Nintendo Association Football (Soccer) League

Termina Football Federation has announced their first friendly match to be played amid the playoff qualifying matches

On Sunday 6/25 Termina will host defending world champion Kanto at Four Giants Stadium.  This will be a real test for a Termina side that claims to be a real contender in the upcoming Confederations Cup.  Kanto's form this year has stayed very solid as they cruised to the Group L title.

TFF is yet to announce their opponent on Wednesday 6/28, but they did say that the game will be on the road, likely at one of the group winners that just clinched last night.  That means teams like Venom, Tethealla, Ylisse, or Sarasaland could be in the mix

The Sarasaland Soccer Federation announced a home and home friendly series with Green Hill Zone with the matches set as follows:

6/25: National Stadium, Chai Kingdom

6/28: Green Hill Zone Stadium, Green Hill Zone

Federation officials stated that if the team was to do friendly matches during the playoffs if Group A was theirs, they would want to face a quality opponent and Green Hill Zone, with their near perfect run in group play was at the top of the list of potential opponents for obvious reasons.

Edited by Fuzzer1

Termina Football Federation is now confirming that their 2nd friendly on 6/28 will be played at Shepherd Stadium against Ylisse.  The Group K champions have a very solid defense and 2 great goal scorers in Chrom and Lucina, and will definitely be a solid test for Termina.  The Ylissean stadium isn't considered overly hostile by NAFA standards but playing on the road will bring some needed adversity to the match as well.

On 6/17/2017 at 3:50 PM, Triforcemaster3 said:

NAFA 2017 Season Final Standings

Group A (Mario)

Sarasaland - 29 pts - champion

Mushroom Kingdom - 27 pts - playoffs

Yoshi's Island - 27 pts

Valley of Bowser - 26 pts

Subcon - 23 pts

Star Continent - 14 pts

Isle Delfino - 6 pts

Rogueport Island - 6 pts

Group B (Zelda)

Termina - 29 pts - champion

Twilight Hyrule - 27 pts - playoffs

Ocarina Hyrule - 26 pts

Labrynna - 24 pts

Great Sky - 22 pts

Great Sea - 17 pts

Koholint - 6 pts

Lorule - 5 pts

Group C (Tourney Fighters)

Earthsf East - 34 pts - champion

Ostreinsburg - 27 pts - playoffs

Earthsf West - 26 pts

Outworld - 25 pts

Clayland - 22 pts

Ultratech Lands - 9 pts

Metro City - 9 pts

Mega Village - 1 pt

Group D (RPGs) 

Tethealla - 30 pts - champion

Epoch - 28 pts - playoffs

Spira - 25 pts

Eagleland - 22 pts

Mardias - 16 pts

Sylvarant - 16 pts

Weyard - 10 pts

Speigelspire - 2 pts

Group E (Epic Adventures)

Destiny Islands - 32 pts - champion

Pandora Mana - 31 pts - playoffs

Gondwanaland - 29 pts

Saint Eva - 22 pts

Bionis - 19 pts

Castlevania - 9 pts

Dream Forest - 8 pts

Chomaikamura - 3 pts

Group F (Rareware)

Kongo Jungle - 29 pts - champion

Isle O Hags - 28 pts - playoffs

Timber Island - 26 pts

Spiral Mountain - 25 pts

Northern Kremisphere - 19 pts

Goldwood - 18 pts

Carrington - 11 pts

Krem Co - 1 pt

Group G (Space n Future)

Venom - 29 pts - champion

Corneria - 28 pts - playoffs

Mute City - 25 pts

Distant Planet - 25 pts

Zebes - 22 pts

Sauria - 19 pts

Port Town - 6 pts

Tallon - 1 pt

Group H (Old School)

Green Hill Zone - 39 pts - champion

Popstar - 31 pts - runner up

ACDC Town - 26 pts

Little States - 20 pts

Skyworld - 19 pts

Dole Floors - 12 pts

Icicle Mountain - 7 pts

Halfmoon - 1 pt

Group I (Disney n The Outcasts)

