Nintendo Association Football (Soccer) League

The NAFA has been put into a little bit of a pickle not unlike that of the MKRA thanks to the coronavirus outbreak in the human world.  With the Euro 2020 soccer tournament as well as the Olympics being postponed to next year, as well as other sporting events like the French Open and Wimbledon being cancelled, it’s all but a certainty that Nintendo World Cup 2020 will not be able to proceed in its normal June/July timeframe.  Discussions are underway to swap places in the Nintendo Sports calendar with the Video Game World Baseball Classic, which is usually held in August.  This would buy the organizers of NWC 2020 nearly an additional 2 months for the virus situation to die down.

The Sony Baseball League, Microsoft Baseball Association, and the newly formed Disney+ League have all indicated that they are ok with playing the VGWBC in June/July following the conclusion of their respective Apertura seasons.  The thought behind it is that players on the qualified teams would still be relatively sharp and battle tested following their postseason games.  Fatigue could be a potential negative, but it seems the will to perform the swap is there.

For what it’s worth, NWC 2020 hosts Nigeria and Cameroon haven’t been hurt significantly by the virus as of yet.  Nigeria currently has 174 cases, Cameroon has 233 cases.  Both countries have been at the forefront of social distancing and lockdown efforts to contain the virus.

Final Scores for NAFA Matchday 5 - April 4th

(This will be the last matchday until April 18th...no matches next weekend due to Easter...even though the Easter bunny is in quarantine)

Valley of Bowser 2-1 Mushroom Kingdom

Luigi's Mansion 0-2 Subcon

Delfino Isle 1-3 Sarasaland

Rogueport Island 2-4 Yoshi's Island

Great Sea 1-4 Hyrule

Great Sky 2-0 Koholint

Lorule 1-2 Termina

Great Plateau 3-2 Labrynna

Saint Eva 1-1 Castlevania

Epoch 2-2 Gondwanaland

Bionis 2-0 Pandora Mana

Alrest 3-1 Chomaikamura
Weyard 3-0 Alefgard

Sylvealla 4-0 Narshe

Zaphias 1-1 Mardias

Orsterra 2-2 Eagleland
Venom 3-1 Zebes

Distant Planet 1-0 Mute City

Tallon 0-2 Port Town

Inkopolis 2-3 Corneria

Clayland 2-4 EarthSF

Ostreinsburg 3-0 South Town

Arms 2-1 Metro City

River City 0-2 Outworld

Popstar 4-1 Icicle Mountain

Little States 3-2 ACDC Town

Golden Forest 1-1 Skyworld

Dole Floors 1-2 Green Hill Zone
Unova 1-3 Kanto

Kalos 1-1 Johto

Alola 2-0 Hoenn

Galar 0-2 Sinnoh
Vigrid 2-2 Raccoon City

Khurain 2-0 Shadow Moses Island

Gotham 3-1 MI6

Shield 3-0 LA Court
Tellius 2-0 Archanea

Ylisse 3-2 Valentia

Valla 2-0 Elibe

Fodland 0-0 Magvel
Isle O Hags 2-0 Kongo Jungle

Goldwood 2-1 Northern Kremisphere

Carrington 2-2 Ultratech Lands

Sauria 2-1 Timber Island
Crazylazy Village 2-5 Smash Village

Cranky Village 0-2 Normaluchi Village

Tortimer Island 1-1 Jockpeppy Village

Nook Island 3-0 Smugsnooty Village

Guitarworld 1-3 Star Continent

Mimiga Town 2-2 Wumpa Island

Layton London 0-0 Avalar

Earthdbz 3-2 Orange Star

• 2 weeks later...

In the wake of the MKRA cancelling all races in the human world set for the 2020 season did to the coronavirus outbreak, the head of the Sarasaland Soccer Federation made this comment on local TV:

"We don't know if Cameroon and Nigeria will have their cases under control to have the NWC hosted in the summer, so we ask that NAFA seek out various countries and realms that could be just as capable at hosting the tournament as a backup plan," while distancing himself from listing any suggestions about countries when asked, citing wanting to avoid claims of tampering and/or favoritism toward the Mario realm.

NAFA has yet to comment.

