World of Goo, Little Inferno & Human Resource Machine coming to Switch

I bought World of Goo way back in the Wii's early days.  Needless to say I enjoyed the concept of the game but never actually finished it.  It got a lot tougher as time went on and the Wii's internet browser couldn't simultaneously go back and forth between a paused game without having to actually close the game if I wanted to get tips on how to progress forward, so it didn't feel convenient enough to keep repeating that process just to get through a level.  It is a great game though.

I also have Little Inferno on Wii U, and the Wii U browser is fortunately able to go back and forth between a paused game conveniently enough if I wanted answers for different combinations in order to advance further in the story.  I tried to go as much as I could without looking for answers but unfortunately my mind isn't as sharp as I'd like it to be at times so I was more amused with what results would be produced if certain things were burned together than trying to figure out the pun-worthy combinations.  I wanted to see more of the story too, but like World of Goo before it, I never finished it.  Would be willing to try and finish at least that one sometime down the road.  It's one of those games for me that's better played in short bursts because there's not much else to it and the artificial 'wait' in between waiting for your ordered items to be delivered and also the fact the 'combination reaction' only lasts a quick few seconds can be rather annoying all for the sake of sending a consumerist message to the gamer.  I'm all for sending a message to make a point, but when the message is already understood after a few tries of playing around it gets pretty repetitive.  But it is a good game.

Anyway, that's just my two cents on those games.  If I ever manage to get a Switch, I probably won't be purchasing them again but I do recommend them for newcomers.

I don't understand the hype for all these old ports and indie games coming to Switch. I enjoyed World Of Goo and Little Inferno, but I don't think I would buy them again. They definitely aren't system sellers either. Indie games can be cool. They helped fill some of the void 3rd party devs left on WiiU, but they are more icing than cake.

7 hours ago, Shyguy75 said:

I don't understand the hype for all these old ports and indie games coming to Switch. I enjoyed World Of Goo and Little Inferno, but I don't think I would buy them again. They definitely aren't system sellers either. Indie games can be cool. They helped fill some of the void 3rd party devs left on WiiU, but they are more icing than cake.

A well made game can last forever.  World of Goo stood out from other indie games I have played.   Plus currently it is lost in wiiu's wii modes' sd card plot hole.  It's not solid gold but damn close.

15 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

A well made game can last forever.  World of Goo stood out from other indie games I have played.   Plus currently it is lost in wiiu's wii modes' sd card plot hole.  It's not solid gold but damn close.

I actually started playing it again about a month ago.

Not really for myself actually, I'm getting my Nephew through it.
We just finished Ch 2 last week.

I'm trying to get him to learn to problem solve on his own, and to try to teach him the method of just trying things even if you don't know what the answer is.

23 hours ago, Shyguy75 said:

There is no hype for these games, it's just developers trying to cash on two things 1) Switch launch and 2) Switch's near empty launch library.

11 hours ago, CHAINMAILLEKID said:

You say that like its a bad thing.

This is how bad launches become good launches.

Well, then let me know when this meh launch library becomes good cause so far that isn't happening. I don't blame devs for trying to cash in on the Switch launch, it makes financial sense. That still doesn't make up for the fairly empty launch library that Nintendo cobbled together with their software 'partners'.

Edited by Punchy
47 minutes ago, Punchy said:

Well, then let me know when this meh launch library becomes good cause so far that isn't happening. I don't blame devs for trying to cash in on the Switch launch, it makes financial sense. That still doesn't make up for the fairly empty launch library that Nintendo cobbled together with their software 'partners'.

Its a sliding scale.

It doesn't suddenly just BECOME good. *Ding* Here's your gold star w/ certificate.

New games were announced, and the launch got that much better.

For a launch, you want to have games that attract buyers.Thats good.
But you also want games that can keep players busy. On wiis launch, this was excite truck for me.

Now, people aren't going to be driven to buy the switch because of these game.
But gosh darnit, World of goo is amazing, and is exactly the sort of game people needed to keep them happy while they wait for more.

And I think its a pretty significant addition to launch for that reason.

For heavy hitter titles to drive adoption, It could use more of course to help widen its appeal.
But for those it does appeal to, Darn, There sure isn't anything better than Zelda to get them to buy.

Edited by CHAINMAILLEKID
42 minutes ago, CHAINMAILLEKID said:

New games were announced, and the launch got that much better.

These aren't new games. I mean you could stretch that and say they are new for the hardware.

42 minutes ago, CHAINMAILLEKID said:

There sure isn't anything better than Zelda to get them to buy.

Three letters: G T A

Edited by Punchy
17 minutes ago, Punchy said:

These aren't new games.

GTA.

Yes, I'm aware these games have existed previously.
It should already have been ABUNDANTLY clear that I wasn't referring to them as new in that sense.

So that's a null point.

Similarly;

GTA.

I'm talking about the audience that the system already appeals to.

For the Nintendo crowd, I doubt any game could be as big of a system seller besides Zelda.
Only Pokemon I think could do better.

My point being that even though it doesn't have the widest appeal, and that this is where its launch is weakest, its appeal is still very strong within that scope.

Edited by CHAINMAILLEKID
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds like they're having a little trouble trying to make the launch day deadline.

"We hope we can make it! We're still just 3 people, trying to launch 3 games on March 3rd — and it's going to be close,” Tomorrow Corporation’s Kyle Gabler told Polygon. “For reference, the Zelda team has approximately 2.9 billion people and a really fast horse"

Edited by CHAINMAILLEKID