Disney Europe - 35 pts - champion

Earthdbz - 29 pts - playoffs

Tatooine - 27 pts

Disney Africasia - 25 pts

Disney Americas - 18 pts

Golden Forest - 18 pts

SSX - 2 pts

Guitarworld - 2 pts

Group J (Heroes n Antiheroes)

Raccoon City - 25 pts - champion

MI6 - 24 pts - playoffs

Gotham - 22 pts

LA Court - 21 pts

Khurain - 17 pts

Shadow Moses - 8 pts

Lost Lands - 2 pts

Group K (Fire Emblem)

Ylisse - 23 pts - champion

Valla - 23 pts - playoffs

Tellius - 21 pts

Archanea - 20 pts

Orange Star - 14 pts

Valentia - 14 pts

Magvel - 0 pts

Group L (Pokémon)

Kanto - 31 pts - champion

Hoenn - 22 pts - playoffs

Sinnoh - 19 pts

Johto - 15 pts

Alola - 13 pts

Unova - 11 pts

Kalos - 7 pts

Group M (Animal Crossing)

Normaluchi Village - 24 pts - champion

Animal Village - 23 pts - playoffs

Jockpeppy Village - 21 pts

Crazylazy Village - 6 pts

Smugsnooty Village - 5 pts

Cranky Village - 3 pts

Ranking of 2nd place teams:

Animal Village - 2.3 ppg

Popstar - 2.21 ppg

Pandora Mana - 2.21 ppg

Earthdbz - 2.07

Corneria - 2 ppg

MI6 - 2 ppg

Epoch - 2 ppg

Isle O Hags - 2 ppg

Mushroom Kingdom - 1.93 ppg

Twilight Hyrule - 1.93 ppg

Ostreinsburg - 1.93 ppg

Valla - 1.92 ppg

Hoenn - 1.83 ppg

As the worst team by ppg, Hoenn has been eliminated.  The other 12 teams have been placed into 3-team pots for the playoff draw.  Ppg ties were broken based on past performance from the 2014 and 2016 cycles (similar to UEFA coefficient and/or FIFA rankings)

NAFA Confederations Cup 2nd place playoffs draw:

The teams were numbered 1-12 based on their ppg rankings.  Each tournament will feature a team from 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12.

random # sequence -

1, 5, 7, 10

3, 4, 9, 12

2, 6, 8, 11

Tournament 1:

Animal Village

Twilight Hyrule

Corneria

Epoch

Tournament 2:

Pandora Mana

Valla

Earthdbz

Mushroom Kingdom

Tournament 3:

Popstar 

Ostreinsburg

MI6

Isle O Hags

Gamecast schedule for Sunday 6/25:

Sarasaland vs Green Hill Zone - Chai National Stadium, Sarasaland

Termina vs Kanto - Four Giants Stadium, Clock Town

Animal Village vs Twilight Hyrule - Genis Species Park, Smashville

Corneria vs Epoch - Great Fox Field, Corneria City

Pandora Mana vs Valla - Potos Village Stadium, Pandora Mana

Earthdbz vs Mushroom Kingdom - Spirit Bomb Stadium, Earthdbz

Popstar vs Ostreinsburg - Halberd Coliseum, Dream Land

MI6 vs Isle O Hags - Wembley Stadium, London

A victory parade was held in Chai Kingdom in Sarasaland earlier today to celebrate that country's Group A victory last night attended by many cheering fans along the parade route ending at Chai National Stadium where a large rally was held in the stadium.

"No matter what happens," Princess Daisy told the cheering crowd "this trophy is ours to keep and we are proud of our accomplishment," in which she hoisted the Group A trophy high in the sky above her head to cheers from the fans.

Variuos companies that have sponsored Sarasaland also took time to pose with the trophy too in the celebration.

It was announced that the trophy initially will stay in National Stadium in a temporary exhibit until the end of June after which the trophy will go to a display case in the main lobby of the Sarasaland Soccer Federation's headquarters that will be on permanent display for visitors to see.

Edited by Fuzzer1

Fuzzer pointed out earlier today his surprise at Hoenn being eliminated from the playoffs without kicking a ball, and social media has been blowing up ever since one prominent invidual cried fowl, err, foul this evening.