Final Scores for NAFA Matchday 6 - April 18th 

Mushroom Kingdom 5-5 Luigi's Mansion 

Subcon 1-1 Delfino Isle 

Sarasaland 3-3 Rogueport Island 

Yoshi's Island 4-4 Valley of Bowser 

Hyrule 5-1 Great Sky 

Koholint 4-0 Lorule 

Termina 0-1 Great Plateau 

Labrynna 1-2 Great Sea 

Castlevania 3-4 Epoch 

Gondwanaland 4-5 Bionis 

Pandora Mana 4-0 Alrest 

Chomaikamura 5-4 St. Eva 

Alefgard 5-4 Sylvealla 

Narshe 4-1 Zaphias 

Mardias 1-5 Orsterra 

Eagleland 0-2 Weyard 

Zebes 0-4 Distant Planet 

Mute City 5-1 Tallon 

Port Town 2-5 Inkopolis 

Corneria 1-0 Venom 

Earth SF 5-2 Ostreinsburg 

South Town 3-0 Arms 

Metro City 4-4 River City 

Outworld 4-3 Clayland 

Icicle Mountain 3-0 Little States 

ACDC Town 5-3 Golden Forest 

Skyworld 5-1 Dole Floors 

Green Hill Zone 5-5 Popstar 

Kanto 4-1 Kalos 

Johto 1-0 Alola 

Hoenn 5-1 Galar 

Sinnoh 5-2 Unova 

Raccoon City 1-0 Khura'in 

Shadow Moses Island 1-3 Gotham 

MI6 0-0 Shield 

LA Court 4-4 Vigrid 

Archanea 1-5 Ylisse 

Valentia 2-3 Valla 

Elibe 0-2 Fodland 

Magvel 0-0 Tellius 

Kongo Jungle 4-0 Goldwood 

Northern Kremisphere 5-2 Carrington 

Ultratech 2-1 Sauria 

Timber Island 1-2 Isle O Hags 

Smash Village 1-0 Cranky Village 

Normaluchi Village 1-2 Tortimer Island 

Jockpeppy Village 0-2 Nook Island 

Smugsnooty Village 2-2 Crazylazy Village 

Star Continent 2-4 Mimiga Town 

Wumpa Island 1-1 Layton London 

Avalar 5-3 Earthdz 

Orange Star 2-0 Guitarworld 

(Scores TBA... there's a huge situation with the Scores for Series 4.)  

(I'm not kidding with those Mario scores. They were like matches made in heaven.) 

(As for the next game, YOU'LL HAVE TO LOOK FOR THE REVISED GAME 4S. An interesting revelation happened when I was looking at the originals. So, it was now 1 vs 7, 2 vs. 8, 3 vs. 5, and 4 vs. 6 for each bracket. That means, the next game will be 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 5, 3 vs. 6, and 4 vs. 7, thus completing the halfway point of the season.)

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

Results for NAFA Matchday #7 - April 26 - (this completes the first half of the 2020 NAFA regular season...the same matches will take place in the 2nd half with home/away reversed.  Link thank you for the heads up on the matchups needed for today, I'm following your direction - 8v1, 5v2, 6v3, and 7v4)

