Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12, 2023

EH_STEVE

On 2/11/2023 at 3:37 PM, Eliwood8 said:

Go for it. I haven't thought too much about theories, but there's a lot to pick apart in that latest trailer.

Oh, thank you~ :D

I just couldn’t help but notice how many abilities this Link seems to have from previous Links. We see him morphing through solid surfaces like in A Link Between Worlds, riding things seemingly  back through time, obviously the Skyward Sword floating island jumps, and then we’ve got that jacked arm of his that looked like it’s what was responsible for keeping Ganon sealed all this time. Zelda’s beseeching someone to lend him their power, and it’s kinda striking me as his previous incarnations at this point. Especially, considering this Hyrule is a convergence of the previous ones…don’t think it’d be too far outside the realm of possible.

That’s all I got for now, but I think it’d certainly be interesting if that was the case. :]

So, you're a believer of the timelines converging, huh?

Makes sense with the chock full of references in BotW.

But after hearing Aonuma say on a few occasions, he likes to hear what fans thinks what their take on the timeline is.... I can respect that on one hand but on another hand, give it to us straight; we know BotW takes place at the end of all Zelda games so far and they don't converge, nor does take place at either 3 split timeline. So that is why and also again with the Zelda reference of old that some ppl think BotW is converge Zelda world.

Give it up, old man tell us where BotW and TotK take place?

15 hours ago, Uni said:

Oh, thank you~ :D

I just couldn’t help but notice how many abilities this Link seems to have from previous Links. We see him morphing through solid surfaces like in A Link Between Worlds, riding things seemingly  back through time, obviously the Skyward Sword floating island jumps, and then we’ve got that jacked arm of his that looked like it’s what was responsible for keeping Ganon sealed all this time. Zelda’s beseeching someone to lend him their power, and it’s kinda striking me as his previous incarnations at this point. Especially, considering this Hyrule is a convergence of the previous ones…don’t think it’d be too far outside the realm of possible.

That’s all I got for now, but I think it’d certainly be interesting if that was the case. :]

Interesting. The one thing that did jump out at me from the latest trailer was that one shot of a three-headed dragon, maybe a reference to Gleeok, so maybe little bits of every game are converging here, enemies and Link abilities.

Well, when I went to pick up TOS at Gamestop, I asked in vain if they still had TotK CE? They said no, it sold the same day it was released n hours at the store I was at.

Oh well, it would been nice to get it day one instead of waiting a weekend, a long long weekend to delivery from Wal-Mart.

At least I got the CE for the heck of it, just have to see when I get if it I still feel like I do now.  Will this be something I will enjoy owning the bonuses for.

Spoilers is out already!!!

Spoiler

Tho, the guy mentions he won't show any images of the spoiler, he still does and even if he didn't I would still put this vid in spoiler tag.

This is somewhat serious business! Basically the artbook from the TotK CE someone in Japan have it and has been posting the pages to the internet!

So yeah, just thought to share so ppl be careful of spoiler.

Also, what this guy videos for year and yeah, he talks fast but this the first I seen him tripping like he did in this vid.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:21 PM, DLurkster said:

So, you're a believer of the timelines converging, huh?

Makes sense with the chock full of references in BotW.

But after hearing Aonuma say on a few occasions, he likes to hear what fans thinks what their take on the timeline is.... I can respect that on one hand but on another hand, give it to us straight; we know BotW takes place at the end of all Zelda games so far and they don't converge, nor does take place at either 3 split timeline. So that is why and also again with the Zelda reference of old that some ppl think BotW is converge Zelda world.

Give it up, old man tell us where BotW and TotK take place?

Lol yep - firm believer and sticking to it unless the powers that be explicitly state otherwise. ;)

Don’t know if it was known before but saw a post on Twitter and looks like we’re getting DLC for TotK

I don’t recall seeing anything gere about it either unless I didn’t notice it at all

Way too early to speculate, but i wonder if there’s a chance it’s going to contain any new or returning Armor from BotW? Not sure if we could get extra Glider styles?

