Fire Emblem Heroes

Chrom

This is stupid. People were excited for the results of CYL2 because none of the winners already have variants. And within just a month, all three of the existing characters now have variants.

Ugh.

And the next Legendary Hero is another blue, another lance, and another horse.

Well anyway, can't say he's too much of a terror until we've seen his stats. His doubling effect won't kick in unless a second enemy is within two spaces--within attacking range--of him, so it'll be trickier to activate than I imagined at a glance. If that ranged attacker is a mage he'll probably be in trouble. But then Sturdy Stance is very, very powerful. Ephraim's brace adds Daylight to his special attack, but is that really worth it? I'd imagine you might even get more healing if you swapped out Sol for something damaging.

And of course, he has Fortify Defense and grants defense blessings, even though Ephraim is going to be your team's physical wall. Meaning IS has left a lousy flaw in his design to be powercrept by the next Fire-type. Oh, or you could just pull Shiro as your wall... I have too much dignity for horse teams, so I'll be saving my 250 February orbs.

32 minutes ago, Igneous42 said:

Hope Chrom doesn't mind that I post the vid this time. Can't say I expected Ephraim as the Legendary Fire Hero. Pretty neat, though it is funny that now 3 of the 4 CYL characters have alts. I also have to wonder what Ephraim's Brave variant will be now. I figured his Brave variant is what his Legendary variant turned out to be. I haven't played Sacred Stones, does he use any weapons other than Lance? 

No, but Eirika doesn't wield tomes, either, so…

I'm expecting Brave Ephraim to wield Garm.

6 minutes ago, Reilly said:

No, but Eirika doesn't wield tomes, either, so…

I'm expecting Brave Ephraim to wield Garm.

True, I guess the first set of CYL all kind of made sense or used weapons that their promoted versions in the original game did but the second one doesn't necessarily have to follow that.

Edited by Igneous42

Of the units in this Legendary Banner, the units I dont have yet are Summer Corrin, Shiro, Summer Gaius, Dorcas, and the newest Legendary Hero Ephraim. If I were to prioritize any colors for pulling this banner, its obviously gonna be Blue followed by Green, Colorless, and Red.

Pardon my rambling... but I've just noticed that every text mentioning the validity of blessing bonuses and Legendary Hero elements goes out of its way to avoid connecting any element to any stat boost... Meaning that the boost you get is dependent not on the blessing, but the Legendary Hero.

For instance, our Water-type Fjorm gives allies with Water Blessings +3 speed. But the next Water-type Legendary Hero might give +2 attack, or +4 resistance.

This theory also makes sense of the mismatched elements we currently have--like, why does Fire boost defense? The answer is: Ephraim boosts defense, not Fire.

You know, just in case you thought the Blessing system needed even more stress and regret.

31 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

Pardon my rambling... but I've just noticed that every text mentioning the validity of blessing bonuses and Legendary Hero elements goes out of its way to avoid connecting any element to any stat boost... Meaning that the boost you get is dependent not on the blessing, but the Legendary Hero.

For instance, our Water-type Fjorm gives allies with Water Blessings +3 speed. But the next Water-type Legendary Hero might give +2 attack, or +4 resistance.

This theory also makes sense of the mismatched elements we currently have--like, why does Fire boost defense? The answer is: Ephraim boosts defense, not Fire.

You know, just in case you thought the Blessing system needed even more stress and regret.

You're on the right track. There will almost certainly be other Legendary Heroes of the same elemental type who provide different stat boosts, as suggested by image files hidden within the Hero Rises website which provide all the possible icon combinations.

I just checked my arena score from last week and woah I can't believe I got kicked out of tier 19! I've been riding the wave between 19 and 20 so long that I didn't even bother to check my rank in the final hours. Just a day before I was 3k placements above minimum and now I find that I've been dropped to tier 18. Apparently a minimum of 700pts per battle is no longer sufficient to reach tier 20 T_T It'd be REALLY nice if I didn't keep tossing swords because the score varies wildly between 708 and 690

6 hours ago, Chrom said:

You're on the right track. There will almost certainly be other Legendary Heroes of the same elemental type who provide different stat boosts, as suggested by image files hidden within the Hero Rises website which provide all the possible icon combinations.

Oh man. I hadn't heard about that. I really would not have minded being right.

Well, I guess all we can do is wait for the raging oceans of salt when everyone uses all their water blessings for the new mode, and then IS releases a new water-type Legendary, with a different color and conferring a defensive boost.

7 hours ago, Carl321 said:

I just checked my arena score from last week and woah I can't believe I got kicked out of tier 19! I've been riding the wave between 19 and 20 so long that I didn't even bother to check my rank in the final hours. Just a day before I was 3k placements above minimum and now I find that I've been dropped to tier 18. Apparently a minimum of 700pts per battle is no longer sufficient to reach tier 20 T_T It'd be REALLY nice if I didn't keep tossing swords because the score varies wildly between 708 and 690

blame blessings and the fact that there were tank bonus units. they drive up the average score a lot. I remember the week that fjorm was a bonus unit while also being a water week was just awful.

