Crescent Valley/ Shibuya- N4A Chat Thread - October 2022

18 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

tbh, back in the day when i was younger, Link being in the GCN version was the main thing that got me interested in buying the game despite being unfamiliar and never hearing of the series before then

Same haha. Then it turned out to be a really fun game that I sunk quite a lot of time into!

None of the newer Soul Calibur games that I've played have felt as satisfying to play, and I'm not really sure why. Granted, I haven't put much time into any of them at all, but they didn't click with me in the same way regardless.

Sounds like the new season of Doctor Who is exclusively coming to Disney+ next  year internationally in November 

Think it’s just distribution rights, though? At least that’s what I’ve gathered from the information I’ve seen, anyway 

Not sure if they’ll bring past seasons/series to D+ or not, though- guess I’ll have to keep my eyes on info going forward to see what comes of it

My parents have Disney+, so might consider getting hooked up with that in the future - that’s something could be worth getting Disney+, not sure if there’s anything else on it of interest atm

Haven’t seen any episodes of DW since Capaldi’s first series - been meaning to catch up on the show for a few years, now…

Been meaning to, just… haven’t gotten around to it yet

Not exactly the highest priority at the moment 

_____

Also over the weekend i uninstalled Tower of Fantasy and reinstalled it on Steam - at least from what space i have, anyway

___

Also didn’t realize you could get free games off Epic Games store

Though I suppose it would be obvious, I suppose - but for the time being, I uninstalled Epic Games Launcher

But i went ahead and nabbed Fallout 3, just because it was available 

Not usually my first choice, but I’m not going to turn down a free game if it’s something I’m interested in

Edited by Shadow118

Last night i saw that on a Facebook article that Amazons getting a Fallout series

That’s…. Interesting? I’m not fully sure how to feel about it just yet - especially considering I haven’t heard the best things about what they did with Rings of Power…

But i guess It’s too early to tell, I suppose 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

______

But been working on the first area in Arceus more the past week or so - got more Pokédex entries completely filled out

Also have 5 of those Spiritomb wisps in the area left

Just… not exactly sure where they are

Might have to look at an area map if one exists, because haven’t come across them yet

Thought i saved recently in Arceus, but apparently not because I’m further back than I originally was not long ago 

The several hours i spent in Arceus grinding Research Tasks and resources lost because the damn game crashed just as i turned in about a little over 8 pages of caught Pokémon and pokédex tasks updated 

So that’s just great….. all that time and Pokémon i caught wasted

Going to have to redo the Pokédex tasks i had done before is going to be extremely annoying and time consuming, to…

At least I hadn’t encountered or caught any Shinies in that time frame, so that’s something of a relief, i guess…

On 10/29/2022 at 10:28 PM, Shadow118 said:

Thought i saved recently in Arceus, but apparently not because I’m further back than I originally was not long ago 

The several hours i spent in Arceus grinding Research Tasks and resources lost because the damn game crashed just as i turned in about a little over 8 pages of caught Pokémon and pokédex tasks updated 

So that’s just great….. all that time and Pokémon i caught wasted

Going to have to redo the Pokédex tasks i had done before is going to be extremely annoying and time consuming, to…

At least I hadn’t encountered or caught any Shinies in that time frame, so that’s something of a relief, i guess…

Yikes that sucks. I hope you're able to get them done pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yikes that sucks. I hope you're able to get them done pretty quickly. 

Still think i have to redo a decent amount, though… i forget which ones I previously did, though

Been looking at the dex, thankfully i do save often enough so i still have a decent amount of unreported data to hand in, so there might be a slim chance I’m not as back/behind as i might have thought as previously

Been slightly reworking on it, but looks like I’ll just go down the list and work on things from there

Only have 1 wisp left - not sure which one, but found a online guide so that should help out figuring 

A bit of a stepback from previously, but things happen unexpectedly I suppose

I'll probably dust off my tumblr today because I'd feel more comfortable having something that isn't twitter in case that place goes sideways. It'd be nice I knew where the "we like to draw men kissing" tag is now, because the tags are either banned by default or are full with the dumbest puritans going on about "mLm FeTiShIzAtIoN" and it's really what has made going back to tumblr difficult. 

Really though, I yearn for ye olde web 1.0 days when you could find active forums about whatever topic interested you. Just, I can't quite put it into words, but the overall centralizing of SocMed on a handful of websites algorithmically curating feeds that optimize "engagement" over all else has just felt like it left the web worse off.

oh right. if y'all want to see me infodump into the void, my tumblr is here: https://stephen-776.tumblr.com/

Edited by Stephen 776