Merry Mountain - N4A Chat Thread - December 2022

Stephen 776

• Chrom pinned this topic

I forgot how much I hate interacting with ISP utilities so much.

Right now, I'm desperately trying to tell them I haven't moved into the apartment please don't send stuff oh god what are you doing. I even got a live agent online and they said "well, your account isn't fully activated so I can't do anything" but they already sent something and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Edit: I feel so sorry for the call center agents I need to talk to everytime an issue like this shows up. Got whatever this parcel is (I have my own modem/router, so I legit no idea what it is) sent to my current address allegedly after having an agent update it for me.

Edited by Stephen 776

Took several hours, but finally got a second Electricitzer from a Elekid last night

bloody hell that was annoying- mainly considering how rare of a spawn it is… and  the chances of it holding one aren’t high either 

Well, figured I could trade one for a Magnarizer since Magby isn’t in BD

Though it doesn’t seem like the two evolutions are in the regional dex… so not sure if I’ll worry about trade evolving those just yet

Just got lucky with getting a Heracross from a Tree - tempted to Shiny Hunt it, but if i spend too long it’ll leave…

Probably should just catch one for now

Still debating on shiny hunting a couple of the gift Pokemon… not sure if Happiny is worth it considering you can’t tell the difference at all

Not sure how early you have access to Dialga and the Lake Trio though 

42 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Well, figured I could trade one for a Magnarizer since Magby isn’t in BD

Though it doesn’t seem like the two evolutions are in the regional dex… so not sure if I’ll worry about trade evolving those just yet

Yeah, a lot of underground mons aren't in the regional pokedex. BDSP is a remake of DP proper, so uses their pokedex; however, some Platinum dex mons are given early access via the underground. Magby and Elekid are two.

Honestly, it's probably easier to use home to import magmartor from another game. PLA especially, since no trade evos.

Edited by Stephen 776
On 12/4/2022 at 11:50 AM, Stephen 776 said:

Yeah, a lot of underground mons aren't in the regional pokedex. BDSP is a remake of DP proper, so uses their pokedex; however, some Platinum dex mons are given early access via the underground. Magby and Elekid are two.

Honestly, it's probably easier to use home to import magmartor from another game. PLA especially, since no trade evos.

Yes, familiar with that -  slightly inconvenient to an extent

Think I’m about 25 away from the National Dex… give or take

I don’t think i have any spare Magmortar to transfer over, but i did transfer a spare Shiny Magmar over some time ago from Go

Though i did look and i do have about 8 spare Magmarizers in Arceus so i could bring Magmar over to that game - I’d still have to do a trade back and then transfer it back to Diamond

Not the most convenient way, but that’s the second best plan I could think of aside from trading for a Magmarizer, anyway 

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

Started Dragon Quest VII on the 3DS, and beginning to realize how much I appreciate the Switch being able to instantly go into sleep mode at the press of a button with no battery penalty.

Man, I wish Dragon Quest IV, V, VIII, and IX get ported to the Switch someday. If the HD-2D Remaster of III is anything to go by, there might be a future for the Switch, even its successor. I thought IV and V were kind of mediocre (because of my Poke'mon tendencies, I have a love-hate relationship with V), and I think VIII is maybe the best (especially because of Akira Toriyama's designs in this game). I have yet to play XI. Though, that's because I had a bitter time with VIII and the memories I had playing it. Or WHEN I played it.     

Been playing Elder Scrolls Blades the past couple of days

It’s definitely different compared to ESV - especially with the whole town building thing

Not sure where I’ll be placing most building though

Though the combat controls took some time getting used to

But I’ve been getting into it- been making some amount of progress on it

every month i check to see if knuckle sandwich is out yet so i can finally make a chat thread again for that specific purpose :v
for some reason it's like the main thing that keeps me thinking about the game and probably the only upcoming release i'm excited about at all nowadays

Took a few days, but finally got another Heracross to pop up

Surprisingly, ended up finding one on two different trees today, so that’s lucky - so that’s another one knocked off the list at least

I’ll soft reset/hunt for a Shiny Heracross later… though hunting for some in Arceus could be easier….

Also looks like i gave a few Dusk/Shiny/Moon Stones in Arceus

I think i have a Razor Claw somewhere  too

Think I’ll bring over Roselia,Mismagius,Murkrow,Clefairy, and Sneasel to Arceus and knock those off

Though I don’t have a Shiny Clefairy, i do have a spare Sneasel i can bring over from Go

Think that will make a small dent in the list at least… i think

Also getting a new Bayonetta Game early next year - that’s an unexpected surprise

Looks really good though - really nice artstyle - looks like it plays differently to the other 3 games, though so that will be interesting 

Also getting Hades II - still haven’t bought or played the first one yet, but that’s cool too