The Paldea Region - N4A Chat Thread - November 2022

EH_STEVE

1 minute ago, Chrom said:

Thanks for always asking about it. I'd love to see it but I honestly don't think I could personally manage it this year! Like Ty said I've been busy being out of the country and by the time things would get back to normal for me to run it effectively I think it'd be cutting it too close for comfort. So while I'm sorry to say probably not this year, I'd like to host it again another time. ;)

Possible solution:

Everybody DM me their address and I'll buy them all copies of Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. directly. Cut out the middleman!

16 minutes ago, Spring said:

id like to thank all the hackers and leakers out there who dumped all the new pokemon effectively convincing me to buy sonic frontiers instead bc these creatures are mad ugly god bless

I just want to see the three starters final evos without spoiling anything else. Too scared to look for it though.

Last week i was looking through the Pokédex I completely forgot to work on the research tasks for Cyndaquil and Oshawott and the middle stage evolutions too

Though it’s not Shiny, i do have a Rowlet i can work on, at least

_____

Tackled the the last two Lords yesterday, and the dodging/throwing balm phase was more difficult than the battle phase - was originally just wanting to get access to Braviary

Though i was quite a bit overlevelled… which is a bit of an unintentional habit of mine - i always think they would end up being way stronger and higher level but end up 10-20 or more levels above opponents 

Granted, it’s not an Arceus only thing, seems to be something I’ve done in multiple games in the past

Avalugg especially took a few tries due to me mistiming doges - at least you can keep the gauge progress which is helpful 

And bloody hell he was huge

But, uh….

Not sure how I managed to glitch out the audio at the end

Also got to the point and the game definitely took a turn I wasn’t expecting… that turn definitely caught me off guard 

12 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I just want to see the three starters final evos without spoiling anything else. Too scared to look for it though.

there's no good pics of Quaxly's from in-game but i found this pic on twitter for you which is just a drawn version of all of them

POKEMON S/V STARTER SPOILERS 

Spoiler

FhI1NJGXkAE4Pml?format=jpg&name=large

meowscarada, skeledirge, and quaquaval

1 minute ago, Spring said:

there's no good pics of Quaxly's from in-game but i found this pic on twitter for you which is just a drawn version of all of them

POKEMON S/V STARTER SPOILERS 

Hide contents

FhI1NJGXkAE4Pml?format=jpg&name=large

meowscarada, skeledirge, and quaquaval

Spoiler

Oh boy, Tuxedo Mask Cat, Grumpy Pinata, and Water Blaziken

I am utterly baffled at Sonic Frontiers. If it wasn’t for the abysmal boost turning and steering, the camera (maybe the worst controllable one in any video game I’ve experienced so far), and a few technical glitches, and possibly it’s weird pop in, this would’ve been a perfect game. 

But despite that… it might be my favorite 3D Sonic game since ironically Sonic Colors Ultimate? More on that in a later review.

Here’s hoping my problems get patched.  

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

sonic frontiers is a lot of fun! flower; the voice acting is stellar and the characters are loveable and the gameplay is fun

that said, literally what in the god damn lmfao the graphics are so bad on switch it doesn't even look like its FINISHED

i don't really think they were ready to make a game of this scale, bc the 'traditional' sonic levels all look pretty great comparatively but the second you're back in the world its like it all falls apart!

Yeah, the Switch port is definitely “there”. Even in docked mode. 

That said, is it me or does something seem off about Sonic’s physics? Like he’s able to say f u to some hills, but can’t for some others? Then there’s his speed and momentum. They also haven’t fixed his boost turning and steering speed.  

By the way, yes, this game also brings back nostalgic levels, but in interesting bite sized ways? I don’t know how to feel about them, because they’re not too offensive. For the most part.  

But, this is maybe the most engaging Sonic story since maybe SA2? I mean, I also like Sonic Colors Ultimate’s simple story, but they really tried this time, continuity or whatever be darned.  

Also, like I said, Bug’s fishing game is great. It’s not too deep, but I’d take this over… THAT. *stares at SA1* 

I have mixed feelings of Sonic Frontiers. There are a few things wrong with it, but it might be one of the most concise Sonic 3D outings in a long time. To me, the best Sonic 3D platformers are this, Colors Ultimate, and maybe Generations. As much as people try to defend it, I can’t stand most of SA2, except for maybe the music and corny presentation. I refuse to play SA1 because of Big. At least they somehow got Big right in Sonic Frontiers, of all things.