The Paldea Region - N4A Chat Thread - November 2022

EH_STEVE

why do i have to spend my days adulting? I just wanna go back and play Pokemons y;

Anyhow, sofa acquired. It won't be out for delivery until we move in (obviously), but Davy and I found a pretty solid sofa (with chaise)+living room set for about $1000. I'm taking point on all the non-furniture items--cookware, television, and that sort of thing--so the next few days will be scoping out Black Friday deals. Please descend upon me a great deal for a small apartment-friendly cordless vacuum cleaner for hardware floors and carpet ye merchant deities. That said, as Black Friday deals are happening, I've been ordering stuff I need if it's on sale for 30% or more, so it's been exciting to get packages every few days. Another chore I'll probably do today is go through the closet and figure out how many of my old math/science textbooks I have. Not every bookshelf from IKEA can hold their load, and I honestly missed having easy access to my textbooks at my current job--especially my stats and

general physics textbook.

-----------------------------------

oh right, pogeymans,

Honestly? I'm really enjoying Violet. Yes, the game's tech performance is held together by duck tape--it's rarely unplayable and most of the glitches are honestly pretty funny when they happen. Yes, it's an incredibly simplistic open world that isn't anything to write home about, especially considering the former. But Arceus damn it am I having fun. My team is a revolving door but I absolutely adore Quaxly's final evolution--big Pave vibes. My team has just been a revovling door of Pokemon because Gen 9 feels it's really vying for unique or rare type combinations. I tried, and eventually dropped, a fire/grass mon because they were kind of bad, but it's neat that exists. I *think* I've settled on my final party, and just need to level up some of the late editions and late-to-evolve mons, but I can probably finish the story this weekend. Once I finish the story, I'll probably collect the mons and be good there.

Saw that Sonic Frontiers is on sale… but only physical

not sure why the digital version or deluxe isn’t also on sale - weird logic imo

Though I’ve seen colors Ultimate and the deluxe edition of Sonic Origins on sale…

Also been home since noon - I was originally planning on doing it today, but I don’t have the energy to start working on setting up/transferring things over to the oled right now 

Will worry about it in the morning - I’m here until Sunday anyway so still a decent amount of time left for that, but would like to do that sooner than later

Think i properly backed up my Switch Album to my Laptop at least 

In the meantime, I opened up AC for the first time in ages and been littering my island with junk from my second player

Because i gave no idea if i can bring my second player over via island transfer tool, or if I’d need that character connected to a Nintendo account 

Pretty much use if for extra storage for extra items anyway- if i lose the character, not exactly a huge loss to me…

Been working on setting up and transferring things to my new oled this morning 

Currently working on getting save data transferred over and put my new Micro sd card in

Slow process though since i have to transfer one save data at a time…

Then i have to redownload games on top of that

But since I’m on an internet connection it shouldn’t take too long

Also, i really like the Splatoon 3 Joy-Con... look so good

And i haven't played any games yet, but i'm already really loving the kickstand on the Oled

SO much better than that flimsy thing on the original model

Edited by Shadow118

Transferred most of the save data i wanted/needed over and just transferred over my NH Island

seems like i did it correctly, but as i thought, lost my second character/house, but no big deal

Now working on redownloading my games that i want - might take some time though

But it won’t take days considering I’m on an internet connection 

Looks like Sonic Frontiers actually is on sale digitally 

$41.99, for the regular game and Digital Deluxe at $48.99

Still something at least even if it’s not a huge sale price

Sonic Colors Ultimate Digital Deluxe and Sonic Origins Digital Deluxe are on sale for $22.49, so those might be worth picking up

Super Mario Party is on sale for $40 digitally at Best Buy, so think that’s worth picking up since I don’t have it yet

Fire Emblem Warriors also at the same price- been thinking of that one since i played the Demo

Not sure if there’s any other good deals for digital games yet 

Edit: I’ve seen WarioWare Get It Together on sale for $35 digitally at Wallmart, could be a game to consider 

Edited by Shadow118

Still redownloading my games

only 14 more to go to download

Thinking about it, do i need the games or save data on my old console anymore since i have them on my Oled now...?

Still think i'll keep my user data on it as well, might be useful in the future... somehow, but i'm not exactly sure yet

Hm... something im unsure about

Also despite muting/blocking at least two tags, still keep seeing glimpses of Scarlet/Violet spoilers, even to the best of my ability

internally annoyed honestly

Was still planning on buying Violet while i was here regardless since dowloading it would be quicker and easier to do