Pokemon SV Discussion

EH_STEVE

48 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

reverse.gif

Nod Of Approval GIFs | Tenor

......Anyways before the Pokemon presents last month there were swirls of rumors for Pokemon S/V, (I avoided, mostly) one them was for a new kind of Diglett. It wasn't gonna be a regional form but like a different species.

Well here it is, Wiglett. It sure lives up to its name.awesome;

Edited by DLurkster

I know the 3D/Switch mainline Pokémon titles aren’t technical feats, but man were there some choppy frame rate issues in that video. I get Wiglett is supposed to be a worm or eel, but Game Freak or the Pokémon Company knew that the internet is going to make duck jokes out of this. I hope the shiny colors for Wiglett isn’t just the normal Diglett colors for the sake of avoiding more controversy.

Edited by The Albraskan
  • Chrom featured this topic

New trailer was more of a refresh of most info we knew, but still some interesting things in it still

Like the new Girafarig evolution- almost looks like it’s wearing a Hoodie, which is kind of cute…. Though, I’m not sure if I’ll ever remember how to spell or pronounce the evolutions name - kinda confuses me

The Picnic stuff looks nice, similar to camping in Sw/Sh - making sandwiches is similar to the… whatever we got in Sw/Sh - I can’t remember what the food was called, granted, i didn’t mess around with that too much, honestly 

Seems like Eggs can appear during a Picnic - does that mean breeding centers aren’t going to be in S/V? If so, that’s… going to be a strange change to get used to, though 

Not exactly sure if it’ll still work the same way as breeding centers when it comes to Shiny hunting or not? I’m not sure how that stuff will work- guess I’ll have to wait for others to dig into and figure out that stuff when the game releases

The Let’s Go feature looks interesting and might be useful

Looks like hairstyles and customization options aren’t gender locked or gender neutral? That’s pretty cool

Being able to craft TM’s with materials is interesting - definitely different to past games

Three new Pokémon were snuck and teased in the minimap noticed by some people on Twitter - the mouse looks pretty adorable, the Bird looks nice, the other one looks straight up like a Mario Powerup 😆

Interesting that any Pokémon can be any of the 18 types after Tera-izng, definitely will be interesting 

The snapshot photo stuff looks pretty cool

Still looking forward to this game - going to have to remember to preorder or buy Violet early at some point - about 6 weeks, roughly until release give or take

So November 18th isn’t too far away…

I thought another thread would be made for the new trailer but it's fine to talk about here since it is already.

Oddly enough this cover not what I expected answered to know but I am content what was shown a little more in-depth here. Almost to a point that I am almost content not seeing anymore content on the game not for spoilers but have more surprise. And to some degree when it comes to spoilers in general if I find out something I didn't know I want to know I don't get upset about. It is a first or in a while that I want to be more surprised going into a video game release.

I love the crafting of TM, a real good idea there and tho the picnic is a evolution of amie and camping, cooking curry. I like what I see and seems to improvements there tho to the untrained eye it don't appear to be much.

Edited by DLurkster

More details to the latest Pokemon S/V trailer.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, tho you cannot evolve Pokemon anytime like Arceus, you see Pokemon evolve where they battle. I think is a nice touch.

Ah, I see those Pokemon on the map @TheBarkinHyena was talking about on MK8 night last night. There's actually a few new Pokemon not highlighted in this trailer and they didn't do much effort to hide them...well maybe for one but that one seem like it was a mistake exception tho.

Regardless, looking forward to the release of these game as we approach closer and closer.

I've been avoiding all news of Scarlet/Violet to go in blind, so I'm still running on the first impression when it had the graphics of a passable Wii game. Now I hear about Game Freak shutting down Sword/Shield's online services, not just at the release of the next game, but even BEFORE it.

Pokemon is the most profitable intellectual property in the world, yet Game Freak expects us to believe they're a broke indie developer. I've always been so excited for new Pokemon adventures, but now I can't stomach the thought of enabling Game Freak's greed and disrespect for the players.

A friend of mine who's seen some subsequent reveals for SV says he feels like he's grown out of Pokemon--he's just played SS, the already-unfinished game so easy it beats itself and BDSP, the remake with less content than the original. So I assume SV's looking like another bland step back like XY. Which is a shame because usually Game Freak's second launch per console is a homerun (BW and SM). Any spoiler-free hopes for SV being a change in direction rather than solidifying this new era of cash grabs?

2 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

I've been avoiding all news of Scarlet/Violet to go in blind, so I'm still running on the first impression when it had the graphics of a passable Wii game. Now I hear about Game Freak shutting down Sword/Shield's online services, not just at the release of the next game, but even BEFORE it.

Pokemon is the most profitable intellectual property in the world, yet Game Freak expects us to believe they're a broke indie developer. I've always been so excited for new Pokemon adventures, but now I can't stomach the thought of enabling Game Freak's greed and disrespect for the players.

A friend of mine who's seen some subsequent reveals for SV says he feels like he's grown out of Pokemon--he's just played SS, the already-unfinished game so easy it beats itself and BDSP, the remake with less content than the original. So I assume SV's looking like another bland step back like XY. Which is a shame because usually Game Freak's second launch per console is a homerun (BW and SM). Any spoiler-free hopes for SV being a change in direction rather than solidifying this new era of cash grabs?

The fact that it's open world with no specific gym order and 3 different stories you (seem to be able to) do separately is enough to give me hope.

11 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

The fact that it's open world with no specific gym order and 3 different stories you (seem to be able to) do separately is enough to give me hope.

The "open world" thing ACTUALLY being open world sounds like a relief--that plus the news about Masuda stepping down from his directing role last year or so. Suppose I'll just have to wait until the reviews are out to see if this game has actually brought back challenge and postgame content (die, EXP Share All, die).

There's Pokemon S/V preview out and about the net today.

In case those want to be surprised on features and stuff, I'll put the vids from Gamexplain in spoiler tags. (The vids below just go more in-depth about that 14 minute trailer we got a few weeks back btw)

20 details that might be neat to know about Pokemon S/V.

Spoiler

An possible answer on level scaling in-game.

Spoiler

In-depth vid on what was experienced at the 1hr preview event, level scaling and more...

Spoiler