"I'm a chicken, so I know chickenshit when I see it." Blaziken said.  "And this is chickenshit.  What, we didn't score as many points as the other 2nd place teams so we're out?  Even when some teams got to play two more games than we did?  I'm sorry.  I don't care if points per game is the metric used by UEFA...NAFA didn't have to resort to such a cop out.  We have 4 weeks until the start of the tournament, there should be an equitable solution.  Damn, it's like they forgot there were 13 groups instead of 12 and they just threw up their hands and said well crap somebody has to be out.  I'll be damned if that's how our season ends."

Hoenn Football Federation has filed suit, alleging wrongdoing on the part of the NAFA in not allowing them to participate.  The case was filed in Blaziken's hometown of Mauville City...where it will likely be moved to another area of the Pokémon world and heard quickly by a three judge panel, who could conceivably place an injunction to stop the playoff tournament until Hoenn is place within.  The NAFA will likely argue that they are following FIFA and UEFA policies.

Stay tuned.  

Reports coming out of Hoenn this morning are indicating that the legal challenge has begun.  The lawyers have been dispatched to Goldenrod City, where apparently the case will be heard.  Johto media is corroborating this.  

Tm3 is taking a lot of fire on social media for this whole scenario, not just from Hoenn, but from across the Pokémon Islands.  Evidently many from the Pokémon world have never forgiven Tm3 for his troubles with the Celadon Razorleaves (then the Pokémon Blockheads) during his time as manager of the Hyrulian Knights, and they surmise that he will always look to screw over a Pokémon based team and did so here.  Both Tm3 and the NAFA are calling this ludicrous and have vehemently denied such allegations.

Oddly enough, while this is going on, we're getting reports that members of the Hoenn national team may be working on an alternative solution.  At this point we don't know what that is or what it may involve.  NSN will bring updates throughout the day.

With the legal situation currently in a standoff, we have news to report from a very unlikely source.  The SNN (Sony News Network) affiliate in Ostreinsburg is reporting that national team captain Yoshimitsu had a FaceTime call with Hoenn team captain May.  Following this, SNN is saying that Ostreinsburg players have gathered outside their practice facility for a players only meeting.  One can only imagine what they are discussing at this hour.  

The NSN and NNN affiliates in Hoenn are not reporting anything yet on this.

So now we have big news coming into NSN via the Sony News Network affiliate in Ostreinsburg.  SNN covered an impromptu press conference in Ostreinsburg just a few minutes ago, and at this conference were members of the Ostreinsburg and Hoenn teams.  Evidently the Hoenn team members caught a plane from Slateport earlier this evening to be here.

Speaking at the microphone, captain Yoshimitsu said that he and his teammates had convened and decided that Blaziken was telling the outright truth, and that the Ostreinsburg players would be devastated were the shoe to be on the other foot.  They took a vote, and after doing so, had a FaceTime conversation with May, Swampert, and Blaziken.  From this an agreement was reached.

Ostreinsburg will play an officially non-sanctioned match against Hoenn at Ostreinsburg Castle Grounds on Friday night.  Should Hoenn win the match, Ostreinsburg will vacate their spot in the playoff match vs Popstar and tell the NAFA to place Hoenn there instead.  So the game will effectively be a play in game.  Tickets will be cheap, and all proceeds will go to local charities in Hoenn and Ostreinsburg.

Why would Ostreinsburg do this?  Yoshimitsu told reporters...we were on the right side of good fortune when Star Continent were banned last cycle, which gave our team a great chance to make the World Cup through the playoffs.  We think it's only right to pay back that good fortune on behalf of Hoenn, who we do feel got the shaft here big time.  And we do feel as a team that should we win we'll be on a real high by the time we get to Popstar Sunday.

