Inkopolis - N4A Chat Thread - September 2022

45 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I don't get it. psyduck;

it's just a joke about japanese homophones

arinomama (as they are, e.g. "things as they really are")
ari is also ant, and mama, obviously

Edited by April

Despite the inaccurate and garbage ads, Dislyte isn’t too bad of a mobile game 

Been liking it so far - has some pretty good music, too

Also was looking at Eshop and there’s a lot of Aetlier games

Not exactly sure which bundles/Deluxe editions would be best to buy

Been interesting into that series, though not sure which ones to buy atm - going to have to looked into that

2 hours ago, Spring said:

digimon survive is a slog but now that i can do the true ending i'm gonna try to power through it just to see how the story goes 

i wanna try atelier ryza since the first one is on sale.....but i wanna play live a live too..............................plus some other VNs on my list..........so many options...

Ah, man, i was really curious about that game. 

8 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Ah, man, i was really curious about that game. 

fwiw survive's story is really dark, interesting, and the characters (while one dimensional one could say) are fun to learn about and hear from

the problem is really everything ELSE survive tries to do, meaning, all the gameplay that isn't just reading dialogue u_u the battles are slow, even sped up, and easy to boot, the 'exploration' and free time is cumbersome, and the game makes a big deal about how your choices matter, but now that i've played through it, it turns out that isn't really true at all lol

its the kind of game that could have used a few more months in the oven if ya know what i mean, tho i know they kind of went through dev hell with it so maybe it was better to just get it out and be done with it....idk lol

story 8/10 so far, everything else 5-6/10

Saw yesterday that Klonoa Phantasy Reverie series has a Demo and downloaded that - so going to be checking that out, been curious on that game

Also downloaded Demos for Azure Striker Gunvolt 3,Figment 2: Creed Valley,Anno: Mutationem, and Aruse: A Simple Story Demo out of curiosity 

Surprisingly had enough storage/space on my Switch/SD card for them

Going to have to upgrade and either get a 512 or 1TB Micro SD Card soon - both are almost full on space…

Played through the Demo for Klonoa earlier- it’s not too bad of a game, might download that at a later point

Played through Anno Demo and that was… interesting - maybe I’ll buy it? Not sure completely one way or the other

Haven’t touched the Azure Striker Demo yet, but didn’t care for the other two

But finally got around and started playing the Demo for Harvestella- it’s pretty unique and interesting- think I’ll be

buy this later on - haven’t finished it, but I’ve played through Chapter 1 and enjoying it so far, though 

The whole time system takes some getting used to - the day can go by pretty fast…

Looks like we’re finally getting a look at the Mario movie in October

I’m very…. cautiously optimistic about it considering we haven’t heard much about it since it was announced

So… not going to say whether it’ll be good or bad until the trailer comes out

Could be surprised and could be good, but I’m very unsure about it still

Though whatever memes or shitposts that come out of this will be pretty amusing to see

___

Also, on the subject of voice acting, looks like the Rabbids and Beep-O have voice acting in SoH - that’s… unusual, strange and going to take some getting used to - not against it, though

Beep-O doesn’t sound too bad from one clip i saw on Twitter

Interesting development for the Rabbids, though

I'm having a lot of fun with Live A Live. I'm about two-thirds of the way through.  

What threw me off was the constant swearing. I thought this was Teen Titans or something, not South Park. I wonder how much profanity the ESRB allowed a T rated game to get away with.

If any game came a little close to its concept... Maybe Octopath Traveler. Or I'd argue Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a sense. 

23 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I'm having a lot of fun with Live A Live. I'm about two-thirds of the way through.  

What threw me off was the constant swearing. I thought this was Teen Titans or something, not South Park. I wonder how much profanity the ESRB allowed a T rated game to get away with.

If any game came a little close to its concept... Maybe Octopath Traveler. Or I'd argue Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a sense. 

Saga Frontier!!!