Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12, 2023

EH_STEVE

4 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

This is very true. Like most big things in games and irl, (case by case for irl) they seem intimidating but with thinking it thru and observation. You realize it not that difficult to beat.

And it took me WAY too long to figure it out. Like after 8-10 fights I'd say.

Random non-spoiler thoughts:

Link humming old Zelda tunes when cooking is fantastic. I actually watch the animation most of the time.

Ascension and Hylian Pinecones help so much with the climbing drag of BotW.

Sorting materials by Type/Fuse Power/Most Used is a MASSIVE help.

The Recipe system for remaking the same dishes you've done before is fantastic.

Matt Mercer did a phenomenal job.

Revisiting old memorable spots from BotW is worth it like 95% of the time.

The Stables carrying over your registered horses from your BotW file was a great addition.

Speaking of Stables, I feel they are far more lively/important this time each with at least 4 "quests"

The "Let's Rebuild Hyrule" supply stations was a wonderfully creative way to randomly put building supplies around the map.

The story gave new life and changes to the existing map, making exploring it all over again feel fresh.

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

And it took me WAY too long to figure it out. Like after 8-10 fights I'd say.

There about to me.

I fought the Cubix looking dude on the way to Zora domain sky islands. Tho, I mentioned the same 8-10 times, I feel like it was more 5 attempts cause I remember the motions by count that I kept getting close to beat it.

In relation, I wanted to go back to the Great Sky Island as I could reach with a paraglider so I didn't go back to it till after the fight on the Zora islands

6 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Random non-spoiler thoughts:

Link humming old Zelda tunes when cooking is fantastic. I actually watch the animation most of the time.

Ascension and Hylian Pinecones help so much with the climbing drag of BotW.

Sorting materials by Type/Fuse Power/Most Used is a MASSIVE help.

The Recipe system for remaking the same dishes you've done before is fantastic.

Matt Mercer did a phenomenal job.

Revisiting old memorable spots from BotW is worth it like 95% of the time.

The Stables carrying over your registered horses from your BotW file was a great addition.

Speaking of Stables, I feel they are far more lively/important this time each with at least 4 "quests"

The "Let's Rebuild Hyrule" supply stations was a wonderfully creative way to randomly put building supplies around the map.

The story gave new life and changes to the existing map, making exploring it all over again feel fresh.

Yeah, I always skip the cooking part of the meal in BotW, I do not now.

It is so worth it.

EDIT: The biggest and best nod, gotta go to the legend of Zelda theme Link's hums. I believe it is the longest, not by much but I don't know just from that I can tell Link must have some pipes for singing, lol.

Edited by DLurkster

Finally beat the final boss. 

Spoiler

He is by far the Best Ganondorf fight ever. Using the weapons you can parry, and that MFer uses the parry against me too! Before the fight, I had about half of my hearts broken, which took me down to seven, and I didn’t prepare for the fight. His techniques are no joke too. Timing is everything here, and I found the right time for parrying against his parrying in the wee hours.  

And then the MFer turns into a dragon, and you battle him with Zelda, who turned into another dragon! 

And the ending moments are better too.

Tears of the Kingdom is miles better than BOTW, even though it has its problems too. I’ll post my review later, since this is a huge game. About three times larger thank BOTW. That 70$… is honestly justifiable. 

Still running around guideless:

400 Korok Seeds found

Energy Well maxed

Compendium done (paid for about 35% of it)

10 Wells left

17 "Frogs" left

3 Sage's Will left

Molduga Medal earned

2 Gleeok left

Like 9 sidequests left (need to find em first...)

Probably about 30-40% of Depths left

STILL HAVEN'T FOUND THE DAMN HYLIAN SHIELD!

On 6/4/2023 at 1:00 AM, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Choose bow, choose fuse, press up on D-Pad and select material.

Yeah it takes a little getting used to, basically you just need your bow out for combat, then hold up on d-pad. I do wish you could've just MADE arrows though...