Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12, 2023

EH_STEVE

WILD DISCOVERY!

So the mcguffin dungeon bosses, you can fight them in the Depths somewhere. I don't think it is random, it is set in the location. (I found one near the chasm hole near Kakariko Village)

Also, I am not sure if they respawn with blood moon meaning if they did, you can fight them anytime you want. Tho the reward you get from them a Huge Crystallized charge. (Those net you 100 of those babies, which can give you one Energy well of your Zonai batteries.

Finished!!

Credits (really not spoiler-y):

Spoiler

credits.jpg.64cd04fdcf3541f38c983ddbc7ae5087.jpg

Percentage (you can see like 4-5 notable areas):

Spoiler

percent.jpg.d1f836ee1345ff6f6ce4e69ef5f73e1e.jpg

Loading screen collectibles (spoilers):

Spoiler

collections.jpg.8b9dee602a88409034fa8c489f551ba9.jpg

No idea on playtime, couldn't figure out how to check that....

Thoughts and whatnot later, have like 400 work emails to get through.

So, release day, I get up at 6:00 and caffeinate, then bus out to the store for 7:30 opening. I'm 30 mins early and 58th in line. Everything's preordered, so no worries. By the time the store opens, the line is twice as long and growing. I finally reach checkout at 8:30, grab an amiibo in addition to Collector's Edition and Pro Controller (a second amiibo was on its way from Best Buy). I uber home, take a two hour power nap, caffeinate, and play from 11AM to 11PM, straight. This basically is my routine for the next 10 days, with mild interruptions for food, washroom, getting groceries. Also the start time is more like 8:30am and end times 10PM-11:30PM.

Finished yesterday at 4:00PM. No guides (including the in-game ones), and no amiibos. Was offline the entire time, not even doing email or facebook. It was glorious.

@EH_STEVE: Well it sounds like you went for the meat of the quest to finish in 10 days, outside the Shrines and Korok Seeds. Oh, I sure it is possible with dedication and time to put in.

Yeah, if I had time off, I don't think I could just go thru the main quest only. I get so side tracked easy and more so in this game. I am seeing what Aonuma was saying this game is like Majora's Mask, (my fav Zelda game) not only in tone but the NPC of  this Hyrule. That was there to a small degree in BotW but not only did they take the gameplay and the word but ppl of Hyrule are truly alive with day to day tasks and I love so much because that is what I loved the most about MM.

As long as you enjoyed yourself that's all that matters. Everyone plays differently when it comes to video games. We saw this with BotW and again here with TotK. Man, Zelda just taking what they did in Botw to a whole another level in TotK and I fucking love it too!

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

@EH_STEVE: Well it sounds like you went for the meat of the quest to finish in 10 days, outside the Shrines and Korok Seeds. Oh, I sure it is possible with dedication and time to put in.

Yeah, if I had time off, I don't think I could just go thru the main quest only. I get so side tracked easy and more so in this game. I am seeing what Aonuma was saying this game is like Majora's Mask, (my fav Zelda game) not only in tone but the NPC of  this Hyrule. That was there to a small degree in BotW but not only did they take the gameplay and the word but ppl of Hyrule are truly alive with day to day tasks and I love so much because that is what I loved the most about MM.

As long as you enjoyed yourself that's all that matters. Everyone plays differently when it comes to video games. We saw this with BotW and again here with TotK. Man, Zelda just taking what they did in Botw to a whole another level in TotK and I fucking love it too!

If you click the "loading screen" spoiler you'll see how much collectibles I got. It was not just main story for me. 10 days was still 100+ hours for me (how do I check playtime on Switch?).

I found 181 Korok seeds, out of 1000  and got enough frogs for all of the trades, plus about another 18. Those alone (as well as place names if they did that again) are going to be huge chunks of the missing completion.

I'm still in awe of just how much they ADDED to this game. Like it has all of BotW in it (pretty much), plus they took BotW's amiibo and DLC outfits and added them in to main game. Plus adding the Sky, the Depths, the Well and Cave systems, more Shrines than BotW had, more NPC interactions, more materials, more everything. Utterly incredible.

