Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12, 2023

EH_STEVE

2 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I have all versions of the first HW with all the DLC on them.

When I said "it's a warriors game" it's more that it's spin-off Zelda content, and not mainline Zelda, so it had less priority. 

Ah, that makes sense.

Both HW games are non canon but man Age of Calamity really took us for a spin how they advertise it as canon despite how great the story is there tho gotta throw suspension of belief with all this back and froth time travel even more crazy then Skyward and Oot.

Well.... I am really flabbergasted about controller(s) and hit box detection in the BotW DLC packs now that I am prepping for BotW2 with them.  I am really strugging with the Rohta Chigah shrine in terms of hit boxes with the spikes... and somehow my controller and/or character movement on screen being off somehow where I mysteriously will crouch for no reason, move in the camera to a bad angle, and somehow hit spikes when I am not close enough to them for them to get me....  I'm at controller throwing level of frustration with the BS deaths I am cumulating in this shrine. 

DL, if you catch this... my JCs or my pro didn't matter, although my Pro felt smoother with the issues I was talking about last night.  Its not a drift issue.

@purple_beard: I don't want to say again like I said on the Smash night, that you don't know the difference between hit detection and stick drift but again you are describing different things because they are 2 different things.

Hit detection is your character in the game and how the interact with the background, by time or reaction. While stick drift is when the camera or character of the game is moving all by themselves without your input.

You said it yourself on the Smash night, that you don't recall how JC drift would even feel like in BotW and understandable but I also said despite that stick drift is stick drift no matter the game or the controller. Glad you confirm all your controllers are doing the same thing, it is frustrating to be sure but at least you know than still figuring out controllers.

Now with that said, I also told you that I was playing BotW the same night you were playing. I wasn't gonna bring this up as you sound uncertain you had stick drift but I have experience this in my BotW base game world. So take that as it is.

15 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beard: I don't want to say again like I said on the Smash night, that you don't know the difference between hit detection and stick drift but again you are describing different things because they are 2 different things.

Hit detection is your character in the game and how the interact with the background, by time or reaction. While stick drift is when the camera or character of the game is moving all by themselves without your input.

You said it yourself on the Smash night, that you don't recall how JC drift would even feel like in BotW and understandable but I also said despite that stick drift is stick drift no matter the game or the controller. Glad you confirm all your controllers are doing the same thing, it is frustrating to be sure but at least you know than still figuring out controllers.

Now with that said, I also told you that I was playing BotW the same night you were playing. I wasn't gonna bring this up as you sound uncertain you had stick drift but I have experience this in my BotW base game world. So take that as it is.

Drift would be the controller seems to be working against you...like holding stick forward but character veers left...it isn't that..it's more like a under/overcorrecting 

16 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Drift would be the controller seems to be working against you...like holding stick forward but character veers left...it isn't that..it's more like a under/overcorrecting 

Oh, now I see what you are talking about.

Going old school with that drift description. The last I experience what you are talking about is more in the N64 and the odd or 2 times on GC, not like using the GC controller for modern games today, not at all.

So yeah stick drift is like I said the camera or the character walking on their own without you inputting anything at all. Not a work against you thing.

Look it up and see if anyone has experience the drift you think you are experiencing. I assure it is the one I describe not the one you describe.

As mentioned in this video and anyone who bought amiibo during the zestiest and the last few years at its lowest demand...amiibo are not the hotness they used to be but BotW and its upcoming sequel sure can be a reason for new TotK amiibo come out.

But I am not gonna hold my breath for a new release Zelda surge in more popularity or lack of demand for amiibo. I think its obvious the previous BotW amiibo will work with TotK, will they work like they mentioned in the vid, who knows and personally don't care. Slightly more on that fact, if there's no amiibo compatibility at all of TotK, not losing sleep over that too. I will take what form amiibo functionality, either at all, reuse old BotW amiibo or new ones. So overall, I guess you can say I'm different if there's amiibo functionality in TotK or not.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Destiny Hero said:

$70 price tag! Wow. That's new. I've been actively avoiding spoilers to go in as blind as possible but considering that this game has been in development for SIX FREAKING YEARS, it probably deserves its price tag... waaaaaaaaaay more than certain remasters Nintendo has been churning out.

Ya know... they said CE in the Direct.... but these POs I've seen don't say CE at all... YET....   Wondering if $70 is the CE?

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Ya know... they said CE in the Direct.... but these POs I've seen don't say CE at all... YET....   Wondering if $70 is the CE?

What does CE mean?

(I've rarely been able to look at Nintendo news over the past year since I'm still waiting on a Pokemon SV patch to play it, so please talk to me like I am a wild boy recently pulled from the den of the wolves who raised him. Electric lights scare me and I don't know how to walk in shoes.)

5 minutes ago, Destiny Hero said:

What does CE mean?

(I've rarely been able to look at Nintendo news over the past year since I'm still waiting on a Pokemon SV patch to play it, so please talk to me like I am a wild boy recently pulled from the den of the wolves who raised him. Electric lights scare me and I don't know how to walk in shoes.)

Collector's Edition o_O

24 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

No. I think in the Direct they said the CE IS $130 but it was leaked before the Direct the game is $70.

Or just look at Eli's post in the spoiler tag and you will see the prices listed:

Just now, DLurkster said:

No. I think in the Direct they said the CE IS $130 but it was leaked before the Direct the game is $70.

Or just look at Eli's post in the spoiler tag and you will see the prices listed:

Yeah, based on a NL article I just read...

Not saying this game won't be packed full of goodies but...$70 for a less than PS5/XBX seems a little steep IMO.  Especially when we know DLC and amiibo(s) are coming too...

Just now, purple_beard said:

Yeah, based on a NL article I just read...

Not saying this game won't be packed full of goodies but...$70 for a less than PS5/XBX seems a little steep IMO.  Especially when we know DLC and amiibo(s) are coming too...

Well, the besides obvious Zelda bias aside. If one really wants this game, ppl will buy the game almost no matter the price.

For me, it doesn't matter.

As most know now, development cost have gone up this gen so its hard justify the $60. I see that and get that outside if anyone wants to buy a game franchise they really want, it will be bought.

It's harder to think in line what ppl look at the Switch as but despite that, development cost can go up with just time as well like advancement in console power. So I am looking at it from 2 perspective that I am a major fan of Zelda so I will buy but it's been development for most of the Switch's life up to now So I think it warrants the $10 raise.

Just have to see if any big titles like Zelda are left to release on Switch. What will warrant it if the time doesn't seem like it put into it.

Metroid Prime 4 might be a candidate. Just have to see.

@DLurkster https://www.gamestop.ca/Switch/Games/904637/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-collectors-edition

It doesn't seem to work anymore, but when I first check it showed me the page, let me click add to cart, but couldn't check out. Unsure if sold out or inactive, because if it sold out I figure the page would still be up and showing as sold out but now it just sends to home page. But that's the link I had in my browser history that was showing me the product.