The play-in match between Ostreinsburg and Hoenn was a very tense affair.  Both teams had good chances to get the opening goal in the first 45 minutes but eschewed their chances.  As the game wore on, neither team seemed interested in making the big mistake that would lose the game.  However, as penalties loomed, the game opened up again.  Wallace made two excellent saves to deny Yoshimitsu and Cervantes, and Astaroth did likewise to deny Blaziken 3 minutes from time.

it was onto penalty kicks.  Blaziken scored the first kick for Hoenn.  Xianghua answered for Ostreinsburg.  Roxanne and Voldo did the same.  But Astaroth came up with a big save to deny Wattson on the 3rd kick for Hoenn.  Cervantes then buried his.  May was steady to convert her fourth, and then drama as Wallace made a save on Yoshimitsu's penalty to make it 3-3.  Swampert then took a turn and scored, meaning that Seung Mina had to score or it was over.  She did well to beat Wallace to make it 4-4 and onto sudden death. Norman went next for Hoenn but she skied it over the bar.  That meant Sophitia could win it for Ostreinsburg.  She stepped up and buried it to send Ostreinsburg through to a tournament semifinal vs Popstar.

Hoenn 0 (4)

Ostreinsburg 0 (5) F/PK

With several hours until the first leg of the home and home friendly between Sarasaland and Green Hill Zone, Fuzzer was getting ready for not only the friendlies but for the upcoming Confederations Cup in England when he heard a knock at the door to his office in the team locker room.

Fuzzer: It's open.

As the door opened, he was assuming it was one of his players needing some help. Instead, it was Green Hill's captain, Sonic.

Sonic: Perfect. You're the guy I was looking for.

Fuzzer: First of all hi Sonic. So glad your team is facing mine tonight and Wednesday. Second of all, can you explain?

Sonic: Sure. Anyway, Amy and I were chatting with your girlfriend and I mentioned needing to talk to a guy who could help me with relationship issues and that lead me to you.

Fuzzer: I take it it's regarding the ongoing rumors about you two that exploded in the Sonic realm ever since that stalker incident and subsequent home run streak she went on?

Sonic: *nods his head* Exactly.

Fuzzer: But why now do you want to have her be your girlfriend after running away from her so many times before, and turning down opportunities to take her on a date?

Sonic: I figured you would ask that. It was because of that stalker who was wanting her for his own reasons that opened my eyes and made me realize that I can't stand to see her different that from what I know about her.

Fuzzer: Oh wow. Look I'm getting where your coming from but...

Sonic: I'll just put it into terms you can understand, and it's something even I would never expect to say.

Fuzzer: *says nothing to let him continue*

Sonic: This may be crazy, considering I'm not really the type of guy for this, but...

*takes a deep breath*

Fuzzer, I'm in love with Amy.

A few seconds pass by in which the Sarasaland manager takes in what Sonic just said before laughing for a bit.

Fuzzer: *after laughing for a few moments* Wow. Never thought I would hear you say THAT! But on a serious note, what made you realize it just now?

Sonic: Having spent plenty of time with her lately without being embarrassed and simply enjoying her company without her being super crazy can really make someone realize that maybe I was in love.

Fuzzer: I see. So I think I have an idea that might help. When I was in that situation with Daisy while I was Animal Village's manager in the last NWC cycle, I just told her how I felt, even if I had to do it at the famed Stade de France in the norther Paris neighborhood of Saint-Denis.

Sonic: Wait. You confessed your love to her... in FRANCE?

Fuzzer: Yep. Now granted this isn't Paris or anywhere in France and I'm not saying you should confess to her in front of the Eiffel Tower. What I'm saying is you should do it once our match is finished tonight.

Sonic: That's not a bad idea. Of course I'm going to need to make sure my emotions are all squared away so I don't screw it up.

Fuzzer: Well before I told her, I made sure to take a deep breath. Hey, it is hard realizing you're in love with someone and you could think that if you screw it up, that's it.

After the two plan out the details, the two exchange farewells for the time being before Fuzzer resumed his business.

Fuzzer: *to self* Gosh, I hope this roller coaster of love works for those two.

*notices a framed photo of him and Daisy on his desk*

It has for me and Daisy.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:05 PM, Triforcemaster3 said:

Last Chance Playoffs and Friendlies Scores through 30'

Frendlies 

Termina 0-0 Kanto

Sarasaland 0-1 Green Hill Zone

Shadow 21'

Tournament 1:

Animal Village 0-0 Twilight Hyrule

Corneria 1-0 Epoch

Fox McCloud 14'