Nintendo Direct 9/13/22 - 7am PT / 10am ET

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I blame Stardew Valley for the influx of farm simulation games of late. That's the only reason I can think of.

HOLD IT!  

Story of Seasons, or whatever the heck the series is called, is actually what the old Harvest Moon games used to be called before that whole legal thing began. (I mean, there is still Harvest Moon, but you got to agree that it's a shell of its former self.)  

So, if you think about it... wouldn't you say it's the Story of Season's fault? I mean, they were kind of indirectly FIRST farm sim games/series. Or popular ones anyways.  

But, Stardew Valley is a fun game. I played it around 2015... 2016? I forgot when it became popular. I only got it because the few YouTubers I watch recommend it. And some of them are "hardcore" or "veteran" players. They say it is one of the best HM successors. I played it, and I agree.  

Wow there's a $180 collector's edition for Octopath Traveler 2 with an art book, music selection, and figurines: https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/769560/octopath-traveler-ii-collector-s-edition-set-switch

Not sure I'd ever spend that much on a special edition but I have to admit I like these figurines: f24d2bd73f75f2b5089087449b152d9a_KR_1350.thumb.jpg.3695773d9de1b48905d00c1cbbf9043f.jpg

Also, curiously enough, it seems like the new Theatrhythm game will be $49.99 MSRP, at least on the Square Enix store: https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/769469/theatrhythm-final-bar-line

Just a list of games shown and I remember having interest of....

FE Engage...I don't know how to feel about this one but I have admit because of the artstlye I have to get used to but the graphics look clean to me. I have to see more of this game if I am gonna get it. I most likely will tho, lol.

It's great that it takes to two is coming to Switch (it was leaked it was coming) but don't much interest of getting the game here.

Of course there's xenoblade 3 new on the DLC. Good stuff, good stuff.

It was rumored that Tunic would be coming to Switch. Great.

Man, I wish I have Splatoon 3 now. Knew a splatfest would be coming soon. Right now if I had Splatoon 3 I would good with grub.

Octopath Traveller, I didn't see coming. Man, SE be slaying Switch with hits after hits. And this is under a year when Triangle Strategy came out.

Theatrerhythm  FF Final Bar Line is a unusual case. Like I like FF but not all the music from there but the DLC music I want to get the game for tho.

Another appearance of Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, this is already forgone conclusion. It's already purchased.

So the N64 games, they are great especially Goldeneye. What I want to know is the game this month we already 3 weeks in so yeah. Which of the 3 games this year will release?

So what is this Various Daylife game from SE, never heard of it unless I forgot and it comes out today? Sounds suspicious to just shadow drop like there's no confidence in this game.

MK8DX Wave 3 DLC, somewhat surprised to see this honestly. (Tho I am sure there were those looking for this despite wave 2 released last month remember?) what I am not surprised what they shown and when it will release. So I am think late November-December release. They will slowly show more track lead up to its release. They really couldn't have ppl who can't wait till November to show all the tracks at once huh?

So they announced to delay the returning sport Golf to Nintendo Switch Sports. Okay.....

That whole Pikmin spot for Pikmin Bloom to me was unnecessary but I see it was to finally announce Pikmin 4 and that's great for those ppl.

Finally a demo to try Harvestsella, I try it to determine if I gonna get this or not.

Like Sparks of Hope, Bayonetta it already purchased.

That detective game from the Dangaropa guys looks intriguing. As I saw more I want to give it a try.

Crisis Core gets a release date of December 13th.

Tales of Symphonia: Remaster SLJDGBDFHJFJES\KZJ,HMVG,ZGJFGXJHFL

We all know it Kirby's 30th anniversary but even I think his too much with the rerelease of Return to dreamland. But it's there for those who want more Kirby.

We finally get the game title for the sequel of BotW called the the Tears of the Kingdom and a release date of 5.12.2023. Fucking fantastic!

