Nintendo accidentally leaks Paper Mario: Color Splash on Nintendo eShop

Chrom

I don't expect the game to turn people's heads around but if people are liking it better than Sticker Star than that's nice to hear at least. While I don't agree with some of the things it did, I did ultimately find enjoyment in playing Sticker Star to the end.

2 hours ago, Sun said:

The game plays more like an Action RPG with card battling system...

It wasn't an ARPG, but this makes me yearn for more Baten Kaitos. I was always a sucker for its soundtrack too, and really loved the House of Cards theme.

Glad to hear that people seem to be enjoying Color Splash, though. Sadly, I still can't see any major appeal in it. :( Might give it a whirl one day when I can get it on the cheap.

13 hours ago, Sun said:

There's also something of a level up system.

The game plays more like an Action RPG with card battling system...

So, it's Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories but on the Wii U and starring Mario and not NEARLY as complicated plot.

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts... we're almost there! :P

Anyway, are there any impressions out there from people who managed to get the preload and are able to play the game in full?

2 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

Just started watching that stream. Looks like he's in a haunted hotel of some sorts, and the music is so good!!

Gotta say, this is giving me a much better outlook on the game. Might actually have to give Color Splash a closer look. 

Ah, that's the

Spoiler

Dark Bloo Inn

That probably doesn't spoil anything about the level itself but I put it in a spoiler tag in case you didn't want to know the level name early.

I'm actually liking this game a lot more that I'm actually seeing it action, it fixes a lot of stuff I heard was really bad in Sticker Star.

Edited by Sun

dang shame I saw something at around 6am but was way too tired and by the time I woke up later in the day it was already gone. I definitely would have jumped at the chance to have the game early. Last time I got this lucky was with PKMN Black & White at BJ's Wholesale which I got to buy and play two weeks before release.

Edited by Juanblue85
Just now, Cryptic said:

I would watch the dude's stream for a bit but I honestly can't stand when streamers have obnoxious shit popping up on their screen every 5 seconds.

It didn't start out that way but people started finding his Twitch account and they keep following him every 10-20 seconds,

most have been fake accounts set up as a joke.

6 minutes ago, Juanblue85 said:

dang shame I saw something at around 6am but was way too tired and by the time I woke up later in the day it was already gone. I definitely would have jumped at the chance to have the game early. Last time I got this lucky was with PKMN Black & White at BJ's Wholesale which I got the buy and play two weeks before release.

CtLNNzmUkAA152r.jpg

It happened back on September 22, so don't feel bad, the game comes out in a week or two anyway, most of the people who got it from the eShop for "free" probably had it on pre-order anyway.

Just now, Sun said:

It didn't start out that way but people started finding his Twitch account and they keep following him every 10-20 seconds,

most have been fake accounts set up as a joke.

CtLNNzmUkAA152r.jpg

It happened back on September 22, so don't feel bad, the game comes out in a week or two anyway, most of the people who got it from the eShop for "free" probably had it on pre-order anyway.

Its cool I still have my Amazon pre order and just added a bit of money towards it via gift card so I'll be getting the game for $20 after trading a few things non game related.

CtLRm8GUIAMeamQ.jpg

CtLSVcNUIAAJg2k.jpg

Everyone immediately remarked that the Koopas were dabbing in the first picture and then my mind

was blown as to who says the line in the second picture, I was not expecting that character.

The character in question has been covered up to avoid spoilers.

Edited by Sun