Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

1 hour ago, KefkaFFVI said:

to all sigurd fans, I apologize for being on team hardin. At least it wasn't as bad of a burn as it could have been.

To all ike fans... you won a gauntlet already, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Were you on Team Hardin from the beginning, or did you pick him after your previous choice lost?

From the beginning. I pulled for Hardin this week and decided to support his team. 

I guess Marth forgot to bring the lightsphere in round 1. 

Am the only one who sees a cavalry unit they don't recognize automatically assume it's from Judgral? I was actually genuinely surprised when Cecilia showed up in FE6 earlier this week because I assumed she was Judgral. 

Edited by KefkaFFVI

I'm having a lot of fun with Horse Emblem. I was very happy when my cecilia, combined with raven tome and bowbreaker/daggerbreaker (I switch abilities depending on map) was able to take out some colorless threats on infernal maps.

ONe unit, however, my cavalierly brigade has trouble with are dragons. Since my short-term goal is to be able to complete GHB quests, many of which restrict you to a particular unit type, I'd rather have a horse dragon counter. I know fancy Chrom exists, but his low resistance makes me wonder if he's a good dragon counter; even then, I'd rather pool from 3*-4* pool. The only 5* horse I have that I'm not really using is 5* Cordelia, who'll probably just default to 'physical damage lance unit.' Basically, any suggestions for a horse unit that counters dragons?

Edited by KefkaFFVI
42 minutes ago, KefkaFFVI said:

I'm having a lot of fun with Horse Emblem. I was very happy when my cecilia, combined with raven tome and bowbreaker/daggerbreaker (I switch abilities depending on map) was able to take out some colorless threats on infernal maps.

ONe unit, however, my cavalierly brigade has trouble with are dragons. Since my short-term goal is to be able to complete GHB quests, many of which restrict you to a particular unit type, I'd rather have a horse dragon counter. I know fancy Chrom exists, but his low resistance makes me wonder if he's a good dragon counter; even then, I'd rather pool from 3*-4* pool. The only 5* horse I have that I'm not really using is 5* Cordelia, who'll probably just default to 'physical damage lance unit.' Basically, any suggestions for a horse unit that counters dragons?

None in particular exist with your criteria since none can wield falchion. eliwood has decent res and is readily available at 3*-4* so that'll be your best bet, though against tanky red dragons like A!Tiki he'll require assistance from your blue.

Yeah, Dragon counters, in general, are still a bit of a tough spot outside of Infantry units. There is some thought that maybe Titiania's refine will be anti-dragon but the only evidence of that is her weapon being called Draconic Poleaxe and it's only called that in the English translation. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high but we'll be seeing that refinement hit pretty soon so it may be worth holding out on investing super heavily into anyone till we see what her refinement is on the off chance it is a dragon effective weapon.  

I let my hopes rise, that the new Tactics Drill mode might be full of exciting battles with unlikely allies.

Nope, it's the kind of puzzle where you have to make a long series of precisely correct moves, despite not being able to see many moves ahead.

And the next summer event is as predictable as all seasonals. 

New tiki is cute and her weapon is interesting, I might try for her. The others are interesting but I dont think I will try for them. Also the new weapons came out in today's update for neph, titania, and katarina. Neph's actually looks pretty good, being anti-armor and all.

11 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

33d.jpg

I'd like to enjoy things, too.

10 hours ago, Igneous42 said:

Unfortunately, my one disappointment with this update is Titania's weapon is incredibly meh. Built in TA and Res tactics. Not super helpful for people who use her on a Cavalry team.

A triple Tactics dealer sounds like amazing potential. But why Resistance!? Titania wants to be giving that boost, not receiving it. It's like how the developers put Defense Tactic on Legendary Ike and a defense bonus on Legendary Ephraim.

Did anyone else notice that the new Summer Tiki's exclusive Breath doesn't mention the usual Def/Res weak point effect? Either they're making it an implied effect on all Breaths, or they're finally realizing that dragons have rendered nearly all ranged units incapable of defensive play.

Update: It was a text error. Summer's Breath does indeed have four different effects.

Edited by Destiny Hero
1 hour ago, Destiny Hero said:

I'd like to enjoy things, too.

A triple Tactics dealer sounds like amazing potential. But why Resistance!? Titania wants to be giving that boost, not receiving it. It's like how the developers put Defense Tactic on Legendary Ike and a defense bonus on Legendary Ephraim.

Did anyone else notice that the new Summer Tiki's exclusive Breath doesn't mention the usual Def/Res weak point effect? Either they're making it an implied effect on all Breaths, or they're finally realizing that dragons have rendered nearly all ranged units incapable of defensive play.

Tactic skills don't give the user the ability score, it gives the allies that fulfill the requirements of the Tactic skills the boost. So Titania having Atk Tactic in C slot, Res Tactic on her weapon, and Def Tactic as her seal means giving a mixed movement team +6 to Atk, Def, and Res.

8 hours ago, Surge135 said:

Base Camilla

Spring Camilla

New Year's Camilla

Summer Camilla

Yeah, this is "only" Camilla 4 she's hardly the first or alone in having several alts. This same banner brought the fourth character for two other units too in Tiki and Takumi. You could argue that one Tiki is from Shadow Dragon and one is from Awakening as her appearance does change quite a bit, but she is still technically the same person. With that she joins Lyn (who actually has 5), Chrom, Lucina and debatably Robin, Corrin and Tharja. Though I'd personally count male and female Robin and Corrin separately. Hector will be getting his fourth come CYL. 

I'm okay with Camilla's saturation. Her alts have been spread out over the full life of the game, stay faithful to her original design and Camilla Emblem is fairly well-balanced.* Compare that to Takumi and Hector, who are going from 1 to 4 in half a year with the same weapon types.

Ninja Linde on a horse with high attack... that's an alt I can't appreciate. We have way too many frail women with bizarrely high physical strength... not that the reason's a mystery. I wish more alts were based on the characters' actual alternate classes, with statlines that make sense compared to their originals. As it stands, many alts may as well be random characters with their identities swapped around.

*Yes, I am defending a Big Boob Waifu. I actually don't hate all of them!

It was only a matter of time for when Camilla got her fourth playable unit to fill out the Camilla Emblem. So there is no point in me gripping about her getting a third alt over someone else, as it just takes that predictable new Camilla off the table for at least another few months, maybe close to December.

I'm just waiting patiently for some Tellius units to get alts. Tellius altogether has only three alts (Brave Ike, Legendary Ike, and Bridal Sanaki), four if you consider Zelgius to be a Black Knight alt but I don't since it's under a different name. Granted they aren't the ones with the least amount of alts for their games/regions as seen in the spoiler below, but those three that are below or tied with Tellius have a higher base character count (unique characters, no alts) than Tellius, so Tellius in general are lacking in Heroes support along with Magvel though they just got some help with the new Summer banner.

Spoiler

Alts and Total Number of Units per Region:

Arcanea - 5 alts, 35 units total between two stories, avg 17.5 between Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem

Valentia - 1 alt, 18 units total

Jugdral - 2 alts, 22 units total between two stories, avg 11 units between Geneology of the Holy War and Thracia 776

Elibe - 12 alts, 48 units total between two stories, avg 24 units between Binding Blade and Blazing Sword

Magvel - 4 alts, 17 units total

Tellius - 3 alts, 17 units total between two stories, avg 8.5 units between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn

Ylisse - 22 alts, 44 units total

Fates' unamed continent - 20 alts, 58 units total between two stories, avg 29 units between Birthright and Conquest

Edited by Surge135