The Paldea Region - N4A Chat Thread - November 2022

EH_STEVE

Finally beat Sonic Frontiers. 

I enjoyed it. It does have a few problems, but that didn't stop me from liking this game. 

Give me a reason why to hate this/ nitpick this/ dislike this game, and I'd either say why I didn't have a problem with it as much or disagree with. 

Honestly, even if it was satire, videogamedunkey is still responsible for the review bombing of this game. Everyone knows being a fan of modern Sonic games is tricky enough. 

Have a new 512 Micro SD Card,Screen Protector and Protector case for my OLED coming in that I’ll pack to bring with me and take care of transferring and setting up my Oled while im there

Good thing, too - my current Switch has been stuck at a low percentage so battery isn’t holding up too well…

was going to go with a 1TB Micro SD card, but those are…. pretty expensive right now - a 512 is already double of what i have, so hopefully should hold me over for some time - maybe one of these days I’ll get a 1TB, though I’m not sure when that will be

Also going home earlier than originally and being picked up by my dad for a Doctors appointment on Wednesday morning and will be home for 5 Days

Getting one of those Thanksgiving ready to go meals this year, so not going to be doing any heavy cooking/baking for this Thanksgiving 

I suppose that’s a nice change of pace compared past years like usual 

____

Also saw i have some spare Pikachu in Go… maybe I’ll transfer one of those over  to BD

Also one oversight is i spent tine leveling up and evolving my Swinub but i need Ancient Power to evolve 

Which doesn’t learn it by level up…. for some reason. Not sure if it’s a move you can get on Swinub in the Undeground or not, though 

Which is inconvenient and was a bit of a waste of time, somewhat 

Decided to look and at least i have a Mamoswine in Shield that has Ancient Power, so i can easily Breed one so that shouldn’t take too long

Debating if I should breed in Shield for a Shiny or not - wouldn’t mind one, though not high on the list of my most wanted shinies

Been doing pretty good progress on the Sinnoh dex, though - missing some Pokémon you can get from trees, and need to do some trade evolutions… but I’m doing well for what i have access to up to 

Oh. Also need to go back for Drifloon. Still haven’t done that one yet either

Didn’t get to sleep until 3 a.m. today - definitely didn’t get enough sleep last night

Also slipped my mind yesterday, but the full trailer for Sonic Prime was pretty good -  looking forward to that coming out on Netflix next month

Also should organize and clear out more space in Pokémon Home whenever we can link it with S/V…. I’ve transferred a lot from Go out of habit

Though I’m not sure which ones to get rid of and keep…. Have some i want to keep for laughs considering they’re at levels you can’t normally get them at

Some I wouldn’t mind holding onto for Trading

Also started going through looking for HAs - found a few I didn’t realize i had from trades i did in the Home app

I swore i caught a HA Litten from that one event when those were available in Raids… but apparently not considering all of them are Male

Have a few other Male HA Mons, but I’m not sure if they’ll be useful- back in X/Y i believe only Female Mons could pass down a HA - I don’t know if they changed that in later games or not

Apparently I don’t have any Female HAs for the Galar trio - thought i did

Which also makes it tricky to hunt for some that are Male only like Rufflet or Nidoran(M)

So going to have to trade for one of those - didn’t fully realize that i had a small handful of Female HA Pikachu/Meowth/Eevee, so that’s useful 

So going to have to trade and hunt down HAs for some of the starters I don’t have

8 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Have a few other Male HA Mons, but I’m not sure if they’ll be useful- back in X/Y i believe only Female Mons could pass down a HA - I don’t know if they changed that in later games or not

It was gen V that required you have a female; XY and later made it so HA could pass down through a male, albeit through ditto only.

Edited by Stephen 776
14 minutes ago, Stephen 776 said:

It was gen V that required you have a female; XY and later made it so HA could pass down through a male, albeit through ditto only.

Huh

I did not know that.... or i completely forgot

At least it didn't come up last time i was researching that, though that was a few years ago... unless i wasn't digging enough

That's useful info to know

6 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Huh

I did not know that.... or i completely forgot

At least it didn't come up last time i was researching that, though that was a few years ago... unless i wasn't digging enough

That's useful info to know

If you need sauce: https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding#Inheriting_Abilities

Since Generation VI, it is possible for male and gender-unknown Pokémon (such as Magnemite) to pass down their Ability if bred with a Ditto, in which case it has a 60% chance to pass down its Hidden Ability. They cannot pass down a Hidden Ability when bred with any Pokémon other than Ditto. Ditto's Ability is always irrelevant to inheritance.

9 hours ago, Stephen 776 said:

That’s useful info

Sounds like some of the Male HA Pokémon i have will actually be useful if i do decide to do some shiny hunting/breeding 

Did bring all the Pokémon that i had with HAs that i knew of that i had from X to either Moon or Ultra Moon at most some time ago

Especially some that i got from the Dream World that were Male when that was active

Makes me wonder if i overlooked any non duplicate Male HAs in Pokémon Bank…

Sweet - these 3 items came not long ago

Pretty much the 3 items i wanted to have on hand when i set up and transfer things over to the Oled

And while I’m there, should consider getting a repair set up so i can get my left Joy-con in - i think they do free repairs if I’m remembering correctly?

For some reason the L button hasn’t been working for the past few months which is inconvenient- been using my Pro Controller instead

I doubt they’ll swap it out with a different one, but still a worry considering it’s the limited edition Zelda set

Surprisingly and thankfully I haven’t had any Joy-con drift with these since I’ve bought them, at least

22 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Sweet - these 3 items came not long ago

Pretty much the 3 items i wanted to have on hand when i set up and transfer things over to the Oled

And while I’m there, should consider getting a repair set up so i can get my left Joy-con in - i think they do free repairs if I’m remembering correctly?

For some reason the L button hasn’t been working for the past few months which is inconvenient- been using my Pro Controller instead

I doubt they’ll swap it out with a different one, but still a worry considering it’s the limited edition Zelda set

Surprisingly and thankfully I haven’t had any Joy-con drift with these since I’ve bought them, at least

Awesome! I love amfilm screen protectors. They're a good company. 

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Awesome! I love amfilm screen protectors. They're a good company. 

Indeed they are

pretty much my main choice when i got a screen protector for a couple of my phones and Switch different a few different times

So far that brand has been my go to for screen protectors - can’t say I’ve found anything better, though 

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

Indeed they are

pretty much my main choice when i got a screen protector for a couple of my phones and Switch different a few different times

So far that brand has been my go to for screen protectors - can’t say I’ve found anything better, though 

Definitely. Just good quality all around. When/if I'm able to get a backup Switch, I'll be going through them again. 

Went through and completely reorganized my Home boxes for who knows what reason

Still not sure what to do with the majority of these Pokémon- some will be good for trade fodder I suppose 

I’ve accumulated quite a few transferred Mons from Go… way too many for some 

Found a few small handful of HA Pokémon i didn’t realize i had previously- no new ones from the ones i Wonder Boxed

Also reorganized and condensed my Boxes in Shield - so things are a bit more tidy - not sure whether if I’ll get rid of any or outright transfer to Home yet

Also started going after and hopefully getting a Shiny Swinub or two

Mainly need one with Ancient Power to transfer over to Diamond so i can get Mamoswine

But it doesn’t take too long to get Eggs - on top of having the Shiny Charm also have a Flame Body Talonflame, so the process goes pretty quickly

Also didn’t realize that you could send eggs straight to the box - that’s useful and a nice QoL feature