The Super Mario Bros. Movie - Now avail. to own! |📽️🍄SMB Movie 2 - April 3rd, 2026

• alienboyva changed the title to Nintendo Direct: The Super Mario Bros. Movie - Oct. 6th @ 4:05pm ET / 1:05pm PT

Here's the obligatory hour long analysis on the movie poster, for anyone interested. y;  

To be fair, this poster is JAMPACKED with stuff. It's absolutely beautiful! 

I cant help put feel that one Toad is Captain Toad. I mean he's got the backpack, but missing the shirt and headlamp. From this poster it really seems like you'll get a sense of adventure from this movie. Is it just me or is any one else getting Super Nintendo World vibes from this poster? :P 

Edited by alienboyva
13 hours ago, The Albraskan said:

I remember hearing about that post from a friend. 

Also there was another GameXplain video that repoted on a “rumor” of movie Mario’s face reveal leaked from a McDonald’s Happy Meal ad. Not sure if the video is still up.

Yeah, I've been debating whether or not if I should post it here. I decided not to, because massive spoilers and whatnot (even with spoiler tags). I went to go post something on Twitter and it was the first thing in my feed. I didn't even realize that's what I had seen, until I saw the headlines pop up. I guess that says just how good his design is for the movie. It's pretty much spot on, but you can tell there's something slightly off. IDK... I think it's because some proportions are so every slightly off (mainly the eyes). The thing that stands out the most to me is how small the logo (M) on his hat is, compared to how it normally is (maybe it's just that pic?). Anyway, his design for the move is great! It just looks slightly more realistic and less cartoony. I'm now curious to see how other characters will look.

I'm pretty sure this leak is real, but in a mere hours we'll find out if the leak was indeed real or not.

Edited by alienboyva

Not a bad trailer, and I'm honestly surprised to be saying that.

Spoiler

I liked the animation, especially for Bowser, the Koopas, and the penguins. Mario looks a little off but a more human, expressive face was always going to take some adjusting to.

Jack Black's Bowser voice is good! Keegan-Michael Key's Toad isn't bad either. Chris Pratt's Mario voice though…well we don't hear a lot of it in the trailer but I'm still not sold on it.

I have to say though, I'm not thrilled that it looks like they're going for a "fish out of water" where Mario magically winds up in the Mushroom Kingdom. I'm just sick of it as a storytelling structure, and I swear if the movie starts with real-world Chris Pratt getting sucked into a warp pipe and turning into animated Mario my eyes might literally fall out of my head from rolling so hard.

I had to... *In spoiler do to Mario's face reveal for those who didn't see it yet*

Spoiler

I was expecting this to be decent, but that was way better than what I was expecting. Jack Black is fantastic as Bowser (he better sing in this movie) and Keegan-Michael Key as Toad is spot on! Chris Prat as Mario, from what little we heard, just sounds like a normal dude.   I absolutely can not wait for a full trailer and to see the move in April!

Edited by alienboyva
1 minute ago, Eliwood8 said:

Hide contents

I have to say though, I'm not thrilled that it looks like they're going for a "fish out of water" where Mario magically winds up in the Mushroom Kingdom. I'm just sick of it as a storytelling structure, and I swear if the movie starts with real-world Chris Pratt getting sucked into a warp pipe and turning into animated Mario my eyes might literally fall out of my head from rolling so hard.

Spoiler

I don’t mind it though. If it starts from his Mario Bros. roots to the Super Mario Bros. story, I’m all for that. The part that he wound up in the world has always been a theory, but it’s now true. It’s been heavily been implied, but it could be true. And since everyone in this production clearly loves the games, I don’t mind that it looks different. We’re getting good video game movie adaptations, and I believe it started with Sonic. But, I still have a soft spot for the Detective Pikachu movie. 

Man, that trailer is selling it for me.

Originally i was somewhere between hesitant and optimistic considering the choices for the voice actors, but after watching the trailer, but I’m pleasantly surprised

Because that was actually a good trailer - really like how the animation and lighting turned out

Really like how Bowser sounds - think Jack Black was a really good choice for Bowser

Kamek, Penguin King and Toad aren’t too bad, actually either 

Though I’m on the fence and not sure if I’m sold on Chris Pratt Mario just yet - I think there might be a slight Brooklyn accent to it, but i think I’d want to hear more before deciding 

I think I’ll actually be looking forward to this movie coming out next year

Off topic but on topic at the same time....

