Nintendo Association Football (Soccer) League

Welcome to the home of Nintendo Association Football! 

Started as a spin-off of the Nintendo Baseball League in 2010, this RP is similar to the NBL, except that instead of baseball, we're playing soccer.  Thusly, this RP handles a bit differently from the NBL but is in many ways the same.  Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to take charge of one of the Nintendo Universe's 99 national teams.  You'll act as team manager, piloting them through a domestic league season.  If your record is good enough at the end of the season, its on to the Nintendo Confederations Cup, where you'll play for all the marbles. 

If you want to play, simply name any of the 95 teams listed below that you would like to claim, and I will send you that team's roster and team scouting report.  The matches are played once a week on either Saturday or Sunday, with the exception of the opening matchday.

Groups for 2019 NAFA Season:

Group A: (Mario)

Mushroom Kingdom

Yoshi's Island

Valley of Bowser

Star Continent

Subcon

Sarasaland

Rogueport Island

Isle Delfino

Group B: (Zelda)

Hyrule

Termina

Great Sea

Great Sky

Koholint

Labrynna

Lorule

Great Plateau

Group C: (Tourney Fighters)

Earth SF

Mega Village

Outworld

Ultratech Lands

Ostreinsburg

Clayland

Metro City

Arms

Group D: (Epic & Adventures)

Gondwanaland

Pandora Mana

Bionis

Alrest

Destiny Islands

Chomaikamura

Saint Eva

Castlevania

Group E: (Space & Future)

Corneria

Venom

Sauria

Zebes

Inkopolis

Distant Planet

Mute City

Port Town

Group F: (Old School Nintendo + Sega)

ACDC Town

Skyworld

Icicle Mountain

Little States

Golden Forest

Popstar

Green Hill Zone

Dole Floors

Group G: (FPS / Survival / Justice)

LA Court - claimed by XLW

Khurain

Raccoon City

Shadow Moses Island

Gotham

Shield

MI6

Vigrid

Group H: (The Misfits)

Disney

Tatooine

Earthdbz

Golden Forest

Orange Star

Guitarworld

Layton London

Group I: (RPGs)

Eagleland

Epoch

Spira

Weyard

Sylvealla

Spiegelspire

Mardias

Group J: (Pokémon)

Kanto

Johto

Hoenn

Sinnoh

Unova

Kalos

Alola

Group K: (Military & Strategy)

Tellius

Archanea

Valentia

Valla

Magvel

Ylisse

Group L: (Rareware)

Kongo Jungle

Northern Kremisphere

Isle O Hags

Timber Island

Goldwood

Carrington

Group M: (Animal Crossing)

Animal Village

Normaluchi Village

Jockpeppy Village

Smugsnooty Village

Crazylazy Village

Cranky Village

Edited by Triforcemaster3

Space for the League Schedule and the Standings

2017 NAFA Season Format:

In domestic season play, each team will play each team in their group/league twice, once home and once away.  Thusly, there will be 14 weeks in the regular season.  At the conclusion of 14 matchdays, the winners of each league will qualify automatically for the Nintendo Confederations Cup.  The teams that finish 2nd in each group will advance to the last chance playoff tournament.  In the end, 16 of the 99 teams will qualify. 

2017 Nintendo Confederations Cup Finals:

Once there, the qualified teams will play a FIFA-style tournament, with a 3-game group stage, with the top 2 teams in each group of 4 reaching the quarterfinals.  From there, it is single elimination knockout play through the Final, where a champion is crowned. 

