What do you think about the Nintendo Switch UI?

Chrom

C3Sx4yUXUAIVC_8.jpg

I've seen mixed opinions on it. I personally think it's alright. It looks like it'll eventually be a pain if you have several games stored on it though, folders would be appreciated. I remember Nichalis sharing a version of the menu with a dark backdrop, so hopefully there can be an option to have themes.

I think it's pretty good. I kinda like the simple look and the big artwork icons for games (I wonder if we can change the size the like on 3DS?). Though, I feel like it looks a bit plan with a solid colored background. They should have made it animated like how the 3DS has an animated background on the top screen of its home menu, or something. Hopefully with the background being so plain and as mentioned above, the dark menu Nichalis showed off before Nintendo wanted them to, this means we will get themes. I really liked having themes on the 3DS. :) 

Edited by alienboyva

Seems fine; I am whelmed. I agree that folders to organize digital titles would be great. As it is it reminds me of PS4's UI which is not great for browsing through your games especially with all of the side stuff like PS Share and Music or whatever cluttering up the queue. This at least looks more streamlined than that.

I think it's simple, which I think is a good thing. I would like to know if the menu can show more games at once, if folders are present and if there will be themes all at the Switch's launch, because those all are current features available at least on one, if not both, of their current systems. Releasing the Switch lacking features present in the current systems wouldn't be a good start.

From what we see here I like that it's simple and clean. I also find it a bit boring, however, in spite of a whimsical aesthetic in the buttons. I'm guessing they plan to make paid themes a thing... Nintendo is big on the nickle and dime stuff these days. Applying my own themes to Vita was fantastic, Xbox One also features this ability, and PS4 partially as well... but I'm sure we'll see nothing but paid themes here.

3 hours ago, Namevah said:

Would it? Has any console launched with folders? PlayStation 4, Wii U, and 3DS didn't, and I can't recall if PlayStation 3 did.

That's the thing: it took a while but they eventually gave it to us. There's no excuse to not have it now that we've established the need for it.

5 hours ago, Carl321 said:

There's no excuse to not have it now that we've established the need for it.

The excuse, I assume, is that creating a custom OS for a game console is quite difficult, so less important features are pushed aside. Besides, it's not that there's a huge need for folders immediately after launch.