Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

21 minutes ago, Igneous42 said:

Vanilla Ike and Legendary Ike is one of the few alts I'm actually a bit salty about. I'm not as anti-alt as a lot of people, but I at least want alts to fill a different niche. Zelgius and LA Hector also annoy me for the same reasons. I don't know what they could have done with Zelgius, but Legendary Ike should have been an armor and LA Hector should have been infantry, that would have helped make them at least somewhat different than their original version. 

Because you're right, really the only reason to use Ike vs LIke is maybe easier merging? But even then Ike hasn't been on that many banners. 

Zelgius could've had an Ashera-blessed version. Or, even better, not have existed. One of the most useless additions in the entire FEH cast--a huge spoiler done effortlessly via repeated art, whose only purpose is to blatantly powercreep a version of HIMSELF released just a few months prior. Oh, and he gained defense by removing his helmet. Like... why?

As for merging, Legendary Ike is easier to get than Vanilla Ike. Case in point, I have four Legendary Ikes.

11 minutes ago, KefkaFFVI said:

Vanilla Ike exists so you can make Soren's dream team of himself and three Ikes.

This is true. I still need to carry out the team I designed, after having pulled Fallen Celica to give Chill Speed to Soren. Brave for defense, Legendary for res, Vanilla for offense/general?

Edited by Destiny Hero

Holy shit, that came out of nowhere.

And they broke the pattern.

To give us another Lyn alt.

At one point in the game, there were so many Lyn alts that you could make an entire team out of every Lyn.

Now there are so many Lyns in the game that you can no longer make an entire team out of every Lyn.

Playing around with the GamePress summon simulator, thinking of what my 300 orbs might get. It's been ages since I've summoned from blue or colorless, but hey...

First sim got me 4 Inigo merges and 3 Lyns. Second got 7, including one of each plus four Celicas. The third run did not pull a 5* until over 300 orbs in. The results have been so wild and erratic--getting up to a 14% pity rate multiple times. Can you imagine dumping 300 orbs into an 8% summon rate without getting a single 5*?

Edited by Destiny Hero

Got pity-broken by Innes going for Kinshi Knight Hinoka, figured I would summon the two greens that were in the circle with the same summon rate and got a F!Kana. So I'm just missing Kinshi Knight Hinoka from this banner now.

This game can be so infuriating! Blargh!

So, the good news is that I have almost 400 Orbs saved up for this Legendary banner tomorrow; 391 to be exact. The other good news is that both other times that I've had metric fucktonnes of Orbs saved up I've had good luck with them.

The bad news is that, now that I've said this, I've jinxed myself and my luck tomorrow is going to be horrible.

Regardless, I've done a lot of thinking and planning, and I think sniping Blue/Colourless is my best bet. My man Legendary Ephraim is the main reason I wanted to save Orbs for this banner in the first place. In terms of the others, I never got Shigure from the PA banner so I wouldn't mind one of him, nor would I mind a better natured Micaiah to merge my current -Def/+Res one into. Similarly, Colourless is mostly hoping for a better merge for my poor -Atk F!Grima, and Halloween Jakob seems fun and I could use a better selection of armours. Genny is the least useful of all six heroes in these colours for me, but nabbing one would let me toss Wrathful Staff onto Lissa for fun or something.

The other colours are less useful for me. For Red, I would really, really love Knoll horse-riding Eirika, but it doesn't seem worth it when I'm not invested at all into the others. I already have both Evil Celica and Legendary Ike, with a spare of the latter as well from the free hero promo thing. I don't really get enough use out of either to warrant a desire for merges. For Green, Halloween Henry would be fun but not very useful, since all my existing good armours are already green, and Inigo would be a wash dupe. Lyn is the most enticing option here, but... I'm torn on whether I even want her or not because I do need a good archer still and she seems pretty powerful and I've always liked Lyn as a character, but like many other players I think she's getting way too many alts so the whole thing is kind of a downer.

If I were spending all ~400 of my Orbs, I might be a bit less careful, but I'm only aiming to spend 200 or so. I want to hold onto some Orbs in hopes that L'Arachel will come back again with the next 4* banner later in May, and Christmas heroes will be back for the end-May Legfehst, and I really want a shot at hopefully getting a Christmas Tharja to aid my Armour Emblem. So, hopefully I can still pull a fair amount of decent stuff with just 200 Orbs, ideally a good Ephraim and F!Grima, and maybe a few other things along the way.

So, yeah, Blue/Colourless except for pulling a full circle if/when I get a 5* with a decent pity percentage, since I might as well make use of it. And stopping at our around 200 Orbs left.

Why did I bother typing this, you may ask? For emotional strength. It's so easy for me to get distracted by shinies and I'm really afraid of just blowing all my Orbs on literally everything, especially if my pulls start going badly (which they will because I jinxed myself, remember?) and I get desperate for something good. It probably seems kind of silly, but rambling out loud like this helps cement my decisions and hold me accountable to them.

Checking in with 314 orbs, 243,000 feathers.

I don't even know what to spend those feathers on. So many of my favorite units are exclusives. I can only think of Niles and Leon, but my Niles has a perfect stat spread of 45/40/40/15/40, and more Leons would require colorless summons.

I despise Reinhardt for shifting the entire metagame toward an abundance of overpowered green units. Especially in 2018, there have rarely been any blue or gray units worth chasing..

Brought home a Micaiah from the legendary banner tonight. Pretty cool since she was one of the other characters I was also hoping to get, though I don't plan on actually using her. Distant Defense, Guard, and Drive Attack are all great skills.