Suggestions and To-Do List

Kodiack

Adding to the above, you guys can change your titles after hitting ten posts.

I think we can all agree that the colourfulness of NS2 was always quite inviting, so I'm excited to see what can happen if people are able to choose their own. Additionally, we may not need a ranking system. Right now the only non-staff/non-guest user group is "Member". I'd still like to add a couple of "advanced" user groups, though. For example, after hitting x number of posts you'd get a new user group and might get bold text too, or something.

I don't want to include basic privileges in ranking up, though. The ability to edit posts and use a signature is there right out of the gate, and I don't think there's any reason to change that. If other privileges come through "ranking up", they would probably be for other features to be implemented in the future.

Had about 25 minutes of downtime in the whee hours of the night to cut over some final things, run some updates, and perform a test restore from a backup in the case of disaster. I (intentionally) smacked the server pretty hard. Managed to break the database and then kick it all back into shape. :)

All-in-all, downtime shouldn't have caused any actual disruption, since I timed when it when there was by far the least amount of activity. Pretty darned happy with how we're sitting at the moment and the site should continue running nigh-flawlessly.

With the included module that allows users to easily embed media content into their posts by simply sharing the direct links to them, there's a bit of a design flaw with one of the Facebook post containers.

Basically, if you share a Facebook post that within itself contains only a single image, the background color of the post is transparent as opposed to white, like how it should be with anything else (such as other kinds of Facebook posts, or tweets from Twitter). This creates an issue where the text of the Facebook post becomes difficult to read if the color of the forum theme is similar to the color of the text, which is still fixed to the value of a very dark color.

Not sure if it's just me, but when typing a post everything seems double-spaced (mainly when you hit return/enter). Is it supposed to be like this or are you working to fix this and make it like how it was on the old site? Just wondering, because the formatting is throwing me off a bit.

Just now, Lance's Dragonite said:

Yea I have to adjust my laptop to be able to try to decipher quotes. Second on getting an undo button.

I also meant spoilers instead of quotes, but yeah quotes in the editor are hard to see.

When I get a notification I get that little popup at the bottom of my screen. If someone were to, say, quote me here, I'd click that popup and it'd take me to that post. Upon doing so it does not clear the notification counter on the top of the website, though, and I have to clear that myself. Very low priority.

3 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

When I get a notification I get that little popup at the bottom of my screen. If someone were to, say, quote me here, I'd click that popup and it'd take me to that post. Upon doing so it does not clear the notification counter on the top of the website, though, and I have to clear that myself. Very low priority.

It was like that on NS2 as well..

Can't speak for Kodi but I'm personally doing it for the fun of it mainly. I currently have mixed feelings over whether or not it should be officially adopted because I have a preference for singularity and believe it should be considered to be kept, but also understand this has a lot of appeal to the userbase. So I'm just trying to gauge impressions until something is ultimately decided on.