staff debuffs in exchange for... a bizarre status effect that can only hurt her, and provides only a small advantage to certain allies with perfect dream positioning.

Well, at least the summer events lineup is bomb af. Looking forward to the free summons. Maybe they won't all be Jagens.

AND DID I MENTION THE ASKR TRIO FUCKIN FINALLY GETS THEIR REFINES???????? Though they're nowhere near what I expected. Alfonse's +effect is a joke, but the defense refine will go great with his new Brazen effect. I might even give him Steady Breath! Who knows!? Sharena looks like she could pull off some really cool creative sets, with higher consistency then anyone else thanks to her un-buffs. And Anna completely gets the shaft... Not fair at all. But Best Boy is ready for his comeback!!!

I'm mostly excited for Walhart myself. I always liked him in Awakening so good to see him join. Won't even have to spend orbs for him! Still kind of a "meh" FEH channel overall IMO though. Seeing some TT reward units finally return is nice, and the new mode seems... interesting at least? 

Fucking h*ck, datamined stats are up. Walhart is the new Frederick with 53 attack and 40 defense, with +4 all around while fighting without nearby allies.

And Maribelle's stats dethrone Elise as the best healer in the game. +3 attack and +1 speed. Just in time for me to dump 400 orbs on a bait banner's bait banner. Oh well. I'm glad I finally got at least that one merge for my longtime favorite unit--she deserved that much. But I love Maribelle too, and she's got 5000 HM to go.

On the plus side, Maribelle does come with Dazzling Staff. She needs both of her staves replaced, but at least most people won't have to commit too much more.

Edited by Destiny Hero

Is triangle adept staff suppose to make her use the cancel affinity or something? I don't understand why give her that.

I'm glad I'm interested in none of these after how much the summer banner burned me (well libra might be cool but he's probably getting demoted). Walhart will be cool though.

Edited by Alice Fantasma

Maribelle's staff is actually very interesting, it has a lot of potential in helping deal with some of the more preposterous tank builds. Have her attack something like zelgius and then even the strongest builds might not kill blues.

Either way While I'm excited for sumia getting added I think I can safely ignore this banner. I'm glad we're getting a bunch of free orbs, so I can save some up for cyl eventually.

Edited by InXplotch
11 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

Maribelle's staff is actually very interesting, it has a lot of potential in helping deal with some of the more preposterous tank builds. Have her attack something like zelgius and then even the strongest builds might not kill blues.

Either way While I'm excited for sumia getting added I think I can safely ignore this banner. I'm glad we're getting a bunch of free orbs, so I can save some up for cyl eventually.

Thing is, you'd have to hit the enemy with Maribelle, and then get her out of the way, and get the correct ally into position to engage only the correct enemy and no one else. Her skill is never going to work in a realistic setting.

A lot of people are making fun of Alfonse for having his refine grant Triangle Adept, while Triangle Adept is now being treated as a status ailment. Bench boy can never catch a break.

No, you don't need to have the new characters to play Forging Bonds. If you watch the video, you can see that you can play the maps with any characters of your choosing.

The point of the mode is to clear stages repeatedly to accrue points for each of the featured characters, with the ultimate reward being special conversations between them.

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Finally got Loli Summer Tiki!flower;

+HP -Atk.anhero;

Not touching any of the new banners until I get a merge with a better nature.

Feel your pain. Going mad here. Hate hate hate hate hate summoning.

Pokemon Go is doing events with shiny legendary raids. But thanks to FEH all I'm seeing is hours wasted only to get screwed over by the RNG, so instead I've been staying home.

I'm actually decently impressed that Flier Olivia didn't jusy straight up powercreep NY!Azura. They're actually incredibley similar in stats. Olivia's weapon may make her edge out Azura a bit but really they are similar enough that people will choose based on color needs I think. 

Something interesting I've realized about Quick Riposte:

It may seem crazy to make the single most game-defining skill into a seal--but it's a seal BECAUSE it's so overpowered. If Quick Riposte wasn't a seal, then everyone would need to sacrifice their B slot for it. Therefore, without a Quick Riposte seal, non-QR B skills would rarely see use.

You may also have noticed that so many powerful skills being released lately, like Chill, Feint, and Link, are B skills, even though buffs and nerfs are supposed to be A and C skills. This is intentionally to conflict with and nerf Quick Riposte--saying, "If you want these powerful skills, then you may need to give up Quick Riposte." . . . Unfortunately, this will often have the reverse effect of sacrificing the non-QR option.

Anyway, it fits with the way IS has addressed Reinhardt and other hyperaggressive playstyles--rather than errata the source of the problem, the developers gradually change the entire gamestate in such a way which reduces the problem's dominance. I don't find this to be particularly effective, because now we're just juggling a bunch of broken, volatile gamestates, and many solutions create new problems.

On that note, part of the QR seal's purpose was in curbing hyperaggressive playstyles, but in the process QR, Vengeful Fighter, and Steady Breath just flipped which phase those ORKO tactics take place. Explains a lot of the new aggressive player-phase additions to the game, including speedcreeping. All of this considered, it can't be very difficult to predict which trend will come next. I think we'll be getting skills which limit each unit to one attack per combat, thus negating QR and Vengeful Fighter, and speedcreeping if that becomes too problematic with these Wo Dao weapons we've been getting.