Suggestions and To-Do List

Kodiack

In the name of transparency, this is a prioritised list of things that need to be done. Check back often for updates. 

Red indicates high priority. Yellow indicates medium priority. Green indicates low priority.

If you feel that something is missing or want to see something made a priority, please share your input here!

• Fix the Twitch block so that online streams are shown as online
  • Optimise mobile viewing so that scrolling is smoother
  • Create a ranking system
  • Potentially allow members to choose their own name colours/styles
  • Make it easier for Pelord and other staff to create content for the site
  • Continue improving post editor functionality and usability

Complete:

• Provide a dark skin
  • Decide on a name (not set in stone)
  • Purchase a domain
  • Bring back emoticons
  • Improve the dark skin (still some work in progress)
  • Install some site mods (still more on the way, however)
  • Increase per-user file storage limit to 128 MB
3 minutes ago, LimeCatMaster said:

Can this also be a "suggestion" thread as well? Because whenever the time for it comes around, I really liked the "Nightfall" skin before. A dark skin more along that color scheme would be really nice.

And, obviously, expanding the forum as more people join.

Yep, this can serve serve as a suggestions thread. Was actually intending for it to be that. Perhaps a title change is in order.

Create a logo [green] (I'll come up with some ideas today with the assumption that we're going with something Nin- based or with the letter N)

get more subforums going [yellow] (Zelda, Pokemon, etc.)

Also I'd like it if posts weren't double-spaced by default [green]

Edited by Carl321

Hey I mentioned this in the Discord but for the sake of knowledge spreading, I'll put my suggestions here too:

I don't know if this is even possible in any way, but some sort of plugin for Discord would be nice, so I don't necessarily have to be on Discord to see the posts happening there. Like a live feed, I guess?

Anyway that would be incredibly low priority, just an idea! Keep up the good work!

more suggestions:

this is more personal preference, but I don't like seeing rep right on our posts
avatars being circles are stylish as hell but if possible having them be square instead would be nice too
is there a way to make the font BOLDER for when a thread has replies? i'm noticing its hard for me to actually tell the difference currently

questions: 

will medals make a return?

5 minutes ago, chickadee said:

more suggestions:

this is more personal preference, but I don't like seeing rep right on our posts
avatars being circles are stylish as hell but if possible having them be square instead would be nice too
is there a way to make the font BOLDER for when a thread has replies? i'm noticing its hard for me to actually tell the difference currently

questions: 

will medals make a return?

Agreed on having a square avatar option.

Edited by Lance's Dragonite

So I don't know the proper term for it but the cursor icon in the full text field is extremely hard to see on the dark skin. They're very similar colors, so I'd be nice if they were a little more different.

3 minutes ago, Iridium said:

they already have one of those here

the notification-enabling prompt

I'm talking about a special one just for Kodiack. It's hooked up to his phone and DEMANDS attention until it's given.

Edited by LimeCatMaster
5 minutes ago, The Guardian Mew said:

I don't know if it's possibly within this framework, or worth the effort, but I really miss traditional friends lists. I know we have a 'follow' feature, but it's just not quite the same, in my opinion. I also support pretty much all of Sarah's suggestions. :P

I miss them too. They just made the site seem friendlier somehow.

On top of circle to square avi, take double spacing away.

Online indicator showing member if they're online, also is the gamertags for what gaming platform you play on coming back for Steam, 3DS, NNID, Xbox, and PSN.

Another thing, the editor box on the dark theme, I can't see the cursor while typing.That just makes it even harder to manage with all the automatic double spacing.