Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12, 2023

EH_STEVE

JMO on the SE stuff:

I'm fine with black. white, gold, and green being used for a Zelda SE JC, dock, Pro, case....   However, all of these are ugly IMO.  I think there was a better way to do the JCs, especially with how sweet the Skyward Sword pair are.  It just doesn't look coherent.  The dock looks off with so much white and no green.  The Pro controller kind of has some cool patterns but the one white grip looks odd as hell in the design layouts.  How the gold trickles up and around also just look odd.  The case is ok, but nothing special.   But with all these circles in the designs, I', left wondering what the big deal with them is.  Seems too on purpose to be coincidence.

Gold Zelda Wiimote looked way better.  The SS JCs looked way better.  Even some of the designs for the SE 3DSs looked better.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I think there was a better way to do the JCs, especially with how sweet the Skyward Sword pair are. 

My opinion but despite how these JC look to you I think they are better than the Skyward Sword pair. (and I really like those JC too)

I don't see to me how the Skyward Sword JC look better than these but to each their own. Yeah, there was some symmetry (if you can call it that with Skyward Sword JC with the sword symbol and shield symbol around but those JC were two different colors in another way than these JC) Skyward Sword JC.

But these ones are just on another level when it come to the intricacy of the controller and color, to me. I get why it is like this. So as you said you don't get it so that is a part of the reason why you don't like these JC, to each their own again.

34 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Wow Nintendo really saw all the crazy videos of people doing crazy stuff with Stasis and whatnot in Breath of the Wild and said "let's up the ante" didn't they? Can't wait to see what people cook up with these new abilities.

Pretty much.

I knew the reason this game was taking this long was because some crazy new mechanics, well here they are! Like the original game, its physics had to be constantly tested.

These mechanics had to be thoroughly tested to make sure no bugs popped up. This concept seems limitless but because of that a lot of testing had to be done to make sure nothing glitchy happens.

So cool how this turn out and their hard work is gonna pay off.

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I missed the Wal-mart one this morning and I got there within 10 minutes. Sold out.

The BBY one within 20 minutes and it was still in stock (I think they had more stock, Wal-mart came back and sold out again)

Also, no FOMO why I got this and I rather get as a trade, there just won't be any to trade the day it sales. Tho, I would like answer if I should PO but I was left with no choice with how I know the stock works with these things.

Man, selling my V2 Switch just have to see how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say the wooden plaque is cooler, that's wood my dude.

If I knew how big the scroll is I think I might be more on board but it's too ambiguous to know how big or small it is.

Then again, what do I know. I can't get any of these not because one of them is sold out but this is US only for these stores and I'm up here in Canada.

I saw maybe a few days ago or a week ago we have store exclusives too but I didn't pay them any mind not that they weren't intriguing but I'm just lucky I was able to get CE and the TotK OLED. Tho, I was reluctant, I might as well. My Zelda bias will always win tho not necessary to get those versions. (well there's a reason for the OLED, recently)

6 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Fuck maybe I do want to see it.

Someone watch it and tag me if it's spoiler-free. Basically not giving (much) more away than the previous trailers and gameplay shown.

You are something else. I really thought you might stick to not seeing this final trailer no matter what.

If I around or available, will let you know if it's spoiler-free. Well anyone can but, I got you.

12 hours ago, DLurkster said:

You are something else. I really thought you might stick to not seeing this final trailer no matter what.

If I around or available, will let you know if it's spoiler-free. Well anyone can but, I got you.

I knowwwww. Usually I do allow myself official trailers only. I avoid the "breakdown", "what you missed", etc type analysis videos and theory discussions as well as I usually avoid any gameplay footage. I watched it this time, but like if there was a Nintendo Treehouse type gameplay showcase, I would skip it.

Part of me is "it's a month away, no more info", but a bigger part is "ZELDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and wants to see it. Being that it's an official trailer, the last one at that, it's likely to be a "get yourself hyped up" type trailer. So as long as any new STORY info seems to be early game, I'm good with that.

@EH_STEVE : I know you said only mention you, if it is spoiler free but I thought to say, I think you would think this trailer would be a minor spoiler, well at least when it comes to a few characters and the locations in spoilerest order.

The thing about gameplay mechanics it is out of context similar to locations than characters and that is sprinkled in there with character and location spoilers.

So yeah, avoid at your best if you somehow see or you succumb to the trailer.

Tho, I got to say and I think you already know this but this game is fucking beautiful, this trailer really displayed more so than ever.

That's it and all I am gonna say.