Pokemon SV Discussion

EH_STEVE

I've been waiting for this new to finally used my TotK OLED not until I got the confirmation that I can move all the mons I caught in S/V into Pokemon HOME. I don't mind that I have to start my file over when playing S/V on the new Switch (no cloud saves for this game) but the Pokemon I caught I want to them to be in my new game for S/V on my new Switch thru Pokemon HOME. It was also my plan at S/V launch that I would make a new game and transfer my Pokemon from my old file into HOME and then back into a new file for S/V on my new Switch.

It was one thing to redownload all my digital titles but it would be in vain if I couldn't see the 300 out 400 mons I caught in my new S/V file.

I heard rumors like at the start of the month that Pokemon HOME compatibility S/V would occur on the same day release for TotK, it was strange but nothing happened to the launch of TotK for Pokemon HOME compatibility for S/V. Then I hear rumors late last week or earlier this week we will get announcement for Pokemon HOME compatibility for S/V for next week release. This time it panned out.

Finally this is happening they said spring and yes were in spring but by release it would be less than a month till summer were sort of cutting close compare to then the released Pokmon HOME compatibility with Pokemon gen Switch titles it was in late March or April. This DLC for S/V must be taking a lot of their time but don't how much that could affect that.

Either way I hope the DLC shapes up the performance on the base game by some miracle of god, don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun with S/V more than Arceus Legends (and I had a lot of fun with that game) but S/V would be so much more fun with stabler performance.

EDIT: Vid breaking down features for this new version of Pokemon HOME.

Edited by DLurkster
1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

………..

..…..……..

REALLY?

What the shit, indeed?

What happen to dash hopes like mine to finally use my TotK OLED to be told, 'our bad, there's no release date for Pokemon HOME compatibility for S/V'.

I just bought 3 months of HOME yesterday in anticipation for this. I hope we don't have to wait months till we have a release date.

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna make a post yesterday about Pokemon HOME when and here we get a random drop notice, it may be live.

I don't think it's a maybe, from 1-2hrs ago.

Fucking finally. Have my subscription from the last false alarm and I can finally transfer all my Scarlet Pokemon in Pokemon HOME so I can finally DL all the game to my TotK OLED Switch. As I said, I have still be using my V2 Switch for all my gaming, I didn't want DL my games and lose all my Pokemon from Scarlet in the move because of no cloud saves. So I had to wait till Pokemon HOME finally made its way to Pokemon S/V then the chain of events can occurring Transferring Scarlet Pokemon to Pokemon HOME and then finally DL all my games to the new Switch.

What a patience in process, it's been over a month I had this system and I only touch or played on it 4 times in that timeframe because there's nothing saved to play on there.

I think i’d be able to transfer things over but not sure since i need to renew my Home subscription 

Also going to need to renew my NSO subscription pretty soon too..

Already seen quite a few transferred mons in Raids today - I’ve seen at least one or two Shiny legends today

And I don’t know if it’s the lack of connection or from me using my personal hotspot, but trying to get into specific raids to get mystica has been a pain a decent amount 

Also Home has better renders of Shiny Paldean Tauros

If they looked like that in game, i’d like them a lot more

Same with this line - not the best Shinies, but look slightly better in Home… just a bit, anyway

Edited by Shadow118

So.....I started up my Scarlet file on my TotK OLED and my save file is still intact so was my Sword and Shield as well......

What's going on here, I thought GF said these games don't have cloud saves so how did it remember my saves from the old system to the new one?!?

I checked online and under cloud saves and Pokemon gen and gen-like don't support cloud saves. So weird to say and ask, what gives, how is this possible?!?

I guess, I a little annoyed that I got could played this new Switch earlier if the saves were gonna be fine instead of waiting for Pokemon S/V Pokemon HOME compatibility.

What the heck man?!?

On 5/31/2023 at 10:48 PM, DLurkster said:

So.....I started up my Scarlet file on my TotK OLED and my save file is still intact so was my Sword and Shield as well......

What's going on here, I thought GF said these games don't have cloud saves so how did it remember my saves from the old system to the new one?!?

I checked online and under cloud saves and Pokemon gen and gen-like don't support cloud saves. So weird to say and ask, what gives, how is this possible?!?

I guess, I a little annoyed that I got could played this new Switch earlier if the saves were gonna be fine instead of waiting for Pokemon S/V Pokemon HOME compatibility.

What the heck man?!?

So I think I figured out why my saves were intact...

All Switch games are saved locally on the system, the cloud saves only really come into play when you are using multiple Switch and playing the same game and save files between the 2 systems. That makes sense so technically when you migrate all your games and saves from one system to another. You are taking all the local saves and any games the support cloud saves so that is why I still had my saves for the Pokemon Switch games because regardless of cloud saves, all game files are obviously saved locally to the system, duh.

