Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

I threw a few orbs at it, got Sonya with a shitty nature. Decided to keep saving. I've done ok lately with saving orbs. As much as there are characters I have who would do well with counters I feel like I don't need any close counters. With the first anniversary of a seasonal coming up I want to have a bit saved up in case there is something I want. If not I may even use what I try to save up for more S!Camilla for merges. 

Wow, props to IS for making the bonus unit a 40%! I've thrown all my orbs at the banner hoping to get either Chrom or Male Morgan but have been unsuccessful. Usually when I see a tempest with the character I failed to pull it's just salt in the wound, but they actually let you earn a 40%. This is a good standard.

For optimal natures, more people need to start thinking about breaking points. I've been doing a lot of calculations trying to decide between a 40+2 neutral or +HP/-R Legendary Ike--how much damage can he survive from two hits? Is it worth losing 2 bulk from double physical attacks for 1 bulk from double magic attacks?

I also got thinking about Bow Lyn a bit. Lyn has 35 HP and 18 DEF, giving her a physical bulk of 53. Even as the meta becomes more and more and more skewed toward higher ATK, there are still a LOT of units that don't reach 53 ATK. At least, in comparison with those sitting at 52, 51, 50, and even 49. Lyn's physical bulk seems like an easy throwaway, but keeping it at 53 rather than 49-50 actually lets her survive a whole lot of failed assaults.

You'd get way more use out of lowering Lyn's resistance. At 28, she can survive a single magic attack up to 63 damage, but will never survive two hits unless they're somehow 45 and weaker. So a RES bane is actually far less harmful to Lyn than the "obvious" HP/DEF. And this goes for just about everyone who isn't built to engage the opposite range--check your breaking points.

So guess which bane my FAVORITE WEBSITE EVER GAMEPRESS says you should put on Bow Lyn, as you slap Fury 3 on all of your walls and pretend Threatens and Ploys are the only C skills in the game.

Given I don't have a unit that can get the 40% bonus, decided to roll some more. Aiming for Female Morgan, ended up with King Chrom...twice...in a row...as in start a session, click a red, start another session, click another red. (Summoned are a neutral and a +HP/-SPD) Dumped around 30-40 orbs total with about 200 remaining...I think I'll wait for the Legendary Banner at this point and see if I still want to try to get Female Morgan or not.

I finally got Hector.   

I almost completed my heroes and bad guys list. 

Heroes:

Marth- Got. 

Alm- No... but maybe I don’t care about getting another Falchion user. Plus, I have mixed feelings of his game.

Celica- Got THAT version.

Seliph and Sigurd- Got. 

Leif- Hasn’t appeared yet. 

Roy- Got. 

The trio from FE7- All now. 

Ephraim and Eirika- Got. 

Ike- Got. 

Michaiah- No... But I did get- 

Vanguard Ike- Duh. 

Chrom and both Robins- Got.  

Lucina- Yes. Almost forgot her.

Corrins, Azura, Ryoma, and Xander- All. 

Villains roster- 

Camus- No... Don’t know if there’s another chance to get him. I did get Michalis, though.

Evil Celica

Got.  

Berkut- Got.

Evil Hardin- Got. 

Arvis- Got.

Travant- Not here.

Zephiel- Yes. 

Nergal- Not here. Though, Ursula is in this game. Haven't got her yet.

Lyon- Yes. 

Black Knight- Yes. 

Oliver- Yes. 

Evil Corrin

- Yes. 

Evil Takumi

Yes. 

Gunter

Yes. 

Xander and Ryoma- Yes.

Edited by XLW

i finally got the normal Takumi, and on my free pull! My free pulls have been seriously nailing it lately.

Has anyone used a set like the following, for any archer?

-Clarisse's Bow

-Close Counter

-Vantage

-Quick Riposte Seal

-Aether + Infantry Pulse Ally

Similar to the common strategy you'd use with Distant Counter weapons, but instead of an A skill you get a ranged debuffing weapon. So your first battle gets a free hit and doubles (three hits total, which should make up for archers' low ATK), and if you get attacked again you have Vantage Aether to dent the opponent and heal to survive their attack.

The result is that you've crippled two enemies and debuffed the whole team's offenses by -5/-5.

Takumi's 33 speed is great for avoiding post-debuff doubles. Corrin's 30 isn't as reliable but can be buffed by allies, and his higher defense makes him a better general CC user. BUT... Leon's in the middle with better attack than both, and can reasonably merge and adjust IVs. So maybe I should build this set onto Leon? It'd finally be a niche use for him. Whatever I do it's a big investment, and I have no prior experience with Close Counter.

Edited by Destiny Hero
46 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

i finally got the normal Takumi, and on my free pull! My free pulls have been seriously nailing it lately.

Has anyone used a set like the following, for any archer?

-Clarisse's Bow

-Close Counter

-Vantage

-Quick Riposte Seal

-Aether + Infantry Pulse Ally

Similar to the common strategy you'd use with Distant Counter weapons, but instead of an A skill you get a ranged debuffing weapon. So your first battle gets a free hit and doubles (three hits total, which should make up for archers' low ATK), and if you get attacked again you have Vantage Aether to dent the opponent and heal to survive their attack.

The result is that you've crippled two enemies and debuffed the whole team's offenses by -5/-5.