Rogueport Island 2-3 Mushroom Kingdom

Valley of Bowser 3-1 Subcon

Luigi's Mansion 0-2 Sarasaland

Delfino Isle 1-1 Yoshi's Island

Great Plateau 3-2 Hyrule

Great Sea 2-1 Koholint

Great Sky 2-2 Termina

Lorule 2-0 Labrynna

Alrest 2-2 Castlevania

Saint Eva 2-1 Gondwanaland

Epoch 3-1 Pandora Mana

Bionis 4-0 Chomaikamura

Orsterra 2-0 Alefgard

Weyard 2-0 Narshe

Sylvealla 3-0 Mardias

Zaphias 1-2 Eagleland

Inkopolis 1-0 Zebes

Venom 1-3 Mute City

Distant Planet 5-0 Port Town

Tallon 1-4 Corneria

River City 0-2 Earth SF

Clayland 2-0 South Town

Ostreinsburg 4-0 Metro City

Arms 1-3 Outworld

Dole Floors 2-1 Icicle Mountain

Popstar 4-3 ACDC Town

Little States 2-2 Skyworld

Golden Forest 0-3 Green Hill Zone

Galar 0-3 Kanto

Unova 1-1 Johto

Kalos 1-2 Hoenn

Alola 3-1 Sinnoh

Shield 4-2 Raccoon City

Vigrid 2-1 Shadow Moses Island

Khurain 0-1 MI6

Gotham 1-2 LA Court

Fodland 0-2 Archanea

Tellius 1-1 Valentia

Ylisse 4-0 Elibe

Valla 3-0 Magvel

Sauria 0-0 Kongo Jungle

Isle O Hags 4-2 Northern Kremisphere

Goldwood 2-2 Ultratech

Carrington 1-0 Timber Island

Nook Island 0-0 Smash Village

Crazylazy Village 1-3 Normaluchi Village

Cranky Village 0-2 Jockpeppy Village

Tortimer Island 1-2 Smugsnooty Village

West City 5-2 Star Continent

Guitarworld 1-2 Wumpa Island

Mimiga Town 4-2 Avalar

Layton London 1-3 Orange Star

Edited by Triforcemaster3

Standings through halfway of NAFA 2020 and Analysis, and maybe certain editorial bias: 

Group A: 

Valley of Bowser 14-5    
Mushroom Kingdom 13-7     
Sarasaland 12-6
Yoshi’s Island 11-8
Luigi’s Mansion 9-9
Rogueport Island 8-11 
Subcon 5-14
Delfino Isle 3-15 

Hmm… This is a really difficult one to look at. Sarasaland has had some problems with tying, but overall has done better. I wish more luck to Luigi’s Mansion, though. As for Valley of Bowser, maybe they’re mad that they were relegated in NBL to do better here.

Group B:

Great Sea 15-6 
Great Plateau- 14-5      
Hyrule 13-7
Great Sky 11-8 
Koholint 8-11
Termina 8-11
Labrynna 6-15
Lorule 4-16 

Sorry, I call B.S. on Great Sea being the best in this bracket so far. At least in the middle. And what’s with Koholint’s being in the bottom four?!

Group C: 

Epoch 19-1
Bionis 16-4    
Castlevania 9-9   
Saint Eva 8-11
Pandora Mana 7-13 
Gondwanaland 7-13
Alrest 7-13
Chomaikamura 5-14

I’m a bit curious on how Saint Eva will fare the next half, but they have a long way to go to beat Epoch and Bionis.  

Group D:

Sylvealla 16-4   
Weyard 15-6
Eagleland 14-5 
Narshe 10-10
Orsterra 10-10   
Alefgard 6-15
Mardias 5-14
Zaphias 4-16  

Okay, so how are the granddaddies of RPGs not doing better?! I’m going to lose my mind if Mardias bests either one of them by the end of this season! 

Group E: 

Corneria 21-0  
Inkopolis 16-4
Venom 13-7  
Distant Planet 12-9  
Mute City 9-12
Zebes 7-13
Port Town 3-18
Tallon 1-19 

I got no real comment for Corneria. And, Venom might go to the playoffs, but I doubt they’ll go far. 

Group F: 

Outworld 21-0  
Earth SF 16-4 
Ostreinsburg 15-5    
Clayland 9-12
Metro City 7-13 
South Town 7-13   
River City 4-16
Arms 3-18 

*Sighs* Really disappointed with South Town right now. Clayland should not be higher than they are right now. Still, Outworld’s wins are nothing short of miraculous, like Corneria’s. 

Group G:

Green Hill Zone 15-3      
Popstar 11-5
ACDC Town 11-8   
Skyworld 9-6 
Little States 8-11
Icicle Mountain 7-10  
Golden Forest 5-14
Dole Floors 6-15 

I’m okay with the state of Group G. 

Group H: 

Kanto 16-4    
Johto 15-3
Alola 12-8 
Hoenn 12-9   
Sinnoh 10-10    
Unova 7-13 
Kalos 6-12
Galar 1-19 

To be honest, Galar had it coming. 

Group I: 

Shield 13-7      
MI6 12-6       
Vigrid 12-6      
Gotham 11-8   
Khura’in 8-11       
LA Court 8-11  
Raccoon City 7-10     
Shadow Moses Island 4-16 

Okay, where are the RE3MAKE haters?! … Actually, given the current timing, it’s not such a bad thing. Still, Vigrid being in the top 3 is interesting. Whether they’ll do much is a mystery. 

