Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

28 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Got Ninian and Sanaki! flower;

Ninian is +HP -Atk, which is kind of shitty, but she's a dancer anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Sanaki is +Spd -Atk, but Gamepress hasn't written her summary yet, so I can't tell if that's good or not.

That's not very good for sanaki, her base speed is 30 so bumping it to 33 is not fantastic. Her attack and being a green nuker is her main feature, though between her weapon giving +3 atk and the offensive owl tome effect she's still usable. If you can pair her with ward and hone fliers she'll be valuable, since fliers will have an easier time giving her full value off her weapon and her high res does make her a decent enemy or dual phase unit.

43 minutes ago, Chrom said:

There's a line in the game dialogue where Sanaki explicitly refers to herself as a bride. If nothing else the game at least deliberately tries to convey her as one.

not the best decisions.

Yesh so Bride Tharja really is pretty much just a straight upgrade of vanilla Tharja. On stat that vanilla has better is def, which is low enough that it's negligible anyways. Her offensive spread is straight up better. 

Despite saying I didn't think know go hard for anything of these and even being annoyed by Tharja I still spent a bunch trying to get her with nothing to show for it. But oh well if this is the banner where my luck runs out I can live with that. 

There will probably be something I really want from the summer banner/s so might as well start stocking up now. 

Edited by Igneous42
2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

@Chrom Congratulations! Your tweet about Sanakigate is being listed as an "official source" on the YMMV sub-page for the game on TVTropes!

Some editor took it down because they think the arguments made against it are somehow valid, even though they aren't. theydonothing;

53 minutes ago, Alice Fantasma said:

Yeah those lines are gross.

She's fucking 10 in the form they chose for her.

Just the dialogue in the first paralogue chapter is concerning enough. No ten year old girl should/would ever be so pensive and serious about whether she currently makes for a good bride.

All I can hope for is that the backlash finally sets a limit to how far IS will go in exploiting women in general and the whale base. Because at this rate we'll be getting a Summer Nino in Corrin's "outfit", and I'm no longer proud to call myself a Fire Emblem fan. This extreme pandering is costing Fire Emblem its unique identity, and without that there will be no more profits.

Intelligent Systems needs Jesus and balance, in more ways than one.

what frustrates me the most about this is there is a lot of fans of sanaki. I even like her from playing path of radiance and I'm sure there's a ton of them super disappointed that that is the alt they're gonna get for a long time, perhaps the only alt because Sanaki isn't uber popular like lyn or camilla.

Edited by Alice Fantasma

I've only gone through the paralogue, and I would've assumed that she is just playing dress up and rolling along with it like Catria. Basically doesn't a damn about it and would like to leave ASAP. Not familiar with the Radiance titles, but even just hearing how old Sanaki was in the first title, I have to agree they should've chosen someone else to be the "Bridal Waifu"...or "Groom Husbando"...yeah. A ten-year-old dressed up to be in a bridal festival will give out the wrong idea.

In other news, Had about 85 orbs, first summoning session, sniping red for Tharja...dammit Erika (+ATK/-RES)! At least that's the first roll....and she's in her Anamnesis variant since I don't have her (what do you folks call her to quickly tell her and her vanilla form apart?). But finally got Bride Tharja with about 25 orbs to spare. A +ATK/-DEF. Cool.

Edited by avalonknight

I'll be honest I don't get the giant controversy around Sanaki. Like, I half get it, the child bride connotation is a kind of icky but they make clear she's not actually getting married. This is coming from a series where player's self-insert character can "marry" the likes of Lissa, Elise, Sakura, Nowi, Nah, Midori and Nyx in Awakening/'Fates worse. And there are several others not on that list who are still kind of pushing it. Pretty much all those characters slide by on a contrived technicality. Anyone who has watched more than 2 episodes of anime would look at those characters and be like "those are children." Heck, even Lyn is apparently actually 15 in The Blazing Blade and no one seemed to give a shit then, the reason it's "ok" essentially boils down to her art and the fact that she's localized as being 18, which is still kind of silly because it just proves how arbitrary age is in Fire Embelm.

