Video Games Finished in 2023

EH_STEVE

TMNT Tournament Fighters - SNES - XBX via Cowabunga Collection

TMNT III: Radical Rescue - GB - XBX via Cowabunga Collection

TMNT III: The Manhattan Project - NES - XBX via Cowabunga Collection

Okay, so finishing the third Tournament Fighters, these games only share a name. It's not like comparing Street Fighter II for SNES and Genesis and Arcade, it's like comparing Street Fighter II to Super Street Fighter II to Street Fighter Alpha II. Similar names, massive differences.

Radical Rescue was a pleasant surprise. Had never played it before, and finding out it was basically a Metroidvania was awesome. Boss gauntlet takes some points away, but still loved it.

Only the two Turtles in Time games left. Thought I'd play them back-to-back to better see the similarities. 

4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

TMNT Tournament Fighters - SNES - XBX via Cowabunga Collection

TMNT III: Radical Rescue - GB - XBX via Cowabunga Collection

TMNT III: The Manhattan Project - NES - XBX via Cowabunga Collection

Okay, so finishing the third Tournament Fighters, these games only share a name. It's not like comparing Street Fighter II for SNES and Genesis and Arcade, it's like comparing Street Fighter II to Super Street Fighter II to Street Fighter Alpha II. Similar names, massive differences.

Radical Rescue was a pleasant surprise. Had never played it before, and finding out it was basically a Metroidvania was awesome. Boss gauntlet takes some points away, but still loved it.

Only the two Turtles in Time games left. Thought I'd play them back-to-back to better see the similarities. 

... There's technically Hyperstone Heist, but that game was made because Konami wanted to make a TMNT game for the Genesis without upsetting Nintendo's lawyers. 

5 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

... There's technically Hyperstone Heist, but that game was made because Konami wanted to make a TMNT game for the Genesis without upsetting Nintendo's lawyers. 

How do you mean? I finished that one already, but I'm not sure of this statement.

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

How do you mean? I finished that one already, but I'm not sure of this statement.

Have you not seen how similar Hyperstone Heist and Turtles in Time are? These guys go a little more in detail:  

Around 5:30 is where he talks about HH. Not Triple H, but HH. 

Granted, the latter video was made... 10 years ago... But, the point still stands. Hyperston Heist does feel like a knock-off of the Turtles in Time games. 

I did find it was almost a "Turtles in Time: Junior" but it felt different enough when I was playing it.

Finished both versions of Turtles in Time last night. SNES is my favourite, the extra Technodrome levels and the bosses were better located. Also the sheer amount enemies in the arcade version was hilarious. Though I suppose it IS meant to be 4 player.

TMNT IV: Turtles in Time - SNES - XBX via Cowabunga Collection

TMNT: Turtles in Time - Arcade - XBX via Cowabunga Collection

- In Sound Mind (Switch)
Some good horror ideas here but overshadowed by clunky combat and some truly terrible graphics.

- SUPERHOT (PS5)
Very cool concept, glad I finally got around to trying it. It's the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

- Tunic (Switch)
Really great adventure game that takes the player's journey of exploration and discovery to a whole other level.

- TOEM (PS5)
What an utterly pleasant, cozy little game. The puzzle design all around taking photos isn't bad either—little simple at times, but not bad.

- Minute of Islands (Switch)
I thought this would be more like a point-and-click adventure, but it was really more of a 2D walking simulator. I did like the graphics, and the story/setting was pretty good, but the almost complete lack of gameplay is a shame.

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - I enjoyed Specter of Torment more than Shovel of Hope. The darker tone to the story, the remixes of every stage, the wall jumping and air dashing, the unique relics and that perfect ending that punctuates the entire campaign. Easily my favorite Shovel Knight campaign so far. Granted, I still have to try King of Cards.

1/29- Pokemon Emerald NuzLocke for GBA. 

Unlike my first two Generation look backs, I made Poke'mon Emerald fair game when it came to the rules of Nuzlockes. Like the last two games, I could only use Poke'mon from Gen III, or any evolutions or such that involve Gen III.  

So, with that said, my Hall of Fame team is... 

Jaiden (Blaziken, Level 63) 

Ruby (Flygon, Level 60) 

Danger (Absol, Level 61) 

Dued (Sableye, Level 60) 

Aaron (Aggron, Level 60) 

Pop (SHINY MANETRIC, Level 61) 

A little late to the party but I am participating this year.  First update  involves CotM from the Advance Collection. This is one of my favorites. Sometimes I even like it better than Aria or Symphony. Probably in the minority on that but this has to be one of the best launch titles ever. I still have my original cartridge from the GBA. Got that and a Glacier GBA for Christmas of the launch year. Great times sitting under a lamp lol. 

1. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (Advance Collection-Switch) 2/3/2023

94916689-7549-4038-8853-53FCD1621206.thumb.jpeg.59d2ffbf1d600826538b0a5f231f3f72.jpeg

C: 1

H: 0

PC: 0

O: 0

Edited by Irondog666