2017 NAFA Schedule:

January 21 - Matchday 1

January 28 - Matchday 2

February 4 - Matchday 3

February 18 - Matchday 4

February 25 - Matchday 5

March 5 - Matchday 6

March 11 - Matchday 7

March 25 - Matchday 8

April 1 - Matchday 9

April 8 - Matchday 10

April 22 - Matchday 11

April 29 - Matchday 12

May 6 - Matchday 13

May 13 - Matchday 14

May 20 - Last Chance Playoffs Semifinals

May 27 - Last Chance Playoffs Finals

June 10 - Opening of Nintendo Confederations Cup 2017

Sarasaland National Team Roster:

Starting XI:

GK - Tatanga

LB - Pionpi

CB - Dragonzamasu

CB - Hiyohoi

RB - Mekabon

LM - Tokotoko

CM - Roketon

RM - Totomesu

LF - Daisy

CF - Waluigi

RF - Wario

Bench: (manager can add up to 9 more if from home country - roster limit is 23)

DEF - Suu

DEF - Bunbun

MID - Gao

Edit: I haven't finalized the schedule just yet in terms of who's playing who all the way through on what weeks, but I can confirm that your opening fixture this Saturday will be home against Subcon.

OK.

The Sarasaland Soccer Federation announced that thanks in large part to the surprisingly quick work, Sarasaland National Stadium in the Chai Kimgdom has been tabbed to host the opening match as a way to help open the new stadium. Officials also stated that despite the National Stadium name, it is not hosting all home matches, preferring to maintain the rotation with the other three stadiums in the other kingdoms to ensure all 4 kingdoms host some of the matches.

Despite popular belief and opinion, XLW will be managing Valla here.

He said, "I want to spice up things now. And because the minors in the NBL are their own entity until promotion and relegation, I'll help Koholint in the championship league, and Castelia in the reserve league. As for Khura'in, I hope you do well without me helping you. My faith in your future burns bright, and I wish you all luck."

38 minutes ago, Triforcemaster3 said:

The interesting part of that announcement is that you said all 4 kingdoms and not just 3.  We knew previously that Birabuto Pyramid Park and Easton's Moai Park would host matches this season.  Sounds like Chai wasn't the only sub-kingdom in Sarasaland with a facility being worked on.  What does Muda have up it's sleeve Fuzzer?

I thought Muda hosted some of the home games. Better take a look.

Edit: Upon hearing about the reports of Muda Kingdom having hosted prior matches, representatives for that sub-kingdom quickly denounced such reports meaning the SSF quickly clarified their statement from yesterday saying there will only be 3 kingdoms hosting the event.

A Federation official said to reporters, quote, "we knew Muda may have hosted some of the games but with the info from the last NWC cycle seemingly lost for good, it's hard to know for sure."

Edited by Fuzzer1

Schedule for Matchday 1: (January 21)