That said, I can definitely agree with the people asking why not LITERALLY ANYONE else from the Tellius games. Is she even that particularly popular? Elencia, Micaih, Nephenee, Mia, and heck even Titania seem more popular than she is and would have caused zero controversy. 

Spent around 200 Orbs and not a single bride to be seen. ._.;

On the bright side, I did get some useful pity breakers, including another Micaiah merge and my first Tana. Also got some useful 4*s, including another L'Arachel and my first Ares.

A bit disappointing, but at least I still have over 200 Orbs left. Going to save for the Legfehst trailer to come out before I decide what I want to do with them.

9 hours ago, Igneous42 said:

I'll be honest I don't get the giant controversy around Sanaki. Like, I half get it, the child bride connotation is a kind of icky but they make clear she's not actually getting married. This is coming from a series where player's self-insert character can "marry" the likes of Lissa, Elise, Sakura, Nowi, Nah, Midori and Nyx in Awakening/'Fates worse. And there are several others not on that list who are still kind of pushing it. Pretty much all those characters slide by on a contrived technicality. Anyone who has watched more than 2 episodes of anime would look at those characters and be like "those are children." Heck, even Lyn is apparently actually 15 in The Blazing Blade and no one seemed to give a shit then, the reason it's "ok" essentially boils down to her art and the fact that she's localized as being 18, which is still kind of silly because it just proves how arbitrary age is in Fire Embelm.

That said, I can definitely agree with the people asking why not LITERALLY ANYONE else from the Tellius games. Is she even that particularly popular? Elencia, Micaih, Nephenee, Mia, and heck even Titania seem more popular than she is and would have caused zero controversy. 

The flimsy-at-best in-game justification is just to save the developer's ass on a technicality. Like how Nowi looks like a child, Nowi acts like a child, Nowi sounds like a child buuuuut oh no she's teeeeechnically a thousand years old so it's okay to sexualize her. Now we have Sanaki, a ten year old in a bridal gown, called a bride, obsessed with being a good bride, buuuut oh wait no there's this one line which technically implies it's just a costume for a festival, so that makes it all totally okay.

It's exactly like a politician saying "We need to stop urban thugs" instead of saying "Get rid of the blacks." They're coding it because they know it's morally wrong. We all know what they meant. We all know that Sanaki is a child bride, deliberately made to pander to pedophilic whales. The image is much more striking than the technical justification in the fine print, and they know that.

All of that, plus forcing underage girls to wed is a real problem that is still happening in the world. Intelligent Systems is trying to make money off of promoting and glorifying a practice of raping young girls. That is a big step beyond simply sexualizing women in general, and it is not in good taste.

So my current arena team is these people, with ana representing the bonus unit, and I need to figure out a mergeable unit to replace myrrh. I probably should use Fae but I'm wondering if theres a better option, since fae seems kinda.... medium compared to tiki and nowi. Nowi is +8 and tiki is +10 and my arena scoring floats somewhere around 716 a round (between 710 and 722 it seems) and I wanna score high enough to stay in tier 20 eventually but it's hard to decide what would be best.

Spoiler

SV7A895.jpg

Edited by InXplotch

The fact I can use my Armor team for these last two Arena seasons means I can FINALLY reach Tier 20 for the first time in this game. It also severely helps that Arena Bonus Units get Tempest Trial boosts in stats when used, so my +5 merged Amelia is more like a +15 merge when used in these last two seasons and it's great. ohyeah;

I woke up a half hour before the last round of Grand Conquests ended... only to find that my team was on track to lose literally every zone on the entire map. So I said screw this and dumped the entire event's stamina to single-handedly flip four zones, three of which were taken back during the final minute.

how the fuck do you people even