Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

So, overall, very pleased with my summoning adventure today. flower;

In the end, I spent 190 Orbs and got 10 5* units: 3 Micaiah, 2 Shigure, 2 Genny, 1 F!Grima, 1 Ephraim, and 1 Lyn. I also, for the very first time, pulled more than one 5* in a single circle. In fact, I got 3!

Ephraim was the most difficult to find, but the one I wanted most, so getting him in my final circle is why I finally stopped when I did. I only ever pulled Blue or Colourless, except during a couple circles when I pulled 5*s after a fair break in between, such as in the above circle when I managed to nab a Lyn after getting both Shigure and Micaiah in one. So, overall, I'd say my plan was a success.

The only real downside is.... natures, as usual. Every single 5* I pulled has a shitty nature, with the best of the bunch being a +Atk/-Spd Micaiah that I'm probably going to make my main merge. Other minor downsides are not pulling any lower rarity units that I was kinda hoping for (L'Arachel, Leon, and Klein) and not nabbing a Halloween Jakob. (Kind of surprised that I ended up with fewer Colourless 5* in general since I definitely pulled more Colourless orbs than I did Blue orbs.)

Regardless, I'm very happy. I have 3 new units to train with Eph, Shigure, and Lyn, some nice merges, and a bit of SI fodder. I'll probably hold onto my spare Genny for future healer builds. With so many Micaiah, I'm thinking of merging her and adding her to my current Arena core, replacing Linde; just need to finalize a good build. I'm actively staying in T19.5 now, so Arena merges are definitely something I need to plan and account for.

At first I wasn't going to roll on the Legendary banner because I didn't want anyone then Chrom had to go and mention that Micaiah has DD3 and I can never have enough of that

Managed to get one and another 3* Reinhardt! Now to figure out who actually NEEDS Distant Defense 3.

After dropping from 100 orbs to 13, here's what I got:

*Pinigo: +Spd, -HP

*Horse Ephraim: +Def, -Res

*Vampire Henry: +HP, -Spd

*Another Vampire Henry: +Def, -Res

*4-star Sheena to complete my +10 merge.

Will keep rolling for Green Lyn once I get more orbs from the monthly quests. In the meantime, that first Henry gives me a free Armor March.

I beat Lyn's Infernal challenge using Legendary Ike (Quick Riposte), Fjorm (Close Defense), Brave Lyn, and Performing Azura (Fury).

Took so many tries. I start off by dancing Ike into Legendary Lyn's pit of despair, but out of range of the lance fliers. Had Brave Lyn finish off the sword guy and Ike retreat. From there I sent Lyn out and up to kill the axe flier, looping back around to snipe the two lance fliers as they encroached on the others. By this time we had a full blockage of enemies on and around the bridges, but with some finessing I managed to snipe two enemies with Lyn, and then switch to Ike and Fjorm for defense. After clearing them out the two armors had us cornered. Fjorm and Azura were each able to take one hit from the lance while Lyn chipped away at him. Then everyone was free to walk away as she finished off the axe.

If you're having trouble, try my strategy: start with Legendary Ike in the heart of the storm, then loop out and around from the starting zone. You have to avoid engaging that damned armor lance until everything else has been taken out. Or, I guess you could use Micaiah and a dancer after Ike works his magic.

I ended up clearing Lyn's Infernal Map with my arena team for this season: Adult TIki, Axura, Micaiah, and Legendary Lyn. Tiki tanked most threats while Lyn and Micaiah sniped shit and Axura helped with 2RKO issues and helping people stay out of range (and also took down a couple Lance Pegs, I think). I had tried a couple different teams earlier in the end, but this ended up being the definite cleanest and easiest win. The biggest issue was mopping shit up while keeping Tiki out of range of the Blue Mage that spawns after a couple turns, since he would just wreck her face.

New update sounds pretty legit! And Camilla prf weapon! Hopefully it's good. Spent a bit on the legendary banner but nothing I feel I really need. Lyn wouldn't be bad but I don't really need her for any of my teams. So trying to save up again for when a character I really want comes around again. I spent a lot of my orbs on the Spring banner but have saved quite a bit since then. 

Just wanted to share this here. I pitted Chrom against Reinhardt in a one-on-one battle on Arena Assault last night, which would have you think the victor would be decided right away just be looking at the names, but lo and behold with the right skills Chrom emerged victorious. I didn't anticipate this happening so when it did I thought it'd be neat to record.

Also yeah this update sounds pretty great!

Askr trio starts at 4*, free Close Counter, dead units keep their experience, Arena chains stop at 5, bonus units get giant stat boosts, all training strata unlocked from the start.

Astounds me how IS continues to find ways to make the bulk of this game even easier.