Mushroom Kingdom at Yoshi's Island - Watermelon Stadium, Yoshi's Island

Valley of Bowser at Star Continent - Moleville Mountain Park, Moleville

Subcon at Sarasaland - National Stadium, Chai Kingdom

Rogueport Island at Isle Delfino - Pianta Park, Delfino Plaza

Ocarina Hyrule at Termina - Four Giants Stadium, Clock Town

Twilight Hyrule at Great Sea - Valoo Park, Dragon Roost Island

Great Sky at Koholint - Wind Fish National Stadium, Mabe Village

Labrynna at Lorule - Lorule National Stadium, Lorule

Earthsf East at Earthsf West - Estadio Maracana, Rio de Janiero

Mega Village at Outworld - The Stadium at the Pit, Outworld

Ultratech Lands at Ostreinsburg - Ostreinsburg Castle Grounds, Ostreinsburg

Clayland at Metro City - Abigail Bay Stadium, Metro City

Eagleland at Epoch - Hanging Gardens Stadium, Babylon

Spira at Weyard - Golden Sun Park, Weyard

Sylvarant at Tethealla - Symphonia Stadium, Tethealla

Spiegelspire at Mardias - Mirsa Stadium, Mardias

Gondwanaland at Pandora Mana - Pandora Park, Pandora Mana

Destiny Islands at Bionis - Xenoblade National Stadium, Bionis

Chomaikamura at Dream Forest - Rayman National Stadium, Dream Forest

Saint Eva at Castlevania - Belmont National Stadium, Castlevania

Kongo Jungle at Krem Co. - Stadium of the Toyz, Frantic Factory

Northern Kremisphere at Spiral Mountain - Wozza Stadium, Freezeezy Peak

Isle O Hags at Timber Island - Star City Stadium, Future Fun Land

Goldwood at Carrington - Assassin Park, Carrington

Corneria at Venom - Andross National Stadium, Venom

Sauria at Zebes - Brinstar Dome, Zebes

Tallon at Distant Planet - Weeds Field, Distant Planet

Mute City at Port Town - Port Town Stadium, Port Town

ACDC Town at Skyworld - Palutena Park, Skyworld

Icicle Mountain at Little States - Pilotwings National Stadium, Little States

Popstar at Halfmoon - Computer Virus Stadium, Halfmoon

Green Hill Zone at Dole Floors - Monkey Mall Park, Dole Floors

Disney Europe at Disney Africasia - Simba Stadium, The Pridelands

Disney Americas at Tatooine - Han Solo Memorial Stadium, Tatooine

Earthdbz at Golden Forest - Twilight Park, Twilight City

SSX at Guitarworld - Nissan Stadium, Nashville

LA Court at Khurain - Dragon Park, Khurain

Raccoon City at Shadow Moses Island - Foxhound Park, Shadow Moses Island

Gotham at MI6 - London Olympic Stadium, London

Tellius at Archanea - Prince Marth National Stadium, Archanea

Valentia at Valla - Sibling Stadium, Valla

Magvel at Ylisse - Shepherd Stadium, Ylisse

Kanto at Johto - 24 Karat Memorial Stadium, Goldenrod City

Hoenn at Sinnoh - Blizzard Bowl, Snowpoint City

Unova at Kalos - Stadium of Light, Lumoise City

Animal Village at Normaluchi Village - New Leaf Soccer Complex, Smashville

Jockpeppy Village at Smugsnooty Village - Animal Crossing Training Grounds, Smashville

Crazylazy Village at Cranky Village - Genis Species Park, Smashville

Alright,  our first battle will be against Valentina, who apparently will get a remake in the future. We were the cool kids before they came, so... yeah, let's do this!  

BLITZ AND BARRICADE! 

Valla:  

Sat's lineup:  

G Azura

LW Leo

RW Takumi 

SS Ryoma

CF Xander  

LM Elise

RM Sakura 

CM Corrin

RWB Hinoka 

LWB Camilla

SW Kaze

Bench:  

RWB Shigure

RW Kigari

LWB Forrest 

LW Fuga

SW Izana

AM Gunter  

DM Yukimura

LM Siegbert

RM Shiro

RB Flora

LB Felicia

CB Jakob 

(Go out when you find trouble.)

NSN National Television matches for Matchday 1 (January 21):

Subcon at Sarasaland - National Stadium, Chai Kingdom

Ocarina Hyrule at Termina - Four Giants Stadium, Clock Town

Earthsf East at Earthsf West - Estadio Maracana, Rio de Janiero

Corneria at Venom - Andross National Stadium, Venom

Green Hill Zone at Dole Floors - Monkey Mall Park, Dole Floors

Disney Europe at Disney Africasia - Simba Stadium, The Pridelands

Gotham at MI6 - London Olympic Stadium, London

Valentia at Valla - Sibling Stadium, Valla

With so many matches in this season format (48 each matchday), the general plan will be to have 20 matches played in the late morning/early afternoon time window, 20 more matches in the late afternoon time window, and then the 8 national games will be played in prime time.

OK guys, I am officially now on the same side with you with our first match at the new National Stasium in the Chai Kingdom of Sarasaland against Subcon on Saturday night.

As the Animal Village manager when we faced each other last NWC cycle we faced each other 3 times, Animal Village winning 2 of the matches. And of course we all know the heavily publicized romance between me and Daisy that got off the ground in our first matchup way back on November 21, 2015.

But now that is behind us. Now we can go get that spot against our fellow Mario teams and do our best because it won't be easy. There's only 1 automatic spot in Group A and that's to win it. A 2nd place finish puts us in the playoffs and when I was Animal Village manager, we didn't need to go to the playoffs.

Now let's go get that with with MAXINUM FLOWER POWER!!!