Lmao three straight summons without a single blue orb. Thanks IS.

Also, has anyone else realized how good of an Enemy Phase wall and special proc'ing nuke BIke is with Bonfire, Steady Breath, and Quick Reposte? The first enemy attack brings special down to 0, Bonfire procs, and if the enemy somehow survives, it can go either two ways:

-the enemy gets their follow-up attack, which brings BIke's special gauge down to 0 again, meaning another Bonfire proc on the QR follow-up, or

-no enemy follow-up attack, in which case BIke gets his QR follow-up and brings his special gauge down to 0 so he can proc Bonfire on his next Player phase attack

Edited by Surge135

I just spent 250 orbs and have nothing to show for it.

Going for Celica, I somehow got pitybroken by Grima TWICE. One is -atk, the other is -s/+r, and neither is useful at all to me because I hate Armor Emblem and already have Chrom and Lissa. Oh, but I did get one red--Ogma, whose disgusting art I had already sent home once before, just so I wouldn't have to look at him anymore.

Furious, I dumped 50 into the Legendary Hero focus so I could pull something good and feel better. Nope. Just a -atk, +hp Shiro. Not that his nature matters because I hate his guts anyway, and at least I can give Defense Tactic to someone who can actually put it to use, Ike.

Highlights include 3 Ogma, 3 Tiki, 3 Seth, 3 Stahl, 3 Draug, and 4 Sophia.

I hate summoning. I hate it so much. This is by far the biggest rush of summons I've ever done, and it's made me hate the game more than I ever have. The usual pattern is that I attempt a big summon, lose my mind and leave the game for a week until IS swoops in with a big update just in time. But I can't even get excited for that--the next update is just making the Blessing system even worse, and leaving us all up to luck in yet another mechanic. Real glad I saved up and stayed up for this.

2 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

I just spent 250 orbs and have nothing to show for it.

Going for Celica, I somehow got pitybroken by Grima TWICE. One is -atk, the other is -s/+r, and neither is useful at all to me because I hate Armor Emblem and already have Chrom and Lissa. Oh, but I did get one red--Ogma, whose disgusting art I had already sent home once before, just so I wouldn't have to look at him anymore.

Furious, I dumped 50 into the Legendary Hero focus so I could pull something good and feel better. Nope. Just a -atk, +hp Shiro. Not that his nature matters because I hate his guts anyway, and at least I can give Defense Tactic to someone who can actually put it to use, Ike.

Highlights include 3 Ogma, 3 Tiki, 3 Seth, 3 Stahl, 3 Draug, and 4 Sophia.

I hate summoning. I hate it so much. This is by far the biggest rush of summons I've ever done, and it's made me hate the game more than I ever have. The usual pattern is that I attempt a big summon, lose my mind and leave the game for a week until IS swoops in with a big update just in time. But I can't even get excited for that--the next update is just making the Blessing system even worse, and leaving us all up to luck in yet another mechanic. Real glad I saved up and stayed up for this.

This is, in short, my experience too. Best thing I got out of the Orbs I saved for today was a shitty nature Brave!Ike that I fed to my A!Tiki for Steady Breath. Just the same shitty 3/4* heroes over and over.

1 minute ago, L'Arachel said:

This is, in short, my experience too. Best thing I got out of the Orbs I saved for today was a shitty nature Brave!Ike that I fed to my A!Tiki for Steady Breath. Just the same shitty 3/4* heroes over and over.

My 3* pool summons were only 30 out of these 55, which is the best ratio I've ever gotten. I've posted a lot about this before, but usually 80 to 90% of my summons are from the 3* pool--once it was literally 95% out of some 50 summons.

FEH has always been a solid crutch for me, because I can dump so much thought into managing my army. Especially after tonight, I needed something to make me as happy and hopeful as summoning Inigo or my first Ike. Got the opposite.

Best thing I got tonight was the free Legendary Ike, whose neutral stats probably make him better than both of mine.

Okay, let's roll! 

5a966e7e3c25f_FireEmblemHeroes_2018-02-28-03-50-30.png.a2ae99f7be06383be4c2ec02f9beafa5.png

The series of sessions (average of two or three summons each) started with Arthur and ended with Gunnthra, finally got her, yay!

Let's see, the stats for...Dorcas (+SPD/-DEF), Legendary Ephraim (+DEF/-HP), Summer Gaius (+SPD/-ATK), Gunnthra (+HP/-SPD). Okay.

...but what does what mean for Fate/Grand Order for me? Will I pull Jeanne Alter when she arrives for her Rate Up? Must pass a lot of that luck over to that game! I know base 5-star rates in Fire Emblem Heroes (6% for Focus and Non-Focus combined or 8% for Legendary Heroes Banners) is a lot better than Fate/Grand Order's (1%), but still, haven't pulled a 5-star in that game since the end of June! *goes a bit crazy*

Edited by avalonknight