Takumi's 33 speed is great for avoiding post-debuff doubles. Corrin's 30 isn't as reliable but can be buffed by allies, and his higher defense makes him a better general CC user. BUT... Leon's in the middle with better attack than both, and can reasonably merge and adjust IVs. So maybe I should build this set onto Leon? It'd finally be a niche use for him. Whatever I do it's a big investment, and I have no prior experience with Close Counter.

why would you use Clarrise bow with close counter instead of guard bow? Why would you use debuff weapons at all? debuff weapons are bad, you want to kill people, not debuff them but let them keep attacking. Smoke skills are good because they cost nothing to run, but when you can run better weapons it's not worth it. that's why things like dark breath are unpopular. Close counter on an archer is best used for someone like Halloween Jakob, who has fantastic defenses and can really take a hit. Give him QR or vengeful fighter and close counter with guard bow and he becomes a force to be reckoned with.

3 minutes ago, InXplotch said:

why would you use Clarrise bow with close counter instead of guard bow? Why would you use debuff weapons at all? debuff weapons are bad, you want to kill people, not debuff them but let them keep attacking. Smoke skills are good because they cost nothing to run, but when you can run better weapons it's not worth it. that's why things like dark breath are unpopular. Close counter on an archer is best used for someone like Halloween Jakob, who has fantastic defenses and can really take a hit. Give him QR or vengeful fighter and close counter with guard bow and he becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Guard Bow only gives Distant Counter. In exchange for just 1 bulk vs ranged foes, Clarisse's Bow gives you 5 bulk against melee foes.

As for calling all debuff weapons bad by default... that is a patently GamePress mindset, where every unit is either independently hyperoffensive or totally worthless. I've gotten amazing mileage out of Smoke Daggers and many other defensive strategies.

And Halloween Jakob I do not have or care for.

2 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Guard Bow only gives Distant Counter. In exchange for just 1 bulk vs ranged foes, Clarisse's Bow gives you 5 bulk against melee foes.

As for calling all debuff weapons bad by default... that is a patently GamePress mindset, where every unit is either independently hyperoffensive or totally worthless. I've gotten amazing mileage out of Smoke Daggers and many other defensive strategies.

And Halloween Jakob I do not have or care for.

Clarrise bow involves you attacking first, and they are not debuffed on the turn you attack, meaning you HAVE to attack a melee unit who cant counterattack, because it is very unlikely that an infantry bow, whose stats are generally on the lower end can survive or do signifgant damage against .

And in regards to units that debuff vs units that kill, yes. I genuinely feel that debuffing weapons are not very fun to use. The reward you get for using those weapons has always felt sub-par to me and I much prefer weapons that either give raw stats or damage rather than require me jumping through hoops for mediocre payoff.

1 minute ago, InXplotch said:

Clarrise bow involves you attacking first, and they are not debuffed on the turn you attack, meaning you HAVE to attack a melee unit who cant counterattack, because it is very unlikely that an infantry bow, whose stats are generally on the lower end can survive or do signifgant damage against .

And in regards to units that debuff vs units that kill, yes. I genuinely feel that debuffing weapons are not very fun to use. The reward you get for using those weapons has always felt sub-par to me and I much prefer weapons that either give raw stats or damage rather than require me jumping through hoops for mediocre payoff.

When you don't have to put everything you've got into maximizing attack and speed, you'll find plenty left for defensive play. Weapon refinements are a great example of this--do you want 2 attack or 4 defense? An offensive ability or 9 extra bulk, 13 over two attacks?

You can even throw staves into the mix, or a healing supporter like Arvis. They're genuinely good. I've found defensive/creative playstyles to be more consistent and engaging than glass cannons, unless you want to resign yourself to point-and-click Reinhardts, armors and manaketes for life.

14 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

When you don't have to put everything you've got into maximizing attack and speed, you'll find plenty left for defensive play. Weapon refinements are a great example of this--do you want 2 attack or 4 defense? An offensive ability or 9 extra bulk, 13 over two attacks?

You can even throw staves into the mix, or a healing supporter like Arvis. They're genuinely good. I've found defensive/creative playstyles to be more consistent and engaging than glass cannons, unless you want to resign yourself to point-and-click Reinhardts, armors and manaketes for life.

I dont see how you can praise defensive playstyles then bemoan armors and manaketes who explicitly play defensively. Also for the record, you never refine for atk, spd is a much better offensive and defensive refine and only costs you 1 point of stats as opposed to two, because boosting speed on already fast units allows them to avoid being doubled which increases their tankiness immensely and also allows them to double some more units, which also improves matchups. 

2 minutes ago, Reilly said:

Looks like we're getting seasonals for the FEH OCs now.  Spring Sharena and Alfonse confirmed for next seasonal banner.

Also, hot damn bunny tiddy ninja.

Also, inb4 Ty rants about Catria.

Whelp Spring is officially my favorite seasonal event so far. Last year gave my Nohr S rank in Camilla, this year is giving me my Hoshido S Rank is Kagero. Best fates girls get seasonals in Spring (Ophelia next year!). RiP my saved Orbs and wallet if those fail. The best part is it go to Alfonse and I'm sitting here like "oh hey, these are neat and people will be happy with the variety but nothing I need to blow my orohmygod its Kagero.