Step 1: Let's Choose a Name!

Kodiack

I'm still happy with the name I tossed out on NS2: A Little South of Nintendo. So when I become head mod and decide to make my own forum before being banned, that's what I'll pick.

Ninfora sounds a bit too abstract. Would anyone unfamiliar with the place realize it's a gaming forum? I guess NSider had that problem, too.

1 hour ago, Zora said:

Out of curiosity, is there some sort of a "sub-name" we can add (e.g. "Nintendo Forums") that might help make this forum more visible on google? Because right now, google can't find us worth shit.

This sort of thing falls under the snazzy term of "Search Engine Optimisation". It's something that I'll work on to get us higher up on Google, but there are much higher priorities still.

When we're at a point that people are finding us through Google, the site should look and feel as inviting as possible. There are still a few holes to fill before worrying about any sort of large userbase expansion.

can we have a vote already? unless someone comes up with something stellar for a name within the next 24 hours, which if you were going to you probably would have already, it seems like ninfora and ninforia are the most popular choices and how am i supposed to make official threads if we haven't even named the place officially yet ;_; i need stability!

I kind of like the All being implied, making just the middle a full word. It's the syllable that is most stressed of the three. Adding two l's would change the stress to the 'all' for some people, though that could also be positive if you see that as the main point.

'for' could also be short for forums, but then I'm not sure what to make the 'a' to make it sound good.

3 minutes ago, The Krazy One said:

You do realize that you can edit topic titles on any official topics you make so that wouldn't exactly be a problem unless you make a banner for that topic. Even then you could save the template for that banner to change it if the name ends up changing.

yeah i do realize that but that doesn't solve the problem of this place not having an official name and causing more work for me, and hindering the activity that everyone so desperately wants in the first place

so yeah, i could do that but that doesn't solve the problem

Just now, chickadee said:

yeah i do realize that but that doesn't solve the problem of this place not having an official name and causing more work for me, and hindering the activity that everyone so desperately wants in the first place

so yeah, i could do that but that doesn't solve the problem

Just give it time. The site was rushed and I'm pretty sure people on here hate being rushed to do things (myself included). Things are still being worked out.