Or a couple of challenges modes like the BotW ones unless they decide to include that from the start in the base game

Other than that, i have no other ideas… wonder if we’ll get a TotK specific direct in March or April

8 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Don’t know if it was known before but saw a post on Twitter and looks like we’re getting DLC for TotK

I don’t recall seeing anything gere about it either unless I didn’t notice it at all

Way too early to speculate, but i wonder if there’s a chance it’s going to contain any new or returning Armor from BotW? Not sure if we could get extra Glider styles?

Or a couple of challenges modes like the BotW ones unless they decide to include that from the start in the base game

Other than that, i have no other ideas… wonder if we’ll get a TotK specific direct in March or April

LoL, I just seen this.

Wasn't gonna post here but I definitely didn't when someone replied to HMK stating, that the 2 asterisks are misleading. It is corrected later on the site the that the DLC refers to the gold points to purchase DLC.

Despite that snapfu, I think most think Zelda fan or not there will be DLC for this game. If not, I am cool with that as well. Not all will be disappointed or upset. (not like some other recently announced Nintendo DLC...)

Also with the exception of FE Engage coming out this year has a expansion pass. No other Nintendo game beyond January or May will have DLC for the Switch. All that we know of are ending this year, MK8DX, Pokemon, FE Engage, Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Releasing DLC for TotK in the middle of the year takes to make and market. I just think there's no way there's DLC for TotK, be nice but not expected not needed for particularly.

Not to feed into the successor of the Switch hype. Yes, it will be launched soon but all this DLC ending this year kinda points to Nintendo packing up the shop to get ready for the next thing to me. But you didn't hear this from me. The next Switch is year from now, not next year. Yeah....not next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless, if we get a direct....these possibilities sound reasonable but I am not to cave myself in that corner if we don't get a Direct.

I am almost as content with the wait till release if nothing happens between now and its release. Just be nice to get a breadcrumb of information but it is what it is...for now. 

27 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

A lot can be said/shown in 10m, but the what will be interesting .  I should be able to watch this in full on my lunch @11:15.

What game are you talking, that 10 minutes is enough in BotW like game?

Maybe 20 minutes but no one wants to to show 20 minutes of game, no matter the length.

So 10 minutes is a good comprise, of course what is shown is vital not to spoil but enough to maybe go over some game mechanics we seen in trailers so far.

That pretty much what we may see. I guess me be a big Zelda fan I want more but at the same time I can predict what can be shown in that time. Even so, if you only played BotW and no Zelda game, 10 minutes is not enough for how big TotK. Again, still comes down what they show that is absolutely vital to show in that time.

Watched the Direct just now 

The new abilities look pretty cool - the Fuse ability especially looks interesting and fun

And the Oled edition looks really nice - If I didn’t already have the Splatoon one, I’d get this, even if it’s tempting 

Because damn this edition looks good

Really like the Joy-Con and Dock

Not sure if there’s printing on the Switch itself though from the one image i saw

The Pro Controller and case look really nice too- Might pick up those up

Could use a new Switch case anyway

….

Reminds me i still need to finish off BotW though first

Also, probably will get this and another game with a set of Switch vouchers with another game

Thinking Splatoon 3… though a few other games are equally of interest 

Edited by Shadow118
On 3/27/2023 at 12:16 PM, DLurkster said:

So 10 minutes is a good comprise, of course what is shown is vital not to spoil but enough to maybe go over some game mechanics we seen in trailers so far.

Pretty much happened, you can't really spoil something that you are simply expanding previously on like the mechanics of this game.

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

I believe I said, I have reason to get this but in recent weeks of playing my V2 Switch of 2019 portably. Thee battery isn't what it used to be, it's probably been like that a while and it didn't helped that the system was always in the dock when fully charged too.

That said, I also said this is not a bad looking system but my Switch is fine and I don't need multiple systems. The battery not as good as I remember, has shift me to get this. Tho, I don't play portable often, it's still worth it to get. (There's something off with the controller, too much going on with the black, gold and the white. If it was gold and white or gold and black but there's something weird going on that I am not vibing with that controller)

I want to trade in the Switch I have now for this system. Would that even be possible in how hard it will be to get?!? Do I just sell my older Switch once I get this OLED system all up and running?

What should I do?