(Formation: 4-3-3)

Starting XI:

GK - Tatanga

LB - Pionpi

CB - Dragonzamasu

CB - Hiyohoi

RB - Mekabon

LM - Tokotoko

CM - Roketon

RM - Totomesu

LF - Daisy

CF - Waluigi

RF - Wario

Bench: 

GK- Yurarin Boo

DEF - Suu

DEF - Bunbun

MID - Gao

MID- Bomb Koopa

MID- Goombo

Edited by Fuzzer1

Triforcemaster sat down with the media in Clock Town Friday afternoon.

Reporter: So the new NAFA season is upon us.  What are your expectations for this season?

Tm3: This is going to be a really interesting year.  The fact that for the first time they've centralized the leagues by franchise, much like what you see in the human world, that is really going to appeal to a lot of players and fans. 

Reporter: Do you think the NAFA will keep this format for the 2018 season heading into the next Nintendo World Cup?

Tm3: I think it's too early to say, but there are 2 phases in WC qualifying so they might keep this format for Round 1 next year.  I'm guessing the hexagonal round/Round 2 probably won't change.  There was a lot of positive reaction to how that phase was run in 2016 so I'm guessing that will stay.  But who knows.  All I know is that we have 14 games ahead of us and all against other LoZ opposition.  It's going to be a lot of fun.

Reporter: What do you think of the opposition you'll face?

Tm3: Well first off, I think there's a ton of talent in this league.  There's not a bad team in the bunch.  Perhaps Lorule is expected to not do well, but I'm sure their citizens are thrilled to be playing in the big leagues now, and their side will do their best to do well.  Labrynna is going to be stronger now that they have effectively merged with Holodrum.  And then you've got Ocarina, Twilight, Great Sky, Great Sea, a bunch of heavy hitters in there that have made world cups before and done well in those tournaments.  It's really going to be a dogfight to see who wins the league.

Reporter: Your first matchup is against Ocarina Hyrule tomorrow night.  What are your thoughts going into the match?

Tm3: This is a matchup that people here in Termina have wanted to see for a long time.  I just spoke to Sheikahprincess yesterday and she admitted to me that her heart is racing for this fixture.  These two countries are so closely linked with one another, and we did play them in a friendly prior to the 2016 Nintendo World Cup, but this is the first time we've faced Ocarina in a competitive match.  Our stadium is going to be rocking, and I'm sure there will be a determined Hyrulian minority in the away end making tons of noise too.  

Reporter: You and Sheikahprincess know each other extremely well.  Do you think this game coaching-wise will be about out-thinking the opposition or will it simply be a case of who executes better on the pitch?

Tm3: I gotta believe that she's got her players whipping up a training ground move or two for free kicks or corners.  I've told my players that they must be vigilant on these plays and stay focused.  Beyond that, it's just a case of playing our game.  They have some real giants playing in central defense with Ganondorf and Darunia so we can't give away cheap fouls in the offensive end or we're likely going to pay.  With Darmani and Igos Du Ikana in our central defense we have the chance to give them a dose of their own medicine though.  Beyond that, it's probably going to come down to which midfield group controls possession better and which attackers are more clinicial in finishing their chances.

Reporter: It's well known that you and Princess Zelda are an item.  With Zelda playing for the opposition tomorrow night, how do you think you'll handle that?

Tm3: I'm sure that we'll be together at some point during warm-ups, maybe doing the whole picture taking thing with the crowd and all that.  But once the teams come out of the tunnel and it's go time, she's just another opponent for the next 90 minutes.  Obviously I hope she doesn't get hurt or anything like that, heck I don't want to see anybody get injured, but believe me, Kafei and Romani will be getting after her in the central midfield for sure, and if she gets forward, Odolwa, Darmi, and Igos are going to do what they have to do to win the ball back.

Reporter: There was an article circulating in the Hyrulian tabloids this week saying that you might propose marriage to Zelda in the reverse fixture in late March.  Is there any truth to that?

Tm3: I can't comment on that.  I do know many of my Hyrulian brethren have some vivid imaginations.  For now, I'm just concerned about getting the 3 points tomorrow night. 

Reporter: Tm3 thank you for your time and good luck tomorrow.