Group J: 

Ylisse 18-3       
Tellius 14-2      
Archanea 13-7    
Fodland 10-10     
Valla 10-10   
Valentia 6-12      
Elibe 4-16 
Magvel 2-17 

Here’s to you, Magvel! *drinks water* Anyway, I’m hoping for Fodland to make it too, but the Top 3 are good too. 

Group K: 

Kongo Jungle 14-5 
Isle O Hags 13-4 
Sauria 11-8 
Timber Island 10-7
Goldwood 8-11
Northern Kremisphere 6-15 
Carrington 8-11
Ultratech 5-14 

Sauria, what do you think you’re doing? Winning? Please lose. Still, it won’t matter if they’re 3rd in the Group. Knowing the other groups, Sauria wouldn’t get much far anyways. 

Group L: 

Nook Island 16-4 
Smash Village 15-3         
Tortimer Island 14-5         
Normaluchi Village 12-9      
Jockpeppy Village 8-11  
Smugsnooty Village 5-14
Cranky Village 4-16
Crazylazy Village 4-16 

Well, the Top 2 will be a wild ride with 3 really amazing teams. If Normaluchi somehow disturbs that order, it would be weird. 

Group M: 

Mimiga Town 15-3     
Orange Star 13-7  
Wumpa Island 12-6     
Earthdz 12-9        
Avalar 10-10       
Layton London 9-9       
Star Continent 7-13     
Guitarworld 0-21 

I’m not surprised about Star Continent now. Orange Star being in the Top 2 is a riddle. Here’s hoping the three below are taking notice. 

The Top 16 based on Groups… so far: 

16. Group I’s Shield 13-7 

One of the finalists, it’s weird that they might not be in the best shape. 

15. Group A’s Valley of Bowser 14-5 

That all depends on the next few games, but Valley of Bowser will enjoy it while they last.  \

14. Group K’s Kongo Jungle 14-5  

Honestly, they have a great amount of rivals in their Group. But, this placement is justified.  

13. Group B’s Great Sea 15-6 

This too shall not last long. 

12. Group M’s Mimiga Town 15-3  

Like with Kongo Jungle’s predicament, Mimiga Town might not be the leader for the rest of the series.  

11. Group G’s Green Hill Zone 15-3      

Even with good rivals, I believe in Sonic and friend’s position on top this time around. 

10. Group D’s Sylvealla 16-4 

I hate to say it, but they might have some merit going this far.  

9. Group F’s EarthSF 16-4 

It’s only fitting one of the most important fighters would be on top.  

8. Group E’s Inkopolis 16-4  

Honestly, this checks. 

7. Group L’s Nook Island 16-4 

It might be only temporary, but I believe in them.  

6. Group H’s Kanto 16-4  

I will support a great amount of other teams as well from this group. 

5. Group C’s Bionis 16-4 

By the way, isn’t the best edition coming out soon?!  

4. Group J’s Ylisse 18-3      

Happy 30th anniversary, series!

3. Group C’s Epoch 19-1  

They were so close to being in the top 2! 

2. Group F’s Outworld 21-0 

This is the most surprising win streak so far. But, the ones who really deserve it are… 

1* Group E’s Corneria 21-0 

It’s a worthy tribute, alright. Here’s to an undefeated streak this season! 

It's highly fascinating that you looked at this in terms of goal difference instead of points earned...I'm actually glad you did because it does show in great detail who the great teams are and just how dominant they have been.  I mean, Outworld and Corneria having not conceded all season so far is pretty incredible, especially considering that both of us have done multiple game simulations...so their dominance has held up through that as well.  Epoch only conceding once in 7 games is also rather extraordinary.

