New releases thread

A place to discuss upcoming or just released Nintendo games. Can be First, Second and Third party releases.

We have some big games coming to Switch like Persona 5 Royal and also Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope. Reviews have come in for both and are stellar. I just recently got Royal last week as an early release (snagged from eBay :wink:) and I'm also getting Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope as well. Bayonetta 3 coming near the end of the month but with recent news I can see some are backing out or keep on trucking. In my case I can't back out as I have been hyped for the third entry.

I plan on getting Persona 5 Royal at some point.  Just had a lot of RPGs to power through this year.  Still gotta finish off SMTV, just finished up Xenoblade 3 and still have Persona 5 Strikers and I got that last Christmas!  I also plan on picking up Bayo 3 when it launches too.

Just... so many games!

I would like to get all those Nintendo Switch game this month but I can only afford one those titles and it is one I've been waiting for a while to come to Switch tho, it's been out to get on Playstation but really wanted an hope it comes to Switch. It's no other than Persona 5 Royal (I decided to make this purchase special and went and got the steelbook version, cost the same as the standard game so why not. Should come tomorrow the earliest or Monday the latest. Will post how the steelbook looks here)

Despite that title out for years, it what made sense to get this month over Sparks of Hope was a close 2nd to get but I want to get the DLC with that game with Rayman so cost wise that was no for now. And I love the Bayonetta series but like Sparks of Hope, I will get eventually down the road. I just hope to have a lot fun with Persona 5 Royal!

On 10/20/2022 at 6:20 PM, Kezay said:

I plan on getting Persona 5 Royal at some point.  Just had a lot of RPGs to power through this year.  Still gotta finish off SMTV, just finished up Xenoblade 3 and still have Persona 5 Strikers and I got that last Christmas!  I also plan on picking up Bayo 3 when it launches too.

Just... so many games!

I went ahead and got Persona 5 Royal.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:17 PM, DLurkster said:

My Persona 5 Royal Steelcase for Switch arrived today!

Reveal hidden contents

IQQpuHM.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

4c3cTlP.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

nNCunQn.jpg

I initially ordered the Steel Case version with the delivery date being the 25th but on Monday the date changed to sometime in November. So I cancelled it and got the standard version which arrived today.

Other than the inside of the steel case, it probably wasn't worth it.

I do plan on getting Sonic Frontiers and Pokemon Scarlet when they release. Gotta spend money on games I'll have no time to play!

1 hour ago, TKrazyO said:

I went ahead and got Persona 5 Royal.

I initially ordered the Steel Case version with the delivery date being the 25th but on Monday the date changed to sometime in November. So I cancelled it and got the standard version which arrived today.

Other than the inside of the steel case, it probably wasn't worth it.

I do plan on getting Sonic Frontiers and Pokemon Scarlet when they release. Gotta spend money on games I'll have no time to play!

I don't blame you going standard outside how the steelcase looks inside. What is great as I mentioned the steelcase and standard versions are priced the same, guess I was fortunate by BBY to get the game the day of, maybe?

Just like Bayo 3, I will get Sonic Frontiers down the road. I care but I also don't care about backlog, it is what is and if all of sudden I want to change or shake up my gameplay, I can always start a game I've been meaning to play if that sidetrack the game I was playing for a while so be it. (but it rarely happens, if it a game I am looking forward, I tend to finish one game like to another like FE: Warriors Three Hope to XC 3 this year, no minor or another big game between 2 big titles) In the case like this month I chose to get Persona 5 Royal, I can only afford one game a month. Next month is easy, outside of checking out Sonic Frontiers on PS5, this is the first time since gen 5 Pokemon, I've really looking forward to playing a mainline Pokemon game and that is Pokemon Scarlet. I've had my up and down of hype but this is hype I haven't felt in a while for mainline Pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...