Fuzzer sat down with the media in Sarasaland in advance of the match in Chai Kingdom tomorrow against Subcon:

Reporter: This is the first time that you and Daisy will be on the same team now that you're Sarasaland's team manager. What does that mean to you?

Fuzzer: It means that she and I can spend more time together and not have any time apart from one another. And from a managerial standpoint it means that I don't have to think "how can I beat her and her team" anymore so that's nice.

Reporter: In the previous NWC cycle when you were with Animal Village you had three matches against her team with the first one having huge implications in the first round of qualifying being in the same group and the other two being friendly matches. In each match we saw a huge progression of the romance between you two from when you initially defended her to today. Are you proud of that?

Fuzzer: Absoloutely. She's beautiful and not many men can say that they have Daisy as their significant other and I can. The fact that you brought up me defending her as the first thing that happened makes it important because none of this would've happened if I didn't defend her.

Reporter: On a different note, all the matches are confined to the Mario realm meaning you will have to face Mushroom Kingdom twice as well as the other countries. Is it nice to not worry about really long travel distances for road matches?

Fuzzer: It is nice because despite the Super Mario Galaxy games we haven't needed to play a team in space that would be in the Mario realm so yeah.

Reporter: The reports regarding TM3 and Zelda possibly marrying has caused such a buzz in the tabloids in Hyrule. Are there any definitive plans to marry Daisy yet?

Fuzzer: We still are fine being together in our current relationship state and while I have talked to her about it, we aren't in any rush to get hitched.

Reporter: Thank you for your time.

Edited by Fuzzer1

Results following early window matches - Matchday 1

Mushroom Kingdom at Yoshi's Island - Watermelon Stadium, Yoshi's Island - 1pm Eastern

Valley of Bowser at Star Continent - Moleville Mountain Park, Moleville - 1pm Eastern

Subcon at Sarasaland - National Stadium, Chai Kingdom - 6pm Eastern

Rogueport Island 1-2 Isle Delfino - Pianta Park, Delfino Plaza

Fawful 19'

Monty Mole 57'

Professor E Gadd 78'

Ocarina Hyrule at Termina - Four Giants Stadium, Clock Town - 6pm Eastern

Twilight Hyrule - Great Sea - Valoo Park, Dragon Roost Island - 1pm Eastern

Great Sky 1-1 Koholint - Wind Fish National Stadium, Mabe Village

Ghirahim 49'

Marin 56'

Labrynna 2-0 Lorule - Lorule National Stadium, Lorule

Veran 45'

Ralph 59'

Earthsf East at Earthsf West - Estadio Maracana, Rio de Janiero - 6pm Eastern

Mega Village 0-4 Outworld - The Stadium at the Pit, Outworld

Sub Zero 11', 34'

Raiden 55'

Liu Kang 81'

Ultratech Lands 0-1 Ostreinsburg - Ostreinsburg Castle Grounds, Ostreinsburg

Yoshimitsu 72'(pen)

Clayland 2-1 Metro City - Abigail Bay Stadium, Metro City

Bad Mr Frosty 31'

Edi.E 44'

Ickybod Clay 65'(pen)

Eagleland 2-2 Epoch - Hanging Gardens Stadium, Babylon

Ness 8', 62'(pen)

Frog 40'

Chrono 87'

Spira 2-0 Weyard - Golden Sun Park, Weyard

Yuffie Kisaragi 23'

Aerith Gainsborough 72'

Sylvarant 0-2 Tethealla - Symphonia Stadium, Tethealla

Emil 81'

Marta 90+3'

Spiegelspire 0-3 Mardias - Mirsa Stadium, Mardias

Elore 10'

Nisa 44'

Mirsa 82'(pen)

Gondwanaland at Pandora Mana - Pandora Park, Pandora Mana - 1pm Eastern

Destiny Islands at Bionis - Xenoblade National Stadium, Bionis - 1pm Eastern

Chomaikamura 0-1 Dream Forest - Rayman National Stadium, Dream Forest

Rayman - 45+2'

