The Paldea Region - N4A Chat Thread - November 2022

EH_STEVE

Davy and I put our first application for an apartment.

We've also been looking at furniture, and two things:

• Wtf is it so hard to find a reasonable priced dining set for two?
  • Why are futons and sofas so so expensive?

But we have an idea how to furnish the room otherwise, assuming our application is approved (no idea why it wouldn't be).

Though I’m close to beating the main story of Arceus, think I’ll go back to and continue and possibly finish off Brilliant Diamond first 

Already continued from where i left off in Veilstone and up to Celestic Town

So I’ve made progress since the last time i played a couple months ago

Wasn’t sure on my luck on finding either,  but transferred over a Shiny Zubat and Gible along with a Abra just because 

Turns out the guide I've been following for P5R was in the process of being re-written, so that as of the beginning of October, several of my Confidants are mis-matched. anhero;

But at this rate, fuck it. As long as I can progress all of them to the point where they send me after a target in Mementos, I can wipe them all out in a single trip and finish the social links afterwards.

20 hours ago, Stephen 776 said:

Davy and I put our first application for an apartment.

We've also been looking at furniture, and two things:

• Wtf is it so hard to find a reasonable priced dining set for two?
  • Why are futons and sofas so so expensive?

But we have an idea how to furnish the room otherwise, assuming our application is approved (no idea why it wouldn't be).

Update: application approved. Davy and I will have our own place on 12/27 (soonest opening was 12/20).

Also update: think found a good dinner table for us on Amazon. Sadly, the quest for an affordable sofa continues. hidingkong;

1 hour ago, Stephen 776 said:

Update: application approved. Davy and I will have our own place on 12/27 (soonest opening was 12/20).

Also update: think found a good dinner table for us on Amazon. Sadly, the quest for an affordable sofa continues. hidingkong;

What's your definition of "affordable"?

6 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

What's your definition of "affordable"?

Depends. We have money saved up, but like, when $1000-$2000 is the typical price that isn't affordable.

Once we're getting down to the $400-$600 price range, it might be worth considering, depending how comfy it is.

Edited by Stephen 776

(good) furniture options in canada are surprisingly sparse, it seems like 80% of the country is still stuck in the 90s when it comes to decor which is really drab 

i'd spend 1000 bucks on a couch if it meant having something that looked like it was actually made this century but instead ugly ass sectionals are like 2 grand at the least and thus everyone buys one of the same 15 couches from ikea 

Up to Snowpoint City

I do have the ability to get the Riolu egg… 

Tempting to try and Shiny hunt for it.. doesn’t seem like it’s Shiny locked as far as i can tell (seems like you can shiny hunt for it in the original games, too)

Not exactly the best method for doing that… Youtube videos aren’t exactly the most helpful considering there really aren’t many people that seemed to have done or doing that

hm…

Started lightly snowing out this morning

That’s the first time for this season - I don’t think it’s cold enough to stick, though

Looks like it’s going to warm up somewhat in the next week and doesn’t look like it’s going to snow again so far

Though, I suppose there’s a chance that could change

Going over the list of version exclusives on Serebii, i think I’ve transferred over all SP exclusives over to DP by now aside from the Pearl exclusive  Legendaries

Turns out doing Double battles with Riley in Iron Island is pretty good for exp leveling up - gotten a nice handful of Pokédex entries knocked off 

I’ve come and gone from Iron Island before finishing to get a few Pokémon I didn’t have yet to work on evolving

Trade evolutions might be tricky to get Dex entries since I don’t have many to trade with 

Been making nice progress so far

Also transferred over a Japanese Ditto i found in my Pokémon Bank to DP - that will be useful for Breeding if i go for any Shinies

Which possibly could take longer since I don’t have the Shiny Charm yet

Speaking of that, would like to get my hands on more Female Pokémon HAs for more Pokémon - especially the Sinnoh starters (and starters I don’t have in general) - I always could use more of those 

Can’t remember what i have and don’t have atm, but i do have some HAs in a few different games between the 3DS-Switch

its been surprisingly warm for winter here so far; it didn't start snowing til november, and even when i go out i don't even need to be wearing 2 sweaters?? sometimes i don't even need my scarf?!

makes it very pleasant considering by the time i get off work to walk home the sun has been long gone flower; 

9 hours ago, Spring said:

its been surprisingly warm for winter here so far; it didn't start snowing til november, and even when i go out i don't even need to be wearing 2 sweaters?? sometimes i don't even need my scarf?!

makes it very pleasant considering by the time i get off work to walk home the sun has been long gone flower; 

Looks like it’s going to be in the 30°s the rest of the week here but warming up to the 40°s-50° next Monday-Friday

So nice that it’s going to warm up again for a bit, if the forecast sticks… though i can imagine the possibility of it getting colder again after that..

Went into the Grand Underground to nab the lucky egg last night - think that might help with leveling up… i think?

Found an area with Munchlax as a rare spawn… took several tries but was able to catch one - was a pain in the ass to catch because it kept breaking out of the ball… eventually caught it with a Timer Ball, though 

After a few tries to steal a few leftovers with Murkrow, finally encountered a Female Munchlax… which somehow caught on the second Ball - nice to have considering it’s less common to come across than the Male one

I don’t get catch rate logic sometimes

But found the second Dawn Stone since i had Surf… though i think I’d like to get a Shiny Male Ralts and Shiny Female Snorunt first… (granted, there doesn’t seem to be much difference between Froslass…)

Also looks like Eevee is only encounterable only after getting the National Dex… I’m tempted of just going ahead and bringing one over - not exactly sure if I’ll get the Dex entry though….