5 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

If you click the "loading screen" spoiler you'll see how much collectibles I got. It was not just main story for me. 10 days was still 100+ hours for me (how do I check playtime on Switch?).

I found 181 Korok seeds, out of 1000  and got enough frogs for all of the trades, plus about another 18. Those alone (as well as place names if they did that again) are going to be huge chunks of the missing completion.

Yeah, I seen that screen that is why I mentioned in addition to the main story you did most of the shrines and not even a quarter of the Korok Seeds. You can probably do more with less with inventory but unless you are getting armor, unlock the fairies and upgrade armor. You need to do the Shrines no matter how fast or main story focus you are going.

As for hours check of a Switch game, I haven't kept track how many days playing a game it finally converts to hrs but your math must be correct. It still says 10 days for me and I think I am over 30-40hrs in. I just got Hero's Path last night, lol and it says it covers 256hrs of gameplay.

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, I seen that screen that is why I mentioned in addition to the main story you did most of the shrines and not even a quarter of the Korok Seeds. You can probably do more with less with inventory but unless you are getting armor, unlock the fairies and upgrade armor. You need to do the Shrines no matter how fast or main story focus you are going.

As for hours check of a Switch game, I haven't kept track how many days playing a game it finally converts to hrs but your math must be correct. It still says 10 days for me and I think I am over 30-40hrs in. I just got Hero's Path last night, lol and it says it covers 256hrs of gameplay.

Ahh, I took your post as "for 10 days you only did story". My mistake. And honestly with the sheer volume of Koroks, I almost feel like they don't count. You can stumble across tons of them incidentally. Sometimes I'd just sticker the map and move on, sometimes I'd get it.

I did max out 5 pieces of armor, and a few sets to level 2. But I found money tight in this game, mind you I didn't do too much selling because I never knew what materials would be needed for armor upgrades (as I plan on maxing out all of them) despite all the mining I did. I think that's also why my weapons sucked for a large portion of the game, I didn't know what should be kept for armor upgrades, or what were solely for Fusion uses.

14 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Ahh, I took your post as "for 10 days you only did story". My mistake. And honestly with the sheer volume of Koroks, I almost feel like they don't count. You can stumble across tons of them incidentally. Sometimes I'd just sticker the map and move on, sometimes I'd get it.

I did max out 5 pieces of armor, and a few sets to level 2. But I found money tight in this game, mind you I didn't do too much selling because I never knew what materials would be needed for armor upgrades (as I plan on maxing out all of them) despite all the mining I did. I think that's also why my weapons sucked for a large portion of the game, I didn't know what should be kept for armor upgrades, or what were solely for Fusion uses.

Understandable about what not to sell, when you haven't dig into what materials you need to upgrade so selling stuff becomes hard without that knowledge.

Come to think of it, I don't think I 100% all the armor in BotW. I got them all and I maybe 80% all the armor. So we'll if I go for 100% here.

9 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Understandable about what not to sell, when you haven't dig into what materials you need to upgrade so selling stuff becomes hard without that knowledge.

Come to think of it, I don't think I 100% all the armor in BotW. I got them all and I maybe 80% all the armor. So we'll if I go for 100% here.

My first play of BotW I maxed every piece of every armor out. I plan on doing the same.

3 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Dumbass question... just fall off back deck to land in/on hyrule?  My flying wings keep dying out and I plumet to my death...

LOL...should have just fallen... SMH....

Aim for the bushes! :P

But no really, just like you figured just let yourself fall until you're near the ground and deploy your glider.  Either that or dive, direct yourself towards a body of water and hope you land in it XD

Edited by Kezay
13 hours ago, Stephen 776 said:

Okay, so how are you supposed to handle gloom hands? Surely there's something better than just eating attack up+++ and spamming bomb arrows. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Bomb arrows was the only way I could figure out. A double-spear would probably work though.

17 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

They become ridiculously easy when you figure out the "right" way to beat them

This is very true. Like most big things in games and irl, (case by case for irl) they seem intimidating but with thinking it thru and observation. You realize it not that difficult to beat.