Inkopolis - N4A Chat Thread - September 2022

Beat TMNT IV: Turtles in Time Hard Mode, and TMNT Arcade with total randos with here and there lag. 

As much as the Arcade game paved the way for its huge successor, and Turtles in Time is one of the best beat-em-ups of the 90s... 

I kind of like Shredder's Revenge more now? It's too bad the SNES game doesn't have online components, and even four-player modes. But, it's arcade counterpart, and oddly its rip-off Hyperstone Heist, are online. Still, the lag is there. 

But, this has been strangely one of Konami's best years in a long while. And, the TMNT video game market. It looks like there might be more games because of the reception so far. 

Just now, Tyranogre said:

I was going to try to refrain from making any more jokes about the Queen's death, but come the fuck on! The game is literally called "Tears of the Kingdom"! It's way too perfect!

I wonder if that's why they didn't live stream it in the UK

all i have been doing for the past several weeks is working and working through my pokemon special reread in japanese y;

on a positive note i got the confirmation stuff for my insurance in the mail so it's official~
and between working enough hours finally and the universal raise at starbucks i can finally chip away at the endless list of things i've been neglecting
it's a v exhausting job though and i go way too hard when i'm in work mode
my legs are big mad at me even with regular stretching and such.
but thiiings are happening it's exciting nonetheless flower;

12 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

I'm playing the NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 

The F am I doing with my life? 

Your best.

Back in my collecting NES games days I was determined to beat this game, I could get do a damageless dam run and get to the final hallway in the Technodrome without losing a single turtle. Then there was that final hallway of respawn enemy spam...

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Your best.

Back in my collecting NES games days I was determined to beat this game, I could get do a damageless dam run and get to the final hallway in the Technodrome without losing a single turtle. Then there was that final hallway of respawn enemy spam...

Yes, but that doesn't make this game good or fun, now does it?

And... I beat it. To be honest, I played it on the Cowabunga Collection, which has the rewind option. I thought this game had an exaggerated horrible reputation, but nope. It's just really horrible. Horrible enemy and obstacle placement, horrible bosses, some of the worst platforming (especially the one "pit" where you can just walk over it), and respawning enemies. Not to mention, it has the notorious dam level. The turtle switching mechanic is maybe the only good concept in this game, and it does have multiple continues.