Anyway, ready with my 5* Corrin pitybreakers and Clair and the mountain of Camillas I can't stop pulling.

Got a decent haul on the legendary banner, have 60ish orbs left for the next banner I want to summon on (really want another Tellius banner soon. When Laguz, IS?).

5* units and their IVs are as followed

-Vampire Henry +Res/-HP

-F!Grima +HP/-Atk (boo...)

-Inigo +Spd/-HP

-Legendary Lyn +Spd/-Def

-Inigo +Atk/-Def

-Legendary Ike +HP/-Res (merged into my free neutral Ike, at +2 now)

-MagEirika +Atk/-HP

So, my arena team this week is a slight adjustment to my Flier team. Elincia/Hinoka/Michalis/Kinshi Hinoka

Giving Hinoka the biggest buff to her attack stats as possible is the main focal point of this team. Hinoka has Hinoka's Spear (+4 Atk/Spd) and Swift Sparrow 2 (+4 Atk/Spd), Michalis and K!Hinoka have Goad Flier (+4 Atk/Spd each) (would have done Hone Flier on K!Hinoka but don't have a fodder for that right now), and K!Hinoka has Warrior Princess (+3 Atk) and Atk Drive 2 seal (+3 Atk). With all of these things, that results in an outstanding +22 Atk/+16 Spd for Hinoka (base 51 Atk/36 Spd) on Player Phase combat. And this can't be Panic Ployed either, so barring any debuffs prior to this, Hinoka sits at 73 Atk/52 Spd when Michalis and K!Hinoka are within two spaces of her. She also has Glimmer, Desperation, and Heavy Blade 3 seal, which means if she is in Desp range, she can proc a Glimmer on an immediate follow-up attack thanks to her 52 Spd (there probably isn't much that can prevent a follow-up attack at that Spd tier) so God forbid you survive the first hit from a 73 Atk hit, then Glimmer will likely help finish you off thanks to the 50% boost in damage.

Super bulky green units with some form of negation of follow-ups (Myhrr w/ Great Flame, Hector w/ Wary Fighter) can handle Hinoka rather easily, but I am super proud when I see Hinoka come up 6 damage shy of picking up a ORKO on LA Hector (51 HP/41 Def) w/o Wary Fighter

Edited by Surge135

Finally managed to beat Infernal Lyn: Lady of the Wind. Required mixing my two flying teams a bit and using Spring Kagero, Airzura, New Year Camilla and Catria. Kagero was the MVP of offense and did the vast majority of the killing, so I'm really glad I decided to invest in her as much as I did. However, she could not have done it without Azura's constant singing and Catria and Camilla's repositioning shinanigans. I also have to give props to my New Years Camilla, I remember initially lamenting getting a -Atk/+Def one, but that +Def has been a savior so many times. It allowed her to take an attack from one of the mounted bowmen and a sword cavalry in the same turn without Iote's shield, she is a damn tank. I was kind of frustrated with this one because it felt kind of cheap but it was still a nice feeling to knock it out. 

@chrom nice! I suppose anything can change. Also, what do you/people use for recording? I know Google Play Games has a built-in function but it leaves an annoying control panel thing on the screen. I've recorded some of my GHBs and such but want to find something to do it cleaner. 

Edited by Igneous42
7 hours ago, Igneous42 said:

@chrom nice! I suppose anything can change. Also, what do you/people use for recording? I know Google Play Games has a built-in function but it leaves an annoying control panel thing on the screen. I've recorded some of my GHBs and such but want to find something to do it cleaner. 

I personally use an app called Mobizen (specifically a version optimized for Samsung devices) to record my videos, it was suggested to me by a friend. You should be able to find it on the Google Play Store. It's free, the ads are tolerable, and it lets you record without any watermark. The only reason why my video quality's not as good as it could be is because my phone isn't that great, so I have to turn the settings down a few notches. For Android devices I highly recommend it.

You'd think someone like Alm would be a spectacular unit. Paired with Delthea mine's got 37 speed and 65 Brave ATK. But he's been total garbage in every game mode. At the end of the day he's just an infantry sword lord.

I'm starting to think there's no such thing as a decent melee infantry without dancing or ranged options. Even Brave Ike has been worthless for me in recent months.

Brave Ike is on my main team. With Quick Reposte 3 seal and Steady Breath he easily handles any blue melee units and green melee units on Enemy Phase with a Bonfire + follow-up attack if the enemy doesn't double attack or a Bonfire + follow-up Bonfire if the enemy does double attack. He also tanks Brave Lyn and if she's not repositioned he easily takes her out on Player Phase with a Bonfire. Yeah, he falls short on magic soak, but that's why I have Ice Mirror Fjorm and Recover+ Mist on the same team as him so he doesn't have to take magic hits and if he does that he can be easily healed back to QR range