Regardless of that fact, I still deleted my Scarlet save. My plan sometime after playing the game and way before I beat the game, I was gonna delete the save file eventually. I was just waiting for Pokemon HOME compatibility with S/V.;) 

Csi Yeah GIFs | Tenor

• 1 month later...

Yeah, so shortly after the post above I deleted my Pokemon save file.

I just started the file up today, I didn't see in the options you can skip cutscenes so I turned that on once I had control of my character.

I walked to the rivals house at the start the game and I was taken straight to choosing the starter Pokemon....what happened to the cutscene where the Pokemon explore the rival's house?!? Oh, so when they meant skip cutscene game just doesn't play them at all, I thought that was a option to allow me to skip manually, nope. No matter how you look at it don't know why they don't have in-between option or that you have to go to options to a cutscene toggle that is so extreme, what is the point.

In video game, the player should be given the choice to skip cutscenes on their own. Not all the cutscenes in game are worth watching but some are so to take away that choice altogether doesn't make sense. Unless I just missed my first time playing and you can skip cutscenes manually?!?

I am gonna see if you can, if you can that is really weird again you can't skip it on your own.

EDIT: As I thought, you can't manually skip cutscenes, so it's either you tell the game to skip it for you or you watch them, again why such extremes and why not skip cutscenes yourself?!?

Edited by DLurkster

So playing thru Scarlet from the start again has me thinking about DLC release timeframe.

I did always thought it funny, they are releasing so close to each other at the end or near the end of the year with Fall 2023 and Winter 2023.

It's one thing to say something will release in Winter in the northern hemisphere but to specifically say, Winter 2023' for part 2 is like a week and change till the end of the year.

So I wonder if both part will release this fall real close like Fall 2023 and Winter 2023 wasn't close enough or will it release early next Winter 2024? Pokemon rarely or at all delay anything or mainline Pokemon game, with them having strict deadlines with TPC.

So the release dates strange no matter what happens, still curious when it will release; will it be October and November thing or November or December? Those month except the last week in December is Winter so that's the range I suspect we'll get the DLC, October-December obviously. It's just how soon will those releases be within those months?

• 1 month later...

On my journey of starting over in my Scarlet file, (with Pokemon HOME, knowing where you are going skipping trainer battles sure makes the main campaign breeze right by, already up 4 badges!) I was on my way to the mining area and I accidentally started a battle. I humor myself and see if I can run away. Lo and behold, you can but it would be considered a loss and you pay money to the trainer. I don't how or why I am discovering this now but makes since, this is a first in the series that you have initiate the battle so since you can choose that, you can choose to runaway from the battle.

You learn something new everyday!

• 3 weeks later...

Took less than 10 tries but solo my first 7 star raid. I finally earned my 6 star raid today after doing all the prerequisites of the post game in getting 5 stars with facing the gym leader again and doing the ace academy tournament.  Then you have defeat it is either 10-15 star raids, you unlock 6 and then 7 is unlocked at 6 (well once you beat your first 6 star raid)

I honest thought I wouldn't get 6 start till tomorrow. (when this the above special event ends)

Anyways, I almost couldn't get this Unrivaled Pokemon without the help of Austin John Plays. The less than 10 times include having the wrong nature and wrong Tera type. My level and my stats are where he recommend but those 2 elements really threw me a a bit from capture. Obviously more than this method to catch, I see the comments of ppl say what they did but I was curious to try that and I will probably try those methods.

Well if anyone want to get this guy, I can host for you, just make sure you are on Discord for communication.

I'm aware of Shaymin's sky forme and it only being available during the day with the Gracidea flower, what I wasn't aware of if you still have Shaymin in its sky forme as the day progress to night in battle but before the battle ends at night and it's in its normal form, Shaymin sky forme flys/floats at night. (if you have finish the battle and it's night and switch to Shaymin, also well aware Shaymin's sky forme is a grass/flying type) I've been playing a few rounds of the ace academy tournament and noticed Shaymin flying sometime, then I noticed it was at night and I'm like, 'that's cool and all but Shaymin should turn back to it's normal form'. So I played a little more and found out how and why this happens, as I mention at the start of the post.

I think that is cool touch, even few or no one noticed. Also, outside Victini being my fave Pokemon of all time with its exuberance and combing my fave types of pokemon psychic and fire. Shaymin sky form is one I love dearly. It's something about its eyes, the red like handkerchief and partially green legs, that I put in the same league of awesomeness in design. It's base form means nothing to me. (sorry base form Shaymin)

Also, also. I found another Hisuian Deciduye on the map, it will be up for a few hrs and then it will be gone. Anyone let me know on Discord if they want me to host one for them.