---------

Overall a B direct with all I was interested versus what wasn't to me. All that was interested really made what I wasn't interested irrelevant to say it took away more from the Direct.

EDIT: Anyone noticed the VO for the direct headline is different? I noticed right away. This guy has to grown on me as he doesn't enthusiasm like the other dude. I am just not hearing it from this current dude. Sounds boring to me.

Edited by DLurkster
24 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

HOLD IT!  

Story of Seasons, or whatever the heck the series is called, is actually what the old Harvest Moon games used to be called before that whole legal thing began. (I mean, there is still Harvest Moon, but you got to agree that it's a shell of its former self.)  

So, if you think about it... wouldn't you say it's the Story of Season's fault? I mean, they were kind of indirectly FIRST farm sim games/series. Or popular ones anyways.  

But, Stardew Valley is a fun game. I played it around 2015... 2016? I forgot when it became popular. I only got it because the few YouTubers I watch recommend it. And some of them are "hardcore" or "veteran" players. They say it is one of the best HM successors. I played it, and I agree.  

I have to agree with only because I am not farm sim guy and don't know much about what title is what and where it started.

But the real zeitgeist of the sim farm started with Stardew Valley, so don't lie there.

17 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Wow there's a $180 collector's edition for Octopath Traveler 2 with an art book, music selection, and figurines: https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/769560/octopath-traveler-ii-collector-s-edition-set-switch

Not sure I'd ever spend that much on a special edition but I have to admit I like these figurines: f24d2bd73f75f2b5089087449b152d9a_KR_1350.thumb.jpg.3695773d9de1b48905d00c1cbbf9043f.jpg

Also, curiously enough, it seems like the new Theatrhythm game will be $49.99 MSRP, at least on the Square Enix store: https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/769469/theatrhythm-final-bar-line

I've see the price for the collector edition on twitter. That is much but we probably seen worse prices than that.

I got the CE for Octopath.

For Me:

Octo 2.... everyone knew it was coming at some point....  looks and sounds good to me.

Title to Zelda makes this game even more interesting....

MK8BP content is a solid.

NSO N64 additions are solid....   a lot of them revealed are ones I actually want to play.

I'll probably get Tunic.

Not sure if it was my Roku or the feed, both, or something else but inconsistent compression in the youtube video (while watching it on my 50") has me questioning some of these game's graphics.

So that Various Daylife game from SE, read up on it and it sounds really up my alley for turn base RPG. The price is not bad. The game is out now.

Also, if no one knew the Octopath Traveller II is also coming to Playstation and PC too. I believe that is a first, as I don't think the first came out there but it did for Xbox.

Oddly enough no Octopath Traveller for Xbox console. Is that strange?

Edited by DLurkster
1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Surprised no one thought it was odd about the RE games going CLOUD.....

I dunno, the moment I knew they were talking about Village I figured it would be a cloud version.  If a non cloud version is a possibility then I'd prefer that even if it didn't look as good.  I want to played RE2 Remake, RE3 Remake, REVII and RE Village but I can't convince myself enough to pull the trigger on a Cloud game.  It's still absolutely stupid that Square Enix made ALL the KH mainline games on Switch cloud version.

4 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I dunno, the moment I knew they were talking about Village I figured it would be a cloud version.  If a non cloud version is a possibility then I'd prefer that even if it didn't look as good.  I want to played RE2 Remake, RE3 Remake, REVII and RE Village but I can't convince myself enough to pull the trigger on a Cloud game.  It's still absolutely stupid that Square Enix made ALL the KH mainline games on Switch cloud version.

So tho I have nothing against It Takes Two, I'm sure we seen better Switch ports. Not that I was expecting that game to go cloud mind you.

Everytime we must mention the KH collection Cloud, when Nintendo, cloud and gaming is involved. The example of what not to do when you could of, probably port most on Switch.

Everytime it is brought up, really grinds my gears.