With some stuff shown in this movie, will there be a Mario game arriving in tow with the movie?  I'd argue for 2D, but 3D could be believable as well.  I don't really recall penguins being featured that much outside the SM64 ice/cold sections, the one track in Mario Kart 64, and maybe in some latter 3D games but they did show up as a power suit at least in the NSMB series....  but they were generic enemies... not like.... a kingdom with a king kind of thing.

• alienboyva changed the title to The Super Mario Bros. Movie - Only In Theaters April 7 |📽🍄Teaser Trailer Released!

Hmm, I'm not sure that ppl just was just holding there breath in anticipation for Mario to sound like but I thought Chris Pratt Mario was not spot on (wasn't expecting that) as we were told it new take in how Super Mario would sound like. Everything else was solid with animation and animation of the lip sync.

1 hour ago, Eliwood8 said:

Not a bad trailer, and I'm honestly surprised to be saying that.

Hide contents

I liked the animation, especially for Bowser, the Koopas, and the penguins. Mario looks a little off but a more human, expressive face was always going to take some adjusting to.

Jack Black's Bowser voice is good! Keegan-Michael Key's Toad isn't bad either. Chris Pratt's Mario voice though…well we don't hear a lot of it in the trailer but I'm still not sold on it.

I don't think to me Mario looks that human human like, they definitely took notes from Sonic facial looks. Strange take as he's anamorphic animal but we all saw how Sonic looked like and to the one we have now so I am sold on Mario's look here.

As for the fish out of water, I understand that and it easy to say and go is tiring but regardless what form the story goes I have faith this will be a good story even if its a fish out of water.

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

Originally i was somewhere between hesitant and optimistic considering the choices for the voice actors, but after watching the trailer, but I’m pleasantly surprised

Because that was actually a good trailer - really like how the animation and lighting turned out

Really like how Bowser sounds - think Jack Black was a really good choice for Bowser

Kamek, Penguin King and Toad aren’t too bad, actually either 

Though I’m on the fence and not sure if I’m sold on Chris Pratt Mario just yet - I think there might be a slight Brooklyn accent to it, but i think I’d want to hear more before deciding 

I think I’ll actually be looking forward to this movie coming out next year

Yes, when Mario said on our way to the mushroom kingdom, definitely a Brooklyn accent was coming thru. I guess I can get that either ppl are not behind or that still doesn't show an identity for Mario in this movie. For me not say easily sold but I feel this is good fit for what we heard and no expectations of what I thought Mario would sound like.

59 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

If you watch closely during Pratt's part of the interview, you can almost see him look off-camera at the PR guy holding up cue-cards to remind him what Koopas are called. theydonothing;

Honestly I was question the pause and thought he was gonna say Goomba and was trying to remember its name but it was Koopas he was struggling to remember. And typical I play Nintendo response for a Mario video game. Yes, Super Mario Bros was played on a Nintendo but missing Entertainment System. Like c'mon Pratt you sound like those parent not having a clue what gaming Nintendo console is called and they ask, 'can I get a Nintendo? Sales associate: A Nintendo what now?

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

If you watch closely during Pratt's part of the interview, you can almost see him look off-camera at the PR guy holding up cue-cards to remind him what Koopas are called. theydonothing;

Pratt's whole section in the direct was just weird. And I'm not trying to hate on him or anything I have no problem with him as an actor, but it felt like he was either out of it or just phoning it in. The dichotomy between his part and Jack Black's was really noticable. 

Pretty pleased with the trailer overall though. Kinda following the popular opinion, Black as Bowser is great, the visuals and style are phenomenal and Chris Pratt provides his best Chris Pratt voice. I can understand why they didn't use the actual Mario voice. A 90+ minute movie with that sort of voice would honestly probably get grating. But I do hope as we see more there is a bit more to it.

Edited by Igneous42
grammar