Miiverse not part of Switch

Punchy

2 minutes ago, nornir said:

I actually liked Miiverse a lot

Same.

After my playthrough of Awakening/ongoing play through of Birthright, I actually became quite fond of it, not to mention you sometimes got some genuinely good content from it.

RIP all those really good drawings.

22 minutes ago, AGES said:

I'm guessing there's going to be a new service then.

Yep. Nothing like just killing everything off. Anyone want to venture to guess that they're probably going to kill all online for the older systems?

They just want people to use their phones, etc. for that. Uh no thanks Nintendo. Guess I won't be sharing anything lol. Since my phone isn't used for that kind of thing.

Edited by Doc Brown
1 minute ago, Schmengland said:

This is...legitimately dumb. No StreetPass? Eh. Missed opportunity, but whatever.

No Miiverse? When Nintendo are finally getting into sharing functionality? What the fuck kind of...?

Yep. But they want people to use their phones!

It's messed up. But whatever.

9 minutes ago, エース said:

tbh using my phone isn't a bad thing since it's leagues faster than anything Nintendo could cook up. A switch app with all that stuff built in would be pretty neat. 

Which is great for people whose phones can be able to handle more apps. Some people's phones aren't able to and/or some people just use phones to talk to others or text. And not to game, etc.

Edited by Doc Brown
5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Which is great for people who's phones can be able to handle more apps. Some people's aren't able and/or some people just use phones to talk to others or text. And not to game, etc.

Not to dismiss your plight, but the key word here is, "some". I seldom meet someone with an underperforming smartphone, much as I wonder at the necessity for some financially-burdened people to own a flagship phone. But that's a different discussion.

The point is that the flagship smartphone market is quite lucrative. I don't disagree with the notion that making some of the Switch's functionality dependent on smartphone use seems very unintuitive, but it is most certainly not because people don't own phones that can handle it.

Edited by Schmengland