Saint Eva 0-2 Castlevania - Belmont National Stadium, Castlevania

Simon Belmont 12', 70'

Kongo Jungle at Krem Co. - Stadium of the Toyz, Frantic Factory - 1pm Eastern

Northern Kremisphere at Spiral Mountain - Wozza Stadium, Freezeezy Peak - 1pm Eastern

Isle O Hags at Timber Island - Star City Stadium, Future Fun Land - 1pm Eastern

Goldwood 0-0 Carrington - Assassin Park, Carrington

Corneria at Venom - Andross National Stadium, Venom - 6pm Eastern

Sauria at Zebes - Brinstar Dome, Zebes - 1pm Eastern

Tallon at Distant Planet - Weeds Field, Distant Planet - 1pm Eastern

Mute City 1-1 Port Town - Port Town Stadium, Port Town

Captain Falcon 24'

Samurai Goroh 43'

ACDC Town at Skyworld - Palutena Park, Skyworld - 1pm Eastern

Icicle Mountain 0-4 Little States - Pilotwings National Stadium, Little States

Hawk 33'

Ibis 54'

Goose 71'

Lark 88'

Popstar at Halfmoon - Computer Virus Stadium, Halfmoon - 1pm Eastern

Green Hill Zone at Dole Floors - Monkey Mall Park, Dole Floors - 6pm Eastern

Disney Europe at Disney Africasia - Simba Stadium, The Pridelands - 6pm Eastern

Disney Americas at Tatooine - Han Solo Memorial Stadium, Tatooine - 1pm Eastern

Earthdbz 2-2 Golden Forest - Twilight Park, Twilight City

Android 18 40'

Goku 59'

Kensuke Kimachi 64'

Akari Hayami 82'

SSX 0-0 Guitarworld - Nissan Stadium, Nashville

LA Court at Khurain - Dragon Park, Khurain - 1pm Eastern

Raccoon City at Shadow Moses Island - Foxhound Park, Shadow Moses Island - 1pm Eastern

Gotham at MI6 - London Olympic Stadium, London - 1pm Eastern

Tellius at Archanea - Prince Marth National Stadium, Archanea - 1pm Eastern

Valentia at Valla - Sibling Stadium, Valla - 6pm Eastern

Magvel 0-2 Ylisse - Shepherd Stadium, Ylisse

Chrom 14'(pen)

Lucina 54'

Kanto at Johto - 24 Karat Memorial Stadium, Goldenrod City - 1pm Eastern

Hoenn at Sinnoh - Blizzard Bowl, Snowpoint City - 1pm Eastern

Unova 0-0 Kalos - Stadium of Light, Lumoise City

Animal Village at Normaluchi Village - New Leaf Soccer Complex, Smashville - 1pm Eastern

Jockpeppy Village at Smugsnooty Village - Animal Crossing Training Grounds, Smashville 1pm Eastern

Crazylazy Village 0-0 Cranky Village - Genis Species Park, Smashville

A meeting with Fuzzer, Daisy and Sarasaland Soccer Federation officials earlier today went well with many of the executives throwing their support with the new manager... most of them that is.

One exec ended up finding himself fired for making false statements at the new manager claiming that he "only went to Sarasaland and had his relationship with Daisy in order to have an affair with another women," a charge both Fuzzer and Daisy vehemently disagree with.

The exec then claimed that he was in cahoots with the military to replicate the Lille Loftwing Disaster except with modern jet fighters in order to bomb the stadium saying that "Chai Kingdom doesn't need this stadium. It has to be demolished by brute force."

Miltary officials slammed the Federation official's statement saying in a statement "what he said is wrong and for us to attack innocent citizens and players is not who we are. We are asking the SSF to terminate him for such false statements immediately."

Not only did the rogue exec get sacked from his position, he was also arrested for making false threats using the military as a weapon per info released by the Sarasaland Royal Police Department.

"I would never come here just to cause trouble and hurt the girl I love," Fuzzer told reporters. "That guy was on an mission to destroy what I've accomplished before I had a chance to do anything with some preemptive attack and he's now paying the price for it."