The 2020 Nintendo World Cup could be the most wide open in history in terms of who could win it.  A lot of teams can score plenty of goals, some are averaging up close to 3 goals a game, which is a level that even top human world clubs like Barcelona, Paris St Germain, and Manchester City have a hard time maintaining.  If you look at the past NWC champions Popstar, Kanto, and Sarasaland, and past NCC champions Hyrule and Yoshi's Island, they all had the ability to put the ball in the net big time.  But what we're seeing now is a larger group of teams that are playing championship level defense.  Of the teams in Link's top 16 power rankings, all 16 of them are conceding less than a goal a game.  This cuts across every league/group of the NAFA.  You could well see teams from the tourney fighter league or the RPG league or some of the other historically "minnow" leagues make deep runs into the NWC and maybe one of them takes home the title this time around.  No 3rd party franchise has even won the NWC or NCC previously, but this year has the look that this record could well fall. 

My take on the groups so far - since Link already gave his perspective:

Mario - I wouldn't have expected the Koopas to be on top at the midway, but they are a team that has been so close on so many occasions.  Maybe this year they finally finish the job.  It's going to be a gangbuster 2nd half with defending NWC champ Sarasaland, defending NCC champ Yoshi's Island, and powerful Mushroom Kingdom all battling it out.  Luigi's Mansion has done well for a newcomer club I think.  Remember this is the strongest league in the NAFA, teams like Subcon and Delfino would probably be contenders elsewhere.

Zelda - Great Sea being on top of this group is maybe the biggest surprise of the cycle thus far.  Their play has been extraordinary.  Can Toon Link and his bunch hang in against the likes of Great Plateau, Hyrule, and the rest?  That won't be easy.  I'm not sure what the point standings are obviously but I feel even Termina and Koholint are still very much alive in this, and Labrynna if they can solve their defensive woes could yet play spoiler.  It's still all to play for given that no team is dominant here, and there aren't any real easy wins to be had.

Epic/Adventures - This group might already be decided as Epoch and Bionis have been crazy good to this point.  Castlevania and Saint Eva are really the only teams that could try to break that up but their margin for error is basically zero given that only the top 2 qualify.

RPGs - Sylvealla, Eagleland, and Weyard are battling it out for the top 2 here, with no team being clearly dominant over the other.  Narshe and Orsterra are certainly not out of the picture either but they would need a really good second half to have a chance.  It's almost as wide open as the Zelda league.

Space & Future - I mean Corneria, wow...speechless.  Inkopolis has been rock solid as well which isn't super surprising.  Those two look like locks to qualify automatically.  What I am surprised at is how poorly Zebes and Mute City have been to this point...both of those clubs have a lot of ground to make up by the looks of it.  Right now Venom and Distant Planet are battling for the half spot.  I still think Zebes or Mute City could pull themselves into that discussion though as Venom and Distant Planet have their liabilities.  Will be fun to watch.

Tourney Fighters - This group seems largely resolved.  Outworld is a lock to qualify.  Really the only point of interest might be in seeing who gets the other automatic spot between Earth SF and Ostreinsburg.  The loser of that duel will have to settle for the half spot.  The other teams in the group don't have the look of a club with a big comeback in them.

Old School - Green Hill Zone looks to be a lock to qualify, and that's no big surprise.  The 2nd automatic berth looks like it will be hotly contested though as 2014 NWC champion Popstar has been struggling offensively a little bit.  ACDC Town and Skyworld are good enough to bump them off if they play really well in the 2nd half.  Golden Forest in particular has been a big disappointment...and I don't see Little States being strong enough to challenge.  It's a 3 team race with an automatic and a half spot available.

Pokémon - 2016 NWC champion Kanto has been very good, but the surprise is how strong Johto has been.  They've really upped their performance on both ends of the pitch and honestly look like a lock to qualify at this point.  Barring a surprise collapse, the intrigue is going to be the battle for third between Alola, Sinnoh, and Hoenn.  They pretty much all have equal chance of finishing third IMO as all three have qualified for NWC or NCC finals previously.  The other clubs seem to be too far behind to matter.

FPS / Survival - Now this group might be the most interesting of all.  Much like the Zelda league, there's no real dominant team at the top, and it's perhaps even more evenly matched.  Shield, MI6, and Gotham are all up there as you might have expected, but Vigrid has been the surprise package and one would be wrong to count them out.  Just a few years ago Vigrid was one of the worst teams in the NAFA.  How do you like them apples?  LA Court and Khurain are a little ways behind but are by no means out of the picture.  Like the Zelda league this baby is at least 6 teams deep still, and it's going to be one hell of a battle to the finish.

