Inkopolis - N4A Chat Thread - September 2022

Looks like Spotify has Audiobooks now

That’s pretty convenient- only mildly annoying that they have to be purchased and not free

No idea on the prices, though 

Though they do have all the Audiobooks for the Harry Potter audiobooks by Dan Green, so that’s pretty cool - going to have to listen to those at some point after buying them sometime 

Have LotR, The Hobbit and quuuuuite a large amount of Doctor Who stuff

Not sure if they have all of the serials/audiobooks though, but i did see quite a selection when scrolling through the search results 

Well, hopefully they aren’t too expensive… going to have to check the prices later

Somewhat convenient, though regardless since I don’t have to worry about downloading another app and buying them there, I suppose 

Edit:

Finally got around to checking prices, and wow these audiobooks are pricey

Edited by Shadow118

Forgive me if this seems insensitive, but I'm legitimately curious:

Every year, certain places get hit by hurricanes, resulting in millions of dollars worth of property damage, injuries, deaths, etc. And it's always the same places that suffer these extreme weather conditions.

But unlike other natural disasters like earthquakes, forest fires, or volcano eruptions, which are unpredictable, we know that every year, there's going to be hurricanes in the same places. So why is it that the people who live there continue to rebuild their houses in the same place every year, instead of moving somewhere safer where there aren't any hurricanes?

Sometimes it’s because the places they live in mean home to them. They love their community so much that they can’t imagine being anywhere else, despite the consequences. Or are currently on vacation. Or they can’t go anywhere because of THAT.  

Some people aren’t so lucky. Homeless/disability. Or just can’t afford going anywhere else. Everyone knows the housing economy is a nightmare as of now. I think? I don’t watch the news too much. 

Finally done organizing most of my Pokémon Home Boxes, making sure to save often so I don’t accidentally end up loosing progress and redoing anything..  - bloody hell I transferred a lot from Go

Bloody hell that took a few days - had to spend time redoing a few sections because I kept overlooking a few Pokémon 

I don’t know why i think continually organizing them by Generation and level is a good idea 

Ugh 😑 

Well, since that’s done, i can figure out what to get rid of

i also have had the pokemon itch recently, so i've just been playing gen 2 y;
it's been a really long time though and my first time playing in japanese so-
i actually tried heartgold first but it just doesn't hit the nostalgia itch, so i went back to crystal hamnap;

a side benefit is that unlike the gen 4 engine, the originals don't speed through parts of the battle text automatically, faster than i can read it :v

• Chrom locked this topic
  • Chrom unpinned this topic