Top 10 Hopes for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Will play video later but mine as I think about it:

* formal dungeons reappear

--Didn’t mine the shrine idea form 1, and wouldn't mind a mix

*"better" amiibo hookups....

--last game didn't inspire me to even open mine for the gear.  At least the botw line.

*better thought plan/roll out of dlc

--the dlc that arrived last game came out way too late from launch that most of its "woulda been cool" aspects  gave me no real advantage to use after beating the game already. 

*horses come along quicker

-- I know the game was free roam but for me, the horses took so long to get to that the coolness of their deal was somewhat lost for current purposes. 

*if multiple character plays are in the game I hope they are significant in play time.  I really think playing as Zelda or the champions would be super cool.

* hoping the allusion to playing in the sky, ground, and underground also includes water and is more involved than say the sky islands in ss or small land islands in ww.

*would love the "dark world" treatment like alttp/albw.

*a new hook!  Climbing made botw... flying ss, sailing ww, animal powers tp....  not sure what I would go for but...

I'll edit in more if I think of some...

20 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Pretty what is said here, is in a line with what I would like in Tears of the Kingdom.

Anyone else agree or have more to share as their hopes for Tears of of the Kingdom?

Ok... a thing he and gx got into...

Crafting/cooking/breakable items...

Honestly, I rarely even did any cooking...just ate better with what I had.  But I get gx's point on how "meh" it was and could be improved. 

Crafting/breakable items... I didn't like how fast stuff went out but, I understood it...maybe work with inventory allotment. Crafting/fixing/upgrading gear could be a good way to assist durability and functionality with items and with the cooking already there it's not like the mechanic of searching out items isn't there.  What about rune enhancements?  A good way to handle the blacksmithing or diy...?

Most of his other stuff I either addressed in my own way or don't care.

Now thinking on a personally hope...

Speaking of all the DLC for Zelda has me thinking about that TotK came about when the DLC content for BotW came too ambitious.

With that said when the game releases this May we never know by playing or beating this game what part of this game was gonna be in BotW as the 3rd part of the DLC.

My hope that either the players or years from now the Zelda team points out what content from TotK was gonna be DLC for BotW. I am curious to see what that is

It is always nice to hear tidbits of stuff we may never know till the development team share some inside of what went on making TotK.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Now thinking on a personally hope...

Speaking of all the DLC for Zelda has me thinking about that TotK came about when the DLC content for BotW came too ambitious.

With that said when the game releases this May we never know by playing or beating this game what part of this game was gonna be in BotW as the 3rd part of the DLC.

My hope that either the players or years from now the Zelda team points out what content from TotK was gonna be DLC for BotW. I am curious to see what that is

It is always nice to hear tidbits of stuff we may never know till the development team share some inside of what went on making TotK.

Until  we find out more on the game, I wonder if it was a dark world hard mode...

Continuation of one the hopes of the last video from HMK, this time focusing more on as the title and thumbnail; crafting.

What I found interesting is finding secret recipes weapon craftworks, I actually really like that. Despite that and if we can share these recipes with other players online, I don't think it's gonna happen but it would be nice. Not holding my breath, tho.

Also mentioned in this video, that crafting is already in BotW with the ancient gear and weapons. You know you go to Robbie and provide the material and pay for what you want and quantity. So, despite what I said that I don't think full crafting is coming to TotK, there's already some small part crafting in BotW. Will they expand and add the secret weapons and more stuff with online, who knows?

On 1/7/2023 at 12:00 PM, purple_beard said:

Felt related:

I think it relates well now that I watched it.  Some interesting points. 

This thread is all about hope, let's talk about the other side...despair.

This video below dissects the possible unwarranted worry of Tears of the Kingdom and the keep expectations reasonable and you might be alright. It's okay to hype but hype responsible.

On 1/14/2023 at 9:20 PM, DLurkster said:

Might as well continue what PB started with GX weekly vids of the countdown release of TotK.

i c what they did dere

Delay/May.....Demay.

Welp, as long as these vids are interesting and relates to doubts and hope of this thread to TotK, I will share them here.

That video was close to a Switchforce nothingburger...  I was like "I watched this?" afterwards.   I watched it a few days ago so not when you posted it here.

I seriously doubt they delay it again when they went with a real date.

A continuation piece on the hope video in the OP about where BotW falls in the Zelda timeline.

Don't want to get into where BotW falls, I used to know but because I don't think about often when it comes to Zelda I forgot where I think it falls. If I look at three splits, I might remind myself, where it falls.

But yeah, this just covers if there's a convergence and if it is at the end of the convergence but it actually at the end of all Zelda games regardless of the splits or possible convergence.

Also, Nintendo gone so long not exactly placing where BotW falls so why would they near TotK release change that now? It is brought up in this vid the Zelda team like that their fans speculate where a Zelda game falls. It creates constant conversation, opposite if we were told. Trust convos will be had with a placement but without any the convos will never end.

I don't necessarily like or do not like this (not because I don't speculation, Zelda is sort of exception to me) not knowing where BotW falls but it is what is. So I not gonna put it out there only to to have it dashed and nothing is brought where BotW falls. I am fine not knowing if it means we can have endless conversation about the Zelda timeline BotW. The brighter side if ppl haven't thought about but are so obsessed knowing that can't see anything beyond that and want answers.