FE & Military - Ylisse and Tellius have been extremely good, and their defense in particular has been outstanding.  Even though Archanea has been almost as good offensively I don't see them being able to hang on defense, which is why I think Ylisse and Tellius are probably locks for the top 2.  Archanea has some room for error in the battle for the half spot but Fodland and Valla will definitely have a shout to get in there.  I'm very disappointed in Valentia, they have been surprisingly poor and likely won't factor into this equation.

Rareware - Kongo Jungle and Isle O Hags are both looking very good to qualify automatically, which you probably could've seen coming at the start.  Both teams are very solid on both ends of the pitch.  The battle for third will be highly fascinating.  Right now league newcomer Sauria and Timber Island are in best position to claim 3rd but Goldwood and Carrington are by no means out of it.  Neither has qualified for a major tournament yet so both will be highly motivated to seize the opportunity.  (sidenote - I would've never considered putting Sauria in this group but their presence has definitely spiced things up, albeit maybe at the expense of the Space League, though both leagues seem similar in their current standings)

Animal Crossing - Its hard for me to write about this league because it has multiple new clubs and I'm not even 100% certain which characters are playing for which club at times.  But with 2 spots available and with Nook Island, Tortimer Island, and Smash Village all battling for the lead, this looks to be one of the most intriguing leagues to watch in the 2nd half.  Don't sleep on Normaluchi Village either, they've qualified for multiple NWC/NCC tournaments in the past and are no slouch.  Even Jockpeppy Village isn't fully out of it and could be in the mix if they get on a winning streak.

The Misfits - Normally I start by talking about the leaders, but here, I can't get over what's happened to Star Continent.  It's no secret that both Fuzzer and Link have utter contempt for this club, and their position, expelled from the Mario league (after scandal) and near the bottom here, is just sad.  They're angry, and more than ready to play spoiler I think.  Ok, off my soapbox.  Look at Mimiga Town!  They've been unbelievable, and look to be a lock for the NWC.  (Maybe they're just better at soccer than baseball)  After Mimiga, wow is this fascinating.  You've got 5 teams battling for the 2nd spot.  Orange Star has been a surprise package and Wumpa Island has come in and is an immediate contender.  West City has been a little disappointing, but frankly I think they were used to being in an easy league and the infusion of new talent caught them a little off guard.  They'll be better equipped to play from here on.  And Avalar and Layton London, if they can play better offensively, could have a good chance of landing 2nd place as well.  This is the NAFA's version of Battle Royale and will be tons of fun to watch.  

49 minutes ago, Triforcemaster3 said:

My take on the groups so far - since Link already gave his perspective: 

FPS / Survival/ JUSTICE -  ...but Vigrid has been the surprise package and one would be wrong to count them out.  Just a few years ago Vigrid was one of the worst teams in the NAFA.  How do you like them apples? 

Maybe it's interesting to say that Vigrid comes from the Bayonetta franchise. I'm not sure how "justice" plays a part in the series, except for Bayonetta getting "justice" on those who hurt her and are trying to take over the world. Maybe "survival" given some circumstances. I would say they could fall under the Sega banner, but the second game was published by Nintendo (under the Sega banner, who knows). Maybe "Misfit" describes them too, but I wouldn't know where to find another team to work with here. ... Maybe The Wonderful 101 could be a great place to start, but it's too late to change anything now. Maybe next season.

FE & Military - I'm very disappointed in Valentia, they have been surprisingly poor and likely won't factor into this equation. 

I'm not. if their Gaiden remake is a poor excuse of an existence, that's where they belong. F tier. Quick burn, and I'm not mincing words. I'm glad that Elibe exists in the NWC, now that Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector can play for a better team. HEY-O! 

Rareware -  (sidenote - I would've never considered putting Sauria in this group but their presence has definitely spiced things up, albeit maybe at the expense of the Space League, though both leagues seem similar in their current standings) 

I couldn't find another Rare game/series to think on the top of my head to complete the last spot, and Rare was a/the developer behind S.F. Adventures. Besides, it's not like Donkey Kong is worked on by Rare at this moment too. If Rareware joined another "team" for this group, similar to Old-School Nintendo and Sega, then maybe some of these teams can properly leave. 

