Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12, 2023

EH_STEVE

So I heard that the reason why the Direct wasn't livestream was because of the title of this game.

That's understandable.

That aside, very, very hype for this game and can't wait to see more. Less than 8 month till release. So much they got to do to advertise so I wonder when it will start?

24 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

So I heard that the reason why the Direct wasn't livestream was because of the title of this game.

That's understandable.

That aside, very, very hype for this game and can't wait to see more. Less than 8 month till release. So much they got to do to advertise so I wonder when it will start?

Yeah, that's got to be that main reason why the Direct wasn't livestreamed in the UK and why they were even debating to delay the Direct in the first place. Nintendo can't catch a break. First Advance Wars 1 +2 on Switch and  the war on Ukraine and now BotW 2's name reveal and the passing of the Queen. Just bad timing. I wonder if Nintendo will get any backlash from the title of this game?

Edited by alienboyva
1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah, that's got to be that main reason why the Direct wasn't livestreamed in the UK and why they were even debating to delay the Direct in the first place. Nintendo can't catch a break. First Advance Wars 1 +2 on Switch and  the war on Ukraine and now BotW 2's name reveal and the passing of the Queen. Just bad timing.

I wonder if Nintendo will get any backlash from the title of this game?

Time will tell.

I am not really watching what ppl around the world are saying about this title but right now it appears all is fine.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Time will tell.

I am not really watching what ppl around the world are saying about this title but right now it appears all is fine.

Yep. If they do receive any, hopefully it's very minor. Though, I can see people making jokes about it, mainly comedians, like late night hosts.

Speaking of the title, I wonder how dark this game will be..? It seems this is going to be BotW's Majora's Mask.

Now that I am think what would be spoiler-y for the game title, I don't see it.

Where I think the spoiler would be is the logo, more so on the master sword appearance.

As for how dark as Eiji Aonuma says it would be may be red herring. I saw this mentioned on Twitter, what if the game title word Tears is not for teardrop but like when some tears in general; like tearing paper. I think either would work for tears as sadness or tears as we see land up in the sky like they were torn from the ground.

Tho, I think they tears is pronounced slightly different tears teardrop rolls more mentally in mind then think tears land from the Kingdom of Hyrule.

Am I wrong in thinking this or does it make sense either?

So apparently the name is not offensive?

Tho, now I am wondering the title was the supposed spoiler for the game but how have they had this name on lock? Was this part of the delay process or was it always there but a spoiler?

I ask because I recall when we first saw XC 3, Takahashi said the Uryran titan and Mechonis Sword were the first concept to before XC 3 started development and when XC 2 was starting or ending its development.

When it comes to TV, movie and games how thing are developed are not in order so Tears of the Kingdom could been later in development or when Nintendo first thought to not reveal its name for some reason.

Even before the name reveal so many ppl after BotW and announcement of the sequel, there's been so much Zonai vid. Very few Twili vids and if there's any relation to the Zonai that or were separately talked about.

Blade of Twili makes sense to me only for the the reason of Sol and the yellow orbs of light in Tears of the Kingdom, tho the sol in TP was more of sepia white digress the iconography just screams Twili but I can accept Zonai too.

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Might finally do my botw dlc pack b4 took.

But how about getting to hw:aoc? 

*not 100% sure where  I left off....

Huh, do you have the BotW DLC or not? Or asking if you should get it?

Ah, I re-read the first part, I got the beginning but what took me for a loop is your acronym for TotK, I think you meant to say that and that just throw off all what you wanted to say about play BotW DLC before TotK. I follow now.

As for Age of Calamity, that's all you bro. It's for some or most to continue where every they left to continue where you are. Those are the kind of game you gotta kinda finish to the end. Not to completion. (unless your like that or with all game)

There's also DLC for Age of Calamity too, I thought I was missing out when I didn't get at launch but eventually got sometime after 2 part DLC already came out. Well, I don't if just wasn't doing it for me or content was meh at best to me but I somewhat regret (great emphasis on somewhat) getting it but it is what is and I love the Warrior theme games and the DLC I played so far that came with them. This one for Age of Calamity sort of missed the mark me, at least in retrospect.

Take my opinion about the DLC for Age of Calamity, as you will.

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I actually never got the DLC for HW:AoC.... very off brand for me I know..

It may be so for those who are well versed in Zelda as us but as I said the content here to me just seem lacking to me.

So I understand even if you didn't know that the content is meh-meh at best. Get the DLC at your caution of course.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

It may be so for those who are well versed in Zelda as us but as I said the content here to me just seem lacking to me.

So I understand even if you didn't know that the content is meh-meh at best. Get the DLC at your caution of course.

I think it was a timing thing when it came out, involved in other games/activities. Then it was "oh well it's been so long". Then it was sort of a  "well it's JUST a warriors game...."

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

I think it was a timing thing when it came out, involved in other games/activities. Then it was "oh well it's been so long". Then it was sort of a  "well it's JUST a warriors game...."

Hold on, hold on. I think anyone can relate to overlapping games with backlog and all but when you said; 'it's a warrior game', I have to ask. do you like them or the theme based on franchise IP?

In addition, I actually love the DLC for Wii U and 3DS for Hyrule Warriors. It was a bit small but it worked for me not just for time but what they still packed into it. Did you get the additional content for HW on Wii U or 3DS or did you just played all the content that was included in the Switch version?

13 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Hold on, hold on. I think anyone can relate to overlapping games with backlog and all but when you said; 'it's a warrior game', I have to ask. do you like them or the theme based on franchise IP?

In addition, I actually love the DLC for Wii U and 3DS for Hyrule Warriors. It was a bit small but it worked for me not just for time but what they still packed into it. Did you get the additional content for HW on Wii U or 3DS or did you just played all the content that was included in the Switch version?

I have all versions of the first HW with all the DLC on them.

When I said "it's a warriors game" it's more that it's spin-off Zelda content, and not mainline Zelda, so it had less priority.