Animal Crossing - Its hard for me to write about this league because it has multiple new clubs and I'm not even 100% certain which characters are playing for which club at times.     

I might find an answer when it comes to that, thanks to my current plans on "revising" another team in the NBL after the season. I'll work on the blueprints when it comes to that.

The Misfits - Normally I start by talking about the leaders, but here, I can't get over what's happened to Star Continent.  It's no secret that both Fuzzer and Link have utter contempt for this club, and their position, expelled from the Mario league (after scandal) and near the bottom here, is just sad.  They're angry, and more than ready to play spoiler I think.  Ok, off my soapbox. 

Because their team is from a game that was an interesting team-up of Square and Nintendo, and because of their actions in this universe, the title "misfit" fits them perfectly. (What a possible contradiction that is!) 

All my stuff in bold!

NAFA Matchday 8 Results - May 2nd (home/away is reversed, home is now on the right for the remainder of the season.

Mushroom Kingdom 1-3 Subcon
Sarasaland 2-2 Yoshi's Island
Valley of Bowser 2-0 Luigi's Mansion 
Delfino Isle 1-2 Rogueport Island  
Hyrule 1-2 Koholint
Termina 2-2 Labrynna
Great Sea 0-3 Great Sky
Lorule 1-4 Great Plateau   
Castlevania 2-3 Gondwanaland
Pandora Mana 2-0 Chomaikamura
Saint Eva 2-1 Epoch
Bionis 2-4 Alrest  
Alefgard 2-4 Narshe 
Mardias 1-1 Eagleland 
Weyard 0-0 Sylvealla
Zaphias 0-2 Orsterra 
Zebes 1-2 Mute City
Port Town 1-5 Corneria
Venom 0-2 Distant Planet
Tallon 0-4 Inkopolis  
Earth SF 3-0 South Town 
Metro City 1-4 Outworld 
Clayland 1-1 Ostreinsburg
Arms 0-2 River City 
Icicle Mountain 1-3 ACDC Town
Skyworld 2-5 Green Hill Zone
Popstar 2-3 Little States
Golden Forest 2-1 Dole Floors   
Kanto 0-0 Johto
Hoenn 1-2 Sinnoh
Unova 1-0 Kalos
Alola 2-0 Galar  
Raccoon City 1-3 Shadow Moses Island 
MI6 0-2 LA Court
Vigrid 2-2 Khurain
Gotham 3-5 Shield
Archanea 1-2 Valentia   
Elibe 0-2 Magvel
Tellius 0-1 Ylisse  
Valla 2-2 Fodland 
Kongo Jungle 2-2 Northern Kremisphere   
Ultratech 1-3 Timber Island
Isle O Hags 0-0 Goldwood
Carrington 1-3 Sauria  
Smash Village 1-1 Normaluchi Village
Jockpeppy Village 3-1 Smugsnooty Village
Crazylazy Village 2-0 Cranky Village 
Tortimer Island 1-3 Nook Island 
Star Continent 3-2 Wumpa Island 
Avalar 2-2 Orange Star
Guitarworld 0-2 Mimiga Town
Layton London 1-4 Earthdz   

Final Scores for NAFA Matchday #9 - Saturday, May 9 (home/away reversed, home on right)

Yoshi's Island 2-4 Mushroom Kingdom

Subcon 0-3 Sarasaland

Luigi's Mansion 1-2 Isle Delfino

Rogueport Island 0-4 Valley of Bowser

Labrynna 1-4 Hyrule

Koholint 0-2 Termina

Great Plateau 3-2 Great Sea

Great Sky 1-1 Lorule

Chomaikamura 1-3 Castlevania

Gondwanaland 0-2 Pandora Mana

Alrest 1-3 Saint Eva

Epoch 0-2 Bionis

Eagleland 2-2 Alefgard

Narshe 2-0 Mardias

Orsterra 1-2 Weyard

Sylvealla 0-2 Zaphias
Corneria 1-2 Zebes

Mute City 2-0 Port Town

Inkopolis 2-3 Venom

Distant Planet 2-0 Tallon
Outworld 1-3 Earth SF

South Town 0-2 Metro City

River City 1-4 Clayland

Ostreinsburg 3-2 Arms

Green Hill Zone 3-2 Icicle Mountain

ACDC Town 1-2 Skyworld

Dole Floors 0-3 Popstar

Little States 1-2 Golden Forest

Sinnoh 0-3 Kanto

Johto 2-5 Hoenn

Galar 2-4 Unova

Kalos 1-3 Alola
LA Court 1-2 Raccoon City

Shadow Moses Island 1-1 MI6

Shield 0-0 Vigrid

Khurain 0-2 Gotham
Magvel 2-4 Archanea

Valentia 2-2 Elibe

Fodland 2-4 Tellius

Ylisse 1-2 Valla
Timber Island 2-3 Kongo Jungle

Northern Kremisphere 1-3 Ultratech Lands
Sauria 0-2 Isle O Hags

Goldwood 2-1 Carrington
Smugsnooty Village 1-2 Smash Village

Normaluchi Village 1-3 Jockpeppy Village

Nook Island 2-0 Crazylazy Village

Cranky Village 0-4 Tortimer Island
Orange Star 0-2 Star Continent

Wumpa Island 0-2 Avalar

Earthdbz 3-0 Guitarworld

Mimiga Town 1-2 Layton London

Final Scores for Nintendo Association Football - 2020 season matchday 10: 

Sarasaland 4-4 Mushroom Kingdom

Yoshi's Island 5-1 Subcon

Delfino Isle 3-5 Valley of Bowser

Rogueport Island 1-1 Luigi's Mansion

Termina 4-4 Hyrule

Labrynna 0-5 Koholint

Lorule 3-0 Great Sea

Great Plateau 5-2 Great Sky

Pandora Mana 3-3 Castlevania

Chomaikamura 0-5 Gondwanaland

Bionis 2-0 Saint Eva

Alrest 0-4 Epoch
Mardias 2-4 Alefgard

Eagleland 1-3 Narshe

Zaphias 4-0 Weyard

Orsterra 0-1 Sylvealla
Port Town 0-2 Zebes

Corneria 3-1 Mute City

Tallon 5-1 Venom

Inkopolis 5-2 Distant Planet
Metro City 2-4 EarthSF

Outworld 5-3 South Town

Arms 4-1 Clayland

River City 4-1 Ostreinsburg
Skyworld 5-3 Icicle Mountain

Green Hill Zone 3-2 ACDC Town

Golden Forest 0-4 Popstar

Dole Floors 0-2 Little States
Hoenn 3-4 Kanto

Sinnoh 1-4 Johto

Alola 2-1 Unova

Galar 1-0 Kalos

MI6 4-5 Raccoon City

LA Court 5-4 Shadow Moses Island

Gotham 0-2 Vigrid

Shield 3-1 Khura'in

Elibe 3-2 Archanea

Magvel 4-3 Valentia

Valla 0-4 Tellius

Fodland 1-2 Ylisse
Ultratech 4-4 Kongo Jungle

Timber Island 5-1 Northern Kremisphere

Carrington 0-4 Isle O Hags

Sauria 3-3 Goldwood
 Jockpeppy Village 1-4 Smash Village

Smugsnooty Village 4-1 Normaluchi Village

Tortimer Island 4-2 Crazylazy Village

Nook Island 5-2 Cranky Village
Avalar 5-4 Star Continent

Orange Star 4-5 Wumpa Island

Layton London 5-3 Guitarworld

Earthdbz 2-1 Mimiga Town

On 3/30/2020 at 1:19 AM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Final Scores for Nintendo Association Football - 2020 season matchday 11 - May 24 (home/away reversed with home on right)

Mushroom Kingdom 2-0 Delfino Isle 

Subcon 1-3 Rogueport Island
Sarasaland 1-0 Valley of Bowser
Yoshi's Island 2-2 Luigi's Mansion 

Hyrule 0-2 Lorule

Koholint- 2-4 Great Plateau 

Termina 3-1 Great Sea 

Labrynna 0-2 Great Sky
Castlevania 1-0 Bionis 

Gondwanaland 2-0 Alrest 

Pandora Mana 1-2 St. Eva